Most sympathetic and least sympathetic villains in comics

Most sympathetic I'm going to have to give it to a couple of people :

Lizard
for a start. He is someone who wants to overcome his handicap and as result turns himself into a monster he can't control. Can't help but sympathise with the guy.

Poison Ivy As people on here know she's my favourite villain after Eddie Venom. How sure she's mostly evil , manipulative and just plain cold towards other humans. HOWEVER her motives most of the time e.g stopping pollution. Are indeed valid. She goes about things in the wrong way but it's not to sympathise with her when her intentions are actually good.

Harley Quinn She makes my list as there is time when it seems she's not actually evil or bad just doing wrong for the person she loves. Be honest who here hasn't done something wrong for someone they love? Also the fact alot of times the Joker doesn't seem to notice or care about her too. Plus she seems nice and friendly when not with him.

Harry Osborn at least the first time. He wanted to avenge his fathers "death" plus all the **** he went through like the drugs and the insanity makes him a pretty damn sympathetic villain to me.

The other choice would be Magneto but he's been said already so I'll leave that to the others comments.

Baby Modok is the most sympathetic.

Most sympathetic I'm going to have to give it to a couple of people :

Poison Ivy As people on here know she's my favourite villain after Eddie Venom. How sure she's mostly evil , manipulative and just plain cold towards other humans. HOWEVER her motives most of the time e.g stopping pollution. Are indeed valid. She goes about things in the wrong way but it's not to sympathise with her when her intentions are actually good.

Harley Quinn She makes my list as there is time when it seems she's not actually evil or bad just doing wrong for the person she loves. Be honest who here hasn't done something wrong for someone they love? Also the fact alot of times the Joker doesn't seem to notice or care about her too. Plus she seems nice and friendly when not with him.

Which is why Pamela should kidnap Harley. Then she could... wait...I'll be back in 20.

By far the most unsympathetic villain besides maybe the Red Skull is Bullseye. I mean the man said point plank the Osborn that he only kills because he feels like he's the opposite of God. Oh and he thinks it's funny. Plus the guy's killed two of Daredevil's loves just to get back at Ol' Hornhead. So yeah my vote goes to Bullseye (who would be an awesome henchman to the Skull at one point).

Yeah, but Timm was just the design artist, although, I believe Dini eluded to it as well.

Yet harley keeps going back to MR. J .
Which i don't get since Ivy is a better Lov.....er caring individual and her BFF.

Yet harley keeps going back to MR. J .
Which i don't get since Ivy is a better Lov.....er caring individual and her BFF.

Maybe Harley is more hetro then we think? Besides Joker is one who twisted her mind in the first place, it would make sense that he has power over her.

Also any villain that showed up in Punisher max was a complete monster.

Maybe Harley is more hetro then we think? Besides Joker is one who twisted her mind in the first place, it would make sense that he has power over her.

Also any villain that showed up in Punisher max was a complete monster.

Then again most Punisher villains are,

Then again most Punisher villains are,

Even Jigsaw? He kinda sucks, he's not scary at all.

Seriously though most the villains in Punisher max were so evil that you cheered when Punisher killed them. Garth Ennis is really good at creating monsters in human form.

Last edited:
Even Jigsaw? He kinda sucks, he's not scary at all.

Seriously though most the villains in Punisher max were so evil that you cheered when Punisher killed them. Garth Ennis is really good at creating monsters in human form.

Especially Jigsaw.

He's done alot of F'd up things.

Someone really needs to refresh Jigsaw, he could really be a great villain

but too many writers go into his man-crush on Frank, and make him really lame

Latest posts

Back