Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Is there a 4k/Blu-Ray version?

Fantastic Four also has an extended cut, by the way. There's also a tie-in comic to the Rise of the Silver Surfer video game, but I don't know what it is about or if it only fits with the Fantastic Four tie-in video game universe. To keep it simple, let's say it's non-canon.

Fantastic Four also has an extended cut, by the way. There's also a tie-in comic to the Rise of the Silver Surfer video game, but I don't know what it is about or if it only fits with the Fantastic Four tie-in video game universe. To keep it simple, let's say it's non-canon.
I don't have them yet, i just started searching dates in them and the Blu-Ray will have to wait

The Tim Story films are on Blu but not 4K. The Trank film is on 4K but its OOP and very hard to find these days.

I am pretty sure I have that comic somewhere

About Eternals comic book.

I would skip "a few years earlier" text.

1084 - katana
1142 - scroll
1238 - helmet
End of 15th century - dragon
1520 - ship
1521 - Eternals split in the movie

Read the comic. It's definitely not canon. Red Ghost from the game plays a role and it contradicts the whole Dr Doom resurrection in the film in favor of him randomly being alive like he was in the game.

Like with any game adaptation (besides Ghost Rider, Hulk (2003), X-Men: The Official Game to some degree and the Blade games since those were original sequels or prequels), it's non-canon/non-existent in any timeline in the multiverse because they only serve as creative retellings of the films.

A few things I wanna ask before I eventually do the "Non-MCU Marvel Live-Action Timelines" thread... would you consider the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse more of a Megaverse? (Basically, a multiverse within a multiverse.)

Question 2: Would you consider the MCU multiverse to almost entirely consist of live-action-based continuities?
I think contextually with the first two questions, Loki and No Way Home sorta set up that this MCU/Earth-199999 branch is still connected to the larger "Multiverse" but it's VERY isolated thanks to (the former?) Nathaniel Richards aka He Who Remains of that Earth. No Way Home's ending even involved a lot of comic-accurate villains from the greater multiverse bleeding through to E-199999; meaning those are from the parts of the multiverse that aren't live-action or part of this isolated MCU's branches.

Final Question: I personally take Blade onwards all part of the same live-action 'multiverse' due to its success and heavy creative liberties that comic book movies took after that point - so would you take everything PRIOR to that, starting with that laughable Nick Fury TV movie all the way back to the Captain America serial of the 1940s as extensions/branches of the COMIC portion of the multiverse? Meaning, they're not branches of the MCU's reality thus aren't fully connected. I see them as more or less comic-based due to the appearance of many of the costume designs and their lack of liberties with the source material.

A few things I wanna ask before I eventually do the "Non-MCU Marvel Live-Action Timelines" thread... would you consider the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse more of a Megaverse? (Basically, a multiverse within a multiverse.)

Question 2: Would you consider the MCU multiverse to almost entirely consist of live-action-based continuities?
I think contextually with the first two questions, Loki and No Way Home sorta set up that this MCU/Earth-199999 branch is still connected to the larger "Multiverse" but it's VERY isolated thanks to (the former?) Nathaniel Richards aka He Who Remains of that Earth. No Way Home's ending even involved a lot of comic-accurate villains from the greater multiverse bleeding through to E-199999; meaning those are from the parts of the multiverse that aren't live-action or part of this isolated MCU's branches.

Final Question: I personally take Blade onwards all part of the same live-action 'multiverse' due to its success and heavy creative liberties that comic book movies took after that point - so would you take everything PRIOR to that, starting with that laughable Nick Fury TV movie all the way back to the Captain America serial of the 1940s as extensions/branches of the COMIC portion of the multiverse? Meaning, they're not branches of the MCU's reality thus aren't fully connected. I see them as more or less comic-based due to the appearance of many of the costume designs and their lack of liberties with the source material.
1. Yeah. I mean, they're obviously still part of the traditional Marvel Multiverse (their Earth numbers), but you could make a distinction and say they are the branches seen at the end of Loki (which then connects to the comic multiverse).

2. Yes (except when shown otherwise - an animated universe was shown in the Multiverse of Madness trailer).

3. Eh, they can be. I personally would primarily focus on materials that are linked to the MCU, though. So... Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men (Xavier may or may not be a variant, doesn't really matter), and a couple other things... ;)

Personally, until proven otherwise, I'm keeping the Fox X-Men franchise totally separate. It's just too complicated as is to try and integrate into a viewing order.

Personally, until proven otherwise, I'm keeping the Fox X-Men franchise totally separate. It's just too complicated as is to try and integrate into a viewing order.
At the end of the day, I'm treating my personal MCU timeline as its own thing. I do also have a more complex one with all the multiverse stuff included so far, but yes X-Men will complicate that immensely since there are two timelines running through that franchise.

At the end of the day, I'm treating my personal MCU timeline as its own thing. I do also have a more complex one with all the multiverse stuff included so far, but yes X-Men will complicate that immensely since there are two timelines running through that franchise.
Even if the two universes collide, I'm going to Keep X-Men as it's own thing and call the MCU guests variants.

Latest posts

Back