New UFF Cover#28 President Thor [SPOILERS]

Nas-T!

Well-Known Member
Super_Human said:
Mediocrity?This series is at it's best right now and very solid.
Perhaps I chose too harsh a set of words in my initial post and for that, I must concede defeat.

However, IN MY OPINION [in case anyone missed that], this series hasn't reached its best point yet and with the constant rotating of creative teams it'll take some time to settle into things.
BUT, I feel that the closest it came to the best was under Warren Ellis and Adam Kubert. I have a preference for Immonen's art (and still wonder what his Nihil would've looked like) on this title, but feel that the "N-Zone" arc was slightly superior to "Doom" because the latter gave Marvel's Greatest Villain the equivalent of a pre-Dr.90210-operation-makeover!

Millar's current run doesn't bring the best characterization or the best art (and that's Land's fault...but Millar chose him specifically). The stories also feel incomplete. I do admit that we can't fully judge it till it's over and all the plots properly summed up, but for the moment it is, in my HUMBLE opinion, NOT the best this title has ever been at.

There's that.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
God I hope not. This isn't Gundam Wing... This is supposed to be a title about supernatural people practicing practical science. We don't need mini-mates, Gundams, time machines, or whatever to have fun.
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Goodwill said:
God I hope not. This isn't Gundam Wing... This is supposed to be a title about supernatural people practicing practical science. We don't need mini-mates, Gundams, time machines, or whatever to have fun.

You do know Iron Man flies around in what is essentially a mech, right?
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Goodwill said:
The difference between Ironman and Reed wearing an iron suit is vast, my friend.

Ummm...not really. The only difference is Reed has his flexy/stretchy powers and Tony's a normal human, same as when they're both out of the armor.
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
DIrishB said:
Ummm...not really. The only difference is Reed has his flexy/stretchy powers and Tony's a normal human, same as when they're both out of the armor.
With a brain body.
 

The Overlord

Well-Known Member
Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

If one checks the second preview of the Marvel April 2006 solicitations, there is a picture of Super Skrull on the cover, he looks pretty much like his 616 counterpart. Now I thought the the aliens in the first vol of the Ultimates were supposed to be the Skrulls and they look nothing like the 616 Skrulls. What's the deal?
 

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Re: Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

The arc is about Reed Richards screwing up the timeline so alls fair
 

Steve GMan

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

Chances are it's an alternate dimension. Because Fury said how another name for the Chitauri are the Skrulls.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Re: Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

The Overlord said:
If one checks the second preview of the Marvel April 2006 solicitations, there is a picture of Super Skrull on the cover, he looks pretty much like his 616 counterpart. Now I thought the the aliens in the first vol of the Ultimates were supposed to be the Skrulls and they look nothing like the 616 Skrulls. What's the deal?

We've known this since last month. It's supposedly an alternate universe, so why not look the same as 616?
 

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

I'm pretty sure it's been officially stated in the solicitations that the President Thor arc takes part in an(other) alternate universe.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Re: Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

What did the Chitauri look like? All I remember is a half blown up face. I think it's pretty much just a difference of artist interpretation. I'm sure if we saw a Chitauri intact in Ultimates, he would've looked similar to a Skrull.
 
Top