My theory (Ultimates 2 #7 spoilers)

thee great one said:
You SOB! I haven'ty read the issue yet! I thought this was some House Of M thing. Arragh. I'm so pissed right now you don't even know. :furious: :furious: :arrgh:

Sorry man, didn't know about your situation with only getting them once a month. But:

IceMasterTron said:
Blame yourself for not looking at the forum it was in. It helps paying attention.

I probably should've put spoiler tags on the title, so I apologize for that, but I thought it was pretty obvious what I was talking about, we all know 616 Hawkeye is back, why would I need to develop a theory on how he's still alive if its common knowledge? Again, I apologize, but you need to look closer next time. And dude, if you get that mad over a comic being spoiled for you, you need to look into some anger management classes. Besides, the previews released on the net for this issue have been up for over a month now, it shouldn't be any big surprise.

You're asking people to respect the fact that you only get your comics once a month and don't want them spoiled, which I can respect, yet you act like a total child and disrespect me because I spoiled it for you accidentally. I could understand if the issue wasn't even out yet or had just come out, but its been out for almost 10 days (and the previews for at least a month). And besides, the first line of my post was: "well we've all read Ultimates 2 #7", if you kept reading beyond that its your own fault. We can't all walk on eggshells just to suit you TGO. I'm pissed now too, so I guess we're even. Grow up man. Seriously, the SOB comment was childish.

thee great one said:
It's not my fault I can only get my comics once a month.

It isn't ours either.

Goodwill said:
Well, Scarlet Witch's probability powers could probably come into play then... What if she's at the back door or something?

Another good possibility.

UltimateE said:
I like this theory. I like the Scarlet Witch magic act one too. Either way, we saw shots fired - we didn't see them hit their target.

As for Hawkeye surviving...Millar is a better writer than that. If Hawkeye truly was shot in the head with three shots (or chest or whatever) - he's dead. But the ending was left extremely ambiguous...it doesn't look like they hit Hawkeye.

My thoughts exactly.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Dirish, I just wanna tell u since I couldn't before because I was in such rush that your "Quicksilver saving Hawkeye" theory kicks *** on all levels... I'd totally buy it.! AWESOME. Other than Quicksilver saving Hawkeye... he's dead!

Thanks.

Last edited:
MaxwellSmart said:
Here's my theory, quiksilver grabs hawkeye who has been shot twice. While grabbing hawkeye quiksilver is shot, but manages to get hawkeye a mile or so a way before collapsing himself. The two of them get evacuated a few minutes later. Hawkeye spends the the rest of the issue in intensive care unconscious and unable to give any evidence except for a whisper that Fury hears. Quiksilver is stable, but is out of commission and didn't see who the traitor is. Fury then spends the issue deducing who the traitor is finally culminating with a confrontation between the traitor and Fury. The traitor then disables Fury and is about to kill Fury when wolverine stabs the traitor through the chest...

The only problem I have with this theory is Quicksilver getting shot. He's faster than bullets, so its unlikely he'd let himself get shot. And due to Hawkeye's injuries, I don't know if he'd survive if Quicksilver collapsed and they had to wait for transport to a medical facility. Thats one of the reasons I have Quicksilver taking Hawkeye to the Triskelion/a hospital, cuz he could do it in seconds (meaning Hawkeye probably won't bleed out and die).

Well, like E said, Millar is a good writer and, if he intends to have him alive for the GTA arc, he'll come up with a buyable explanation as to why Hawkeye is still kicking. Granted, he may not be in the best condition to fight in this arc, deeming him useless, Hawkeye is still alive.

I just assumed that if Hawkeye is not 100% dead, he'll be in the coma or "tension box" where we have to wait until he awakens to find out who the traitor is. It might be funny if #8 ends like this: Cap is sitting by Hawkeye on guard. Hawkeye finally wakes up and Cap says, "Clint. You're awake." "My famil..." "They're dead, soldier. Do you know who killed them?" Hawkeye opens his eyes fully and looks at Cap, "... YOU!" "Cap goes, "In your face, soldier." And shoots him, but as the bullet cases fire, it fades to black, to be continued...

IS HAWKEYE DEAD?! WHO KNOWS?!

Also, TGO, it =tehsux this spoiled #7 for you. I can completely understand why you thought this was HoM. :( If it's any consolation, most of us knew long beforehand that Hawkeye's family was gonna buy it in #7, and when we saw the preview, we got the feeling Hawkeye may not make it out of #7 alive. But still... the issue works. It will still shock you. You'll still go, "OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" because it's so well done. You'll still enjoy it. :)

I do most defintely agree that Hawkeye's best chance for survival is for Quiksilver to save him. If he were shot and left for dead and still survived that would piss me off. I mean I think we can assume that at that range it would be easy to kill someone with three shots. The only other way I could see him surviving is if the traitor wanted hawkeye to live. Which is highly unlikely unless my other theory were to pan out.

