Marvel Studios Updates

Fuzzy Birds said:
Although I honestly can't understand how an Avengers movie would work... unless part of this new deal is that Marvel could effectively make crossovers of it's movies, because the last I heard on this, Iron Man and Thor are both owned by different studios, as was Captain America. And with Hawkeye and Ant Man getting solo movies, could they also fit into the Avengers movie?

I'm confused.
Exactly why it is never going to happen, as Marvel said, because it would cost them around $700 million to actually do it. No lie. There was an article on it that stated that.

GMaster said:
If Fiddy Cent was da' Cage-homey, he's be trippin' yo'. Cage is only so much gangastanator man, so yous' be trippin' yous' be dissin, yous be pissin' man, all overs yous' nizzle man. Fo shizzle'. Huh? You no understand da' gangstnator?! Im'a kick yous' ***, bistochzzle, shizzle wizzle nizzle foizzle.

Izzle.
YEAH BOY! Fiddy ain't no Cazizzage up in this bizzy fizzle, my nizzle! 'Dem ***** *** mutha****as must be *****trippin up in this *****, mutha****a! Fiddy ain't nuthin' but but a punk *** ho! AW SNAP! *steps on Fifty's shoes* Ooo, whatchu gon' do *****? WATCHU' GON' DO! Yeah *****, we ain't even gon' fight 'dis ***** we just gonna crump all up in 'dis *****es face and be all like "***** *** *****! YOU AIN'T NUTHIN'! STEP OFF, FO' I GET UP IN YO' ***, *****! GET HOME TA YO' ***** *** MOMMA, *****!"

Fo' scnizzle dizzle.

icemastertron said:
Exactly why it is never going to happen, as Marvel said, because it would cost them around $700 million to actually do it. No lie. There was an article on it that stated that.

Then why would it be pushed to the front?

The Avengers like we know it won't happen as a movie, If they do something more along the lines of The Ultimates, making it a political movie with superheroes rather than just an All-star line up of the stars. Lets say they use Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, The Wasp, Giant-Man, and US Agent. Hell, they could probably even pull off Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch if they clarify that they are the children of a Mutant Terrorist.

I don't know, I still think that there ARE ways an Avengers movie could happen. Especially now that the characters they might need for that are all in the hands of one studio.

If Captain America, Ant-Man, Nick Fury, and Hawkeye are written with a clause in the contract that they would have to be in a sequel, and in the Avengers movie, I don't think it'd be a problem.

That having been said, it won't happen until they have the money for it.

Well, Ice, I know it would cost ridiculous amounts of money, but why did they put it in there lineup?

Anyway, here's some news already, and I pray to God it's true:

IGN Filmforce reports that Marvel Entertainment has already found a director for its Ant-Man project, which falls under the new Paramount deal.

IGN FilmForce has learned that British filmmaker Edgar Wright is poised to direct Ant-Man. Wright apparently plans on making Ant-Man a comedy.

Wright previously directed and co-wrote "Shaun of the Dead".

Not to mention one of the greatest TV shows ever, Spaced. Wright is a phenomenally good director, with a great stlye and a superb sense of homour. If only Simon Pegg would somehow lend his talents to the movie, perhaps as co writer, seeing as how Spaced and Shaun were co written by him. Hell, even better, Pegg as Pym! The campaign starts NOW!

Tha'ts good news, because I don't see how Ant-Man could be handled any other way than as a joke.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Me neither that's why I think this one will be geared towards kids.

I dunno. I don't see Wright doing anything geared towards kids. Definitely not adult based, but I think, if he has anything to do with the script, it's gonna be a relatively mature but hilarious take on Pym and co.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Me neither that's why I think this one will be geared towards kids.
Not necessarily. It's already relatively agreed upon fact by the film industry that the PG-13 demographic is the most profitable one.

If anything, Ant-Man could easily be a wacky inventor comedy with some occasional toilet humor or PG-13 style innuendo. Think Flubber or The Nutty Professor.

"Edgar Wright Presents Simon Pegg in 'ANT-MAN'"

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

they'll never make avengers, it would cost them to much, cloak and Dagger however, is one of the few i would like to see

ourchair said:
Not necessarily. It's already relatively agreed upon fact by the film industry that the PG-13 demographic is the most profitable one.

If anything, Ant-Man could easily be a wacky inventor comedy with some occasional toilet humor or PG-13 style innuendo. Think Flubber or The Nutty Professor.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of the popular comedies out there today (vince vaughn, will ferrill, etc. type movies), except with superheroes.

On IGN is an interview with the director of Elektra about what he would like to do with a sequel. Click on the link for the full interview.

Bowman says his experience with the MPAA in crafting Elektra left him feeling a bit picked-on. "I felt like it was almost like I was making a G-rated movie." He does, however, feel much better these days. That's because his new version of the movie, Elektra: The Director's Cut (out tomorrow on DVD), has everything they told him to take out. Had it been released to theaters, it would be R-rated. And that, says Bowman, is where Elektra must be, especially a sequel.

thee great one said:
On IGN is an interview with the director of Elektra about what he would like to do with a sequel. Click on the link for the full interview.

Bowman says his experience with the MPAA in crafting Elektra left him feeling a bit picked-on. "I felt like it was almost like I was making a G-rated movie." He does, however, feel much better these days. That's because his new version of the movie, Elektra: The Director's Cut (out tomorrow on DVD), has everything they told him to take out. Had it been released to theaters, it would be R-rated. And that, says Bowman, is where Elektra must be, especially a sequel.
Hopefully he's right and not just trying to make it look like it wasn't his fault. I didn't mind Elektra though.

Last edited:
What an awesome thread. Instead of having a different thread for every single upcoming movie, why not use this one?

Anyways....

Does anyone have or has anyone seen the director versions of Elektra and Daredevil? Are they worth buying? I have the original DVDs....but are the extended versions any better or wrth getting?

Victor Von Doom said:
What an awesome thread. Instead of having a different thread for every single upcoming movie, why not use this one?

Anyways....

Does anyone have or has anyone seen the director versions of Elektra and Daredevil? Are they worth buying? I have the original DVDs....but are the extended versions any better or wrth getting?

Daredevil a must. The movie is so different. It adds a lot more to the characters. Such as Matt Murdock when he's not DD and it even had Coolio in it.

I think Elektra was just an extra 6 mins.

thee great one said:
Daredevil a must. The movie is so different. It adds a lot more to the characters. Such as Matt Murdock when he's not DD and it even had Coolio in it.

I think Elektra was just an extra 6 mins.

Awesome...thanks. I'll have to check it out next payday.

Victor Von Doom said:
'Cuz everything else would be for the specific movie sense.

This is just for the broader, more general sense.

Latest posts

Back