Mortal Kombat Vs. Detective Comics?

Are you sure? If you have ps3 version press R1 or R2 to make the extra characters pop up (not sure on 360). I couldn't see them unlocked at first and was like "what the hell?" then I pressed the button trying to see if I could see an alternate costume for someone (none in game I think but worth a look) and it popped up.

the extra character menu pop's up but when I select the characters I get this lightning sound effect and nothing happens

and the closest thing to alt costumes is the 2P colour swap wich can be selected by pressing start instead of x

the North America kollectos edition (which I have) doesn't come with a poster, it comes with a print of the cover on felt or something ( i don't know fabrics)

the comic was pretty cool, I like Tobias's art (kindof reminds me if Lopresti meets Raney), but I think the writing could have been better.

the extra character menu pop's up but when I select the characters I get this lightning sound effect and nothing happens

and the closest thing to alt costumes is the 2P colour swap wich can be selected by pressing start instead of x

Oh, I have no idea if this happens to me yet not played as unlocks

Yeah I figured there wasn't but worth a try

20080707.jpg

Midway may very well be selling the rights to Mortal Kombat to be able to dig themselves out of bankruptcy

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/958/958267p1.html

but on the other hand..... MK is all they have left.... well really for the most part all they've ever had

*crosses fingers*

comeonnamcocomeonnamcocomeonnamcocomeonnamco

Step 1 Midway sell to Capcom
Step 2 Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is released
Step 3 I die a happy mole

Seriously. Smash bros has Sonic vs Mario (can't wait to get that) Which is epic. If Mortal komat vs Street Fighter happened it would be too awesome. I'm creaming my pants just thinking that's an option.

Sure MK vs Tekken = cool, MK Vs SC = Cool , MK vs D.O.A = cool. But none will be as pure awesome as MK vs SF.

Step 1 Midway sell to Capcom
Step 2 Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is released
Step 3 I die a happy mole

Seriously. Smash bros has Sonic vs Mario (can't wait to get that) Which is epic. If Mortal komat vs Street Fighter happened it would be too awesome. I'm creaming my pants just thinking that's an option.

Sure MK vs Tekken = cool, MK Vs SC = Cool , MK vs D.O.A = cool. But none will be as pure awesome as MK vs SF.

Yeah, but here's the thing

I want a proper non-crossover installment, and if Capcom were to take it over, I have a feeling they'd send the game back to 2D, and thats the last thing that should happen to the franchise. It needs to take steps forward to redeem the series.

Where as Namco after all this time has resisted the temptation to cross Tekken and SC over (barring Heihachi and whatever the deal with the Yoshimitsu's). and Namco is the stand out pioneer when it comes to 3D fighters, the only other company that comes close is Sega with Virtua Fighter, which is a franchise that has lost alot of clout recently. Sega might be a good home for MK, as their answer to Namco's SC (with VF and Tekken being analogues), but judging from Sega's recent stuff, I'd rather they didn't.

EA and Activision-Blizzard are the most likely players to make a bid, hell maybe even Microsoft or Sony. But you know which idea is really starting to grow on me? Ubisoft, Midway already has a deal with them to distribute the Wheelman, and they've really came into their own with Assasin's Creed and Prince of Persia. I think they could make a pretty sweet fighter, and I'd like to see another company get into the fighter mix, the whole genre is getting kind of stale.

Yeah, but here's the thing

I want a proper non-crossover installment, and if Capcom were to take it over, I have a feeling they'd send the game back to 2D, and thats the last thing that should happen to the franchise. It needs to take steps forward to redeem the series.

Good. The 3d ones haven't been as good anyway. As for the other stuff you mentioned :

Yes but Namco have been doing stupid stuff. Tekken - How Tekken 5 was released and handled for a start. SC = Adding star wars characters and extra people. The later is what MK people hated about about DC Vs MK is that dc had place in a MK game. Now Imagine Mortal kombat and each year they add stuff like link or Yoda?

EA I do not want to get it as I HATE the stuff EA is doing with online and DLC.

Sega I agree with you no.

That leaves very few. Capcom get it they could make it great plus the SF vs MK game possibility is a great one.

Good. The 3d ones haven't been as good anyway. As for the other stuff you mentioned :

Yes but Namco have been doing stupid stuff. Tekken - How Tekken 5 was released and handled for a start. SC = Adding star wars characters and extra people. The later is what MK people hated about about DC Vs MK is that dc had place in a MK game. Now Imagine Mortal kombat and each year they add stuff like link or Yoda?

