Mike Carey to pen Ultimate Vision miniseries

I'm looking foward to this... If anyone can redeem the character, it'll be Carey. I really liked what he did with the UFF following Ellis, which I can't say for Millar at the moment. Carey'll be fine.

Doc Comic said:
I think she's going to stay on Earth with the Ultimates after Extinction. Her sole purpose is to warn people about Gah Lak Tus, but what does she do if Gah Lak Tus is destroyed (probable outcome of Extinction)? She has no purpose anymore, so she stays with the Ultimates. And why am I referring to a damn robot as a she?
You want to know what she does after? Stays on Earth so we can read a lame story about a girl trying to become a woman.

Vision will probably be joining the ultimates eventually and maybe the mini series will be about how she ended up with the ultimates, after ga lak tus, another threat emerges that the ultimates have trouble dealing with and vision proves to be a vital part in destroying it afterwhich she is asked to join the ultimates.

I'm convinced that Vision will join the Ultimates, too. It just seems like the most reasonable thing to do with the character, considering she's in with Sam Wilson and Fury already. I think she would be a good addition to theme, although I'm not sure if I'd want her out doing field work. She could be the person on the recieving end of a headset, giving mission briefings or what to expect around a corner... It could definitely work.

I do not think this constitutes a mini-series about her, though.

Perhaps she carries more information than we know. Galactus is just one threat... Vision may know about the Shi'ar, Kree, etc. It's possible Vision is the void between Earth and whatever else is out there. Although I would rather this position be filled by Captain Marvel, who is a much cooler character, it's possible Vision may take it. It's very possible she may take it.

Also, I want to see a Vision/Captain Marvel relationship. Just so that all of you could accept the fact those robotic boobs are there to please people... Aliens who have had robotic surgery, especially. ;)

Goodwill said:
Also, I want to see a Vision/Captain Marvel relationship. Just so that all of you could accept the fact those robotic boobs are there to please people... Aliens who have had robotic surgery, especially. ;)

Yeah, what is the point of a robot with breasts and womanly curves?

vader said:
Yeah, what is the point of a robot with breasts and womanly curves?

We call them r0808008z around these parts.

Latari'sFighter said:
BACK ON TOPIC...Ya, a merging thing of both Visions would make sense because I don't want a bunch of Vision babies running around...
yeah i would like to see that too, you know. Then we could get an inteligent Vision like the one in the marvel universe...

Mike Carey spoke to UXN about his upcoming X-men run and mentioned some other projects he has coming up. One of which was Ultimate Vision.

"I've been green lighted to go to script on the Ultimate Vision miniseries, which will spin off from Warren Ellis's Ultimate Extinction later this year. That's going to be a lot of fun: spacefaring transexual androids are always interesting to write. Seriously, we've got some great surprises in that story, including (inevitably, maybe…) the first Ultimate appearance of a very long-standing and very grotesque Marvel villain."

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=11&fldAuto=280

So, who's that going to be?

I'm kinda hoping that this and UIM 2 have been cancelled...

ProjectX2 said:
I'm kinda hoping that this and UIM 2 have been cancelled...

I agree with UIM 2 but I think Ultimate Vision should get a chance.

Latest posts

Back