MaxwellSmart said:
I do most defintely agree that Hawkeye's best chance for survival is for Quiksilver to save him. If he were shot and left for dead and still survived that would piss me off. I mean I think we can assume that at that range it would be easy to kill someone with three shots. The only other way I could see him surviving is if the traitor wanted hawkeye to live. Which is highly unlikely unless my other theory were to pan out.
Agreed

Entropy said:
I like this theory. Even if this doesn't pan out to be what happens, I don't think Hawk's dead, no matter what.

EXACTLY, i mean if hawkeye dies then the ultimates will definantly suck major ***! i mean that means they lose giant man, thor, and hawkeye, plus the traitor. btw it would be bad *** if lets say widow's the traitor, and shes fighting the ultimates in the iron maiden armor, and whooping them when a lightning bolt hits her, and theres thor standing above her holding majnior( because fury let him out to fight) and he says "ruskie scum". dunno sounds ironic and funny to me.

DIrishB said:
The biggest question still looms...who is the traitor? Man, waiting until September is gonna be tough.

And what would be the point of killing the Ultimate's potentially weakest member?

Goodwill said:
And what would be the point of killing the Ultimate's potentially weakest member?

Well, as I see it, there are two choices -
1. In the scene between Thor and Tony, Thor warns that the "other side" will retaliate. Killing Hawkeye and his entire family is simply a message to Fury and the Ultimates - "No one is safe. There are no innocents in this war."
2. The killing is because Hawkeye was the inside info leak to some shadowy organization, and they have decided that Hawkeye had become a liability (he's under investigation by SHIELD, he's no longer useful: pick a reason).

I see #1 as more likely - in the last few pages, what the killer says just seems wrong for option #2, I'd have expected a more leading statement. Though it would make for good drama, the Ultimates mourning the death of their teammate (okay "near death of teammate and death of his family") and then discovering he had been a traitor. But I don't really see that happening.

Yeah, I get what you are saying... The traitor has begun taking names. This is the beginning of the arc, after all, something needs to kick up so that it can swing into full Ultimates motion.

Goodwill said:

There is none, thats why Hawkeye has to survive to form a group for a little veangence after the Ultimates collapse/disband. I can see it, the remaining Ultimates, Hawkeye and Fury standing there after the traitor and his allies take over.

NICK : There's nothing we can do Clint. SHIELDS broken and our authority is gone. The Ultimates are finished.

HAWKEYE : Yeah, they are. And it doesn't matter a bit either because this is personal. They played me for a loop, they played us all for a loop. They broke the team and this nation.

(closeup shot on Hawks face looking grim)

And they killed my family. This isn't about justice a bit. This is about revenge.

(turns to the rest)

HAWKEYE : I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going. Stay here if you want. Maybe you don't have a reason to come. Or you do and your just to spooked to do anything about it. If thats the case, then stay. But if you've got the means and the moxy, then...

(group shot of Hawk raising his bow above his head while the rest raise their hands.)

HAWKEYE : ...Then Avengers, assemble!

And we all stand up in our sad little worlds and clap and cheer. Yay!

Just wanted to sound off the fact that there're some of us who don't always get our comics the day they come out, so spoiling what happened in the recent issue of Ultimates in a thread title is a real freaking bummer.

I still have issue with the scene where the bullets hit Hawkeye. I know they can't show everything, but just little flashes? Maybe some tearing of fabric at the least.

As for him being saved by quicksilver. Well, events have led up to that happening. Quicksilver will go back to get the purse, hears gunshots, gets a move on, saves our hero in the nick of time. But isn't that a little bit Flash Gordon? The hero is hanging from a burning rope, cut to the "tune in next week" message, a week later rocketman swoops down and saves the day.

Millar is a tricky bugger, he's leading us on to believe a few things, Hawkeye is dead, and hawkeye survives, and hawkeye is rescued.
Chances are it will be none of these.

Hell, it could be just a bit of bad luck that happens when Wanda gets drunk (at least it would be if Baldy was writing the Ultimates)

Remember, Loki, trick of the light and all that malarky is behind this too. Who can say for certain.

(Cue "tales of the unexpected" music)

Something puzzles me ... In an earlier issue of the Ultimates Captain America's weight is said to be 250 pounds. In Vol. 2 issue 7 Quicksilver complains about having to carry Captain America because he "... must weigh 350 pounds". So what? Has CA put on a lot of weight or is one of teh Caps not quite what he seems?

ranaj said:
Something puzzles me ... In an earlier issue of the Ultimates Captain America's weight is said to be 250 pounds. In Vol. 2 issue 7 Quicksilver complains about having to carry Captain America because he "... must weigh 350 pounds". So what? Has CA put on a lot of weight or is one of teh Caps not quite what he seems?
Good point. And with him working out, you'd think he'd loose the weight, not gain it. :crazy:

considering that im sure he doesnt have a lot of fat to burn, i bet hed gain weight in muscle mass.

Latest posts

Back