Hey MKDA was a great game, at the time, it's just that the MK team got lazy, and basically gave us the same game three more times while other franchises raised the bar. MK going back to 2D would be a huge step back, and unless they brought back the digitized actor idea it would feel like they were just turning MK into SF and they are very different games

Tekken 5 was fine, 4 was the crappy one, and atleast Namco has some damn restraint and limitted the SW cameo's to 3. and I'd much rather have Vader, Yoda, Starkiller, Link, Heihachi, Spawn over the DC characters be cameo's, but above all I'd much rather there was NO crossover at all.

Hey MKDA was a great game, at the time, it's just that the MK team got lazy, and basically gave us the same game three more times while other franchises raised the bar. MK going back to 2D would be a huge step back, and unless they brought back the digitized actor idea it would feel like they were just turning MK into SF and they are very different games

But it depends how. E.g Mortal Kombat with street fighter IV's 2.5D graphics could be pretty damn cool. Plus Capcom have made 3d fighting games too so saying Capcom would make it 2d is an assumption.

Imagine 3d Mortal kombat. But SF vs MK = 2.5d. It could work really well.

Also MKDA wasn't that good. Better than IV and better than the ones after it (except MK vs DC) but not as good as 1-3

But it depends how. E.g Mortal Kombat with street fighter IV's 2.5D graphics could be pretty damn cool. Plus Capcom have made 3d fighting games too so saying Capcom would make it 2d is an assumption.

Imagine 3d Mortal kombat. But SF vs MK = 2.5d. It could work really well.

Also MKDA wasn't that good. Better than IV and better than the ones after it (except MK vs DC) but not as good as 1-3

It was better than 3

3 was balls, it was the game that introduced the lame *** Dial-a-Combo system, that took skill right out of the game and introduced memorizing pre-set combo's, this plagued the series up til the present. and the Run button was stupid. and the cast was so lame they had to go back and remake the game not once but twice.

I hate the term 2.5 D, it's only 3D cosmetically, it's still a 2D fighter.

You know what I'd like to see? a next gen MK Shaolin Monks style game, set during MK 3 with the 8 chosen warriors as the playables (Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sonya Blade, Jax, Sub-Zero, Nightwolf, Kabal, Stryker), with all the levels being a fusion between the earth and outworld and the various bosses being the plucked from other 24 characters from that era. give it online co-op, maybe let it play up to 8 players. Hell the Versus mode in MKSM alone was better than most of the games since MK2, think Power Stone meets Fighting Force.

I hated MK Shaolin Monks. I thought that game was horrible.

I'm not saying it was great, but I enjoyed it. and the world needs more 3D co-op beat 'em ups.

No the world needs GOOD 3d co-op beat 'em ups. I thought MK Shaolin Monks was as bad as DBZ sagas. A 3d beat 'em up so bad me the guy who loves most things dbz hates it.

No the world needs GOOD 3d co-op beat 'em ups. I thought MK Shaolin Monks was as bad as DBZ sagas. A 3d beat 'em up so bad me the guy who loves most things dbz hates it.

hmmm, well I thought it was pretty good, it was pretty well received, but to each their own.

hmm...lots of discussion of nameco...

...i bought MK vs DC last week - only £17 on amazon, bargain. Yes characters are good, slightly annoyed there's no robin or aquaman but hey. You can play a character against another character of your choice in 1 player...only thing i can't work out is if you can choose the arena. also it doesn't default to other colour changes so when you play arcade as batman and you have to fight batman - you just can't tell which one you are.

I really like the way the 2 stories weave together too. like if you play them simultaneously they're the same story.

The freefall and klose kombat is fun...if a little static, i enjoy doing the super slam when you get the red half way up. The rage is ok i guess....breakers are more fun.

Has anyone played practice with full rage meters? every time your rage runs out you can re-rage.

good fun - i'm gonna take it round my friends and play some 2 player soon too.

Well we finally got some official word on the promised character DLC from Ed Boon. There was some coming, but because of all the bankruptcy issue's it all had to be shelved.

He also posted this render of Quan Chi on his twitter, implying that Quan Chi would have been one of the downloadable characters.

mkvsdc1_1246996884.jpg

neat render

Latest posts

Back