Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Deadline reports that New Line Cinema will reboot the Mortal Kombat film series, and have hired Kevin Tancharoen to direct.

Tancharoen, as you may know, also helmed the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth short film that became a viral video sensation as well as the Mortal Kombat: Legacy web series that it spawned.

Oren Uziel, whose horror mashup script The Kitchen Sink made the industry's highly coveted Black List of unproduced screenplays, has been tapped to script the film. Although its plot is being kept under wraps, The Hollywood Reporter claims, "There is no actor attached and the new story will not serve as an extension of the game of digital series."

Looks like it's happening now :)

I really hope he doesn't kill off Johnny Cage in the first ten minutes.

Last edited:
Cut. Print. Awesome.

Tancheroen really deserves this he's worked his ass off to get to do this, I'm sure it's going to be great!

Awesome...

Maybe they'll hire him to unmangle the crap that is the Street Fighter movie franchise.

So we already got the official announcement for a Mortal Kombat reboot yesterday, but now director Kevin Tancharoen is sharing his thoughts on what we should expect from New Line's game-to-film adaptation.

"Up to this point, we've only been talking 'rated R,'" says Tancharoen. "I like realistic takes on things, I like it when it's a little darker and grittier. And I want the martial arts to feel real as opposed to balletic and super-choreographed. It needs to feel brutal, because that's the nature of the video game itself."

More http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/119/1197552p1.html

Latest posts

Back