• The Return Of Donna Troy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultimate Iron Man

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Other (please post answer)

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Rhyo said:
I also liked Vimanarama, though the delay for the last issue annoyed the heck out of me.
You know what pissed me off most about the delay? By the time it was released, I'd already bought Seven Soldiers of Victory #0, as well as the first issues of Zatanna and Guardian, so I was already quite caught up in the massive, unfolding epic of world-ending drama, set in 'mainstream' DC continuity (well, more or less). As a side effect, the self-contained story of Vimanarana -- no matter how grand and cosmic -- just felt a little, um, insignificant, really, by the time #3 hit the shelves.

Incidentally, I'm waiting on the TPB of Wintermen, but i'm familiar enough with the premise. The only thing I'm not aware of is whether it's set in Wildstorm continuity. When I first read about it, I assumed it would be a more 'realistic'/grounded and somewhat 'bada$s' take on Winter from the original Stormwatch (in the same way that, say, Sleeper made Lynch into a seriously dangeorus character, rather than a Cable wanna-be goofball who once trained Gen-13). Does it have any connection to Winter at all?

compound said:
Incidentally, I'm waiting on the TPB of Wintermen, but i'm familiar enough with the premise. The only thing I'm not aware of is whether it's set in Wildstorm continuity. When I first read about it, I assumed it would be a more 'realistic'/grounded and somewhat 'bada$s' take on Winter from the original Stormwatch (in the same way that, say, Sleeper made Lynch into a seriously dangeorus character, rather than a Cable wanna-be goofball who once trained Gen-13). Does it have any connection to Winter at all?

Nope; completely self-contained (at least so far, but I suspect it'll stay that way). Why it's a WildStorm imprint, I have NO idea. It was apparently pitched several years back and stalled and for whatever reason just got the green light this year.

compound said:
None. You are completely crazy and off your gourd.

I've only managed to download the first three pages of the scan and I've skimmed it a bit. If I'm recalling correctly, its about superheroes born during the Cold War but fighting for the communist rather than capitalist ideal. Basically, a reversal of the political ideals most Silver Age superheroes espouse. Which I think is interesting enough to pick up, to be honest. :D

Latest posts

Back