Millar reveals huge Ultimate Fantastic Four event in Wizard

Goodwill said:
How's Thing looking on that cover? Him and Johnny worry me a bit under Land's pens...
What?! Have you seen his art? Thing and Johnny look great under his pencils! He did a cover for Marvel Knights 4, #14. They look awesome.

This is the cover, ladies and gents.

UFFbyG.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks for covering for me, Ice. Sue looks great - Ben is a little googly-eyed but it's not a huge deal. Reed looks a little older than when Kubert or Immonen draw him, but again that's not a bad thing.

UltimateE said:
Thanks for covering for me, Ice.
Not a problem. Anytime.

UltimateE said:
Sue looks great - Ben is a little googly-eyed but it's not a huge deal. Reed looks a little older than when Kubert or Immonen draw him, but again that's not a bad thing.
I like the way Sue looks too. Ben does looks a bit funny with his eyes like that, but nothing to die over. Hopefully Reed doesn't look older inside the book, but it's still cool, nonetheless. I like the way that Land does Johnny. Just seems cool to me. :p

Well, Johnny looks terrific, and I can stomach Reed's older appearance, but the eyes are what throw me off on Grimm and Sue looks a little... Different... Than she did last time... I don't know there's something there that reminds me of Pamela Anderson, not Sue.

Woah! That cover rocks! Ben does look a bit weird but I can handle that. Sue looks like all of Land's chicks including Sojourn...

I was just talking to Aeroth about the art for the cover, and his question made me raise a brow. People have been saying that these guys look older, which they do. But what if these guys are the counterparts of the FF, hence their look as older people. I'm surprised someone didn't pick this up! Even at myself!

Kudos to Aeroth! :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I was truly, truly surprised that nobody else had come to the conclusion that the team on the cover was the alternate FF. It seemed instantly logical to me, considering the story that this arc centers around...

Also, to further engage in my theory...

Notice how The Thing is wearing an outfit on the cover. If the team that we're seeing is truly the alternate FF, then we can eliminate the theory that this is 616. After all, does Thing ever wear a uniform in the regular Marvel universe?

I'm thinking that this alternate reality is similar to the Ultimate Universe; just that it maybe takes place a decade into the future or so.

I think you're right about the decade later thing - I really don't think this is the 616 FF. I think they're just looking into the future.

Here's another obvious thing that was right in front of our faces! Notice on their costumes the number 4. The UFF aren't officially the "Fantastic Four" yet, and I doubt they would be so quickly by this arc's end. That would mean that the FF on the cover is more likely the older counterparts.

icemastertron said:
Here's another obvious thing that was right in front of our faces! Notice on their costumes the number 4. The UFF aren't officially the "Fantastic Four" yet, and I doubt they would be so quickly by this arc's end. That would mean that the FF on the cover is more likely the older counterparts.

But they have "4" on their shirts of other covers too. Just like DD has his costume all over Elektra's covers but doesn't wear it once throughout the storylines.

icemastertron said:

I disagree - all of the covers so far have them with the 4s on the uniforms. I don't think it means anything.

Latest posts

Back