Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (continued)

A13G10

^ I'm kinda open to this idea of the White Monolith tapping into the Quantum Realm for it's time travel use. (Especially since they were manmade by an alien.)

I guess...Gibborim's do have more knowledge and a different method of time travel that affects time and reality like you're suggesting A13G10..

EDIT: Ah okay, I see in the Runaways finale they did mention the "closed timelike curve" as the method they used. I guess that makes it different than the Monolith and Quantum Realm methods.
Just saw this message. Yes, in Runaways they mention a CTCs, and in real life the only way CTCs work is when you use the Deutsch proposition (which is branching off, and is mentioned in Endgame.) Also, according to "The Art of Avengers: Endgame", the design of the Quantum Realm Time Machine is based off how a CTC would look like in real life.

The Gibborim's method CANNOT rewrite a timeline. Marvel Television does not introduce something we haven't seen in the films. In the films, you cannot rewrite (yet), therefore the Runaways show is not rewriting. A friend asked Quinton Pebbles (a crew member of Runaways) and he said the time travel method is an open book because they did not write rules for it.

We have to take the CTCs method helps you to create a branched timeline, but when you do, if your version cannot be in that timeline, you are either taken out or are erased.

A13G10

Then stay in that new timeline and DON'T undo it. End the threat of Chronicoms, Malick and Garrett in 1983 and that becomes the MCU timeline.
If they are going to go back to 1955 afterwards anyway and kill Luke, then this storyline has been a complete waste. Stick with those consequences.

If they're not going to tie up other loose ends from the previous seasons, then most of the show is better off as an alternate timeline.

I know you and Pro Bot don't want that, but it's the only natural way storywise it can work without wasting our time.
It won't become the MCU timeline. Because of two things. The Triskelion in the MCU is 1989 (not 1983, even Coulson says it), in the MCU Fury is the one who came up with Project Inisght idea, not in 1973, in the MCU the Lighthouse was shut down in 1972, not 1976... Even if you want this new altered timeline to be the MCU because you think it has been a "waste of time", it cannot be because it contradicts the films (MCU continuity)

MCU Continuity:
-Lighthouse is shut down in 1972 as the HWC
-Triskelion is still being built by 1989
-Project Insight is created after Battle of New York

Malick's Project Insight continuity
-Lighthouse is shut down in 1976
-Triskelion is already finished by 1983
-Project Inisght was designed in 1973-1976.

They are already contradicting the films... so no, this new altered timeline is NOT MCU.

A13G10

And you are mistaken, there is still a reality that won't have Quake, with the Triskelion getting destroyed, the new reality has been already destroyed. They were stopping the Chronicoms from being a threat to a new timeline, and ultimately theirs, what if they found a way to come back to the MCU?...

selfishmisery

Then it is a waste of time. Objectively.
They basically ran around in circles.

Terrible storytelling. And I don't just think that, objectively it is a waste of time.

If your way is how they will end the series, I will be furious.

selfishmisery

I will wait and see how this turns out, but if the team have to fail all season just to undo it all in the penultimate THEN reach the MCU timeline, that is overly and unnecessarily complicated.

A13G10

Then it is a waste of time. Objectively.
They basically ran around in circles.

Terrible storytelling. And I don't just think that, objectively it is a waste of time.

If your way is how they will end the series, I will be furious.
If you want to feel better, Enoch, Fitz and Simmons (if you take out her chip) know the aftermath. They know the team had to time travel to stop the Chronicoms. Lets see, but that is basically.

Also, the show itself has said before you cannot rewrite the timeline, Fitz in Season 3: Time is set, you cannot change it. Season 5 introduced the Multiverse theory, the 2091 reality is now an alternate universe and Deke is the proog when you play with Time Travel you can move between those universes.

And if the theory that the team returned to 1955 to stop Luke you can interpret that thanks to the Agents' actions the MCU as we know it will come to life. However, you have to accept this new universe they are in is not the MCU timeline, the Triskelion in 1983 is the main example.

The show is pretty aware of their nature and their rules, and lets thank God they have some consistency between their facts.

Pro Bot

I know you and Pro Bot don't want that, but it's the only natural way storywise it can work without wasting our time.
I'd rather half a season than the whole show and potentially all of MCU TV (-Agent Carter) becoming a waste of time.

Isn't that like saying the Framework was a waste of time?

Last edited:

A13G10

Have any of you guys considered that Runaways uses a different method of time travel because the writing for that show sucked?
According to the main collaborator of that show, they didn't focus on writing Time Travel rules for the show, they went for the Doctor Who "Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey", and the collaborator also said that the Runaways were not expert by the design. so they might have not taken care of the rules and measures to avoid being "erased" from the timeline they had jumped into. Not only that, but the collaborator said the rules are: "who knows how it works?". Leaving it open for us to accommodate it to the branching rules.

Slyonic

According to the main collaborator of that show, they didn't focus on writing Time Travel rules for the show, they went for the Doctor Who "Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey", and the collaborator also said that the Runaways were not expert by the design. so they might have not taken care of the rules and measures to avoid being "erased" from the timeline they had jumped into. Not only that, but the collaborator said the rules are: "who knows how it works?". Leaving it open for us to accommodate it to the branching rules.
I like the idea that Chase didn't have any measures to avoid being erased. The Avengers anchored themselves to the present, using the platform. The Runaways didn't have a platform to anchor to, hence them being erased.

A13G10

After rewatching the episode, is possible that happened. Also a CTC is forcing the past to meet the future, so if you are not careful you may be connecting your essence and existence to the timelines you are jumping into, so if you make something that eliminates your existence, you are taken out.

selfishmisery

I'm reminded of something in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. in its second season's time travel arc.
When the Vampire timeline is erased in present day and "Dracula Hulk" (don't laugh) fades away, She-Hulk asks why did he fade away. A-Bomb brings up the idea that an alternate Hulk was created.

A couple episodes later, Leader says those alternate timelines still exist but as paradoxes.

So I would think maybe in the case of Runaways, which I'm almost entirely agreeing with you on, CTC causes the time travelers to fade away if the past is changed, but said characters and their timeline are stuck in perpetual limbo bordered off from access to the other timeline(s).
EDIT: Also, I think that's how David Haller survived in the comics after Bishop prevented David's birth.

Last edited:

Latest posts