Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

Rman

Just finished Episode 5. The final scene with Jane asking who the Doom Patrol is should be on the 19th. She's even wearing the same clothes she's wearing in Episode 6.

Rman

I'm currently on Titans 2x05 and noticed that it seems to pick up very shortly after 2x03 (2x04 is the Aqualad flashback). However, the timeline currently has it being a month later. I know there's an April date in Doom Patrol for Conner's escape but given there isn't much attention placed on it and it's a different Earth, I think it could be ignored. Unless there's something later on in Titans that places it there. No matter what though a month jump between 2x03 and 2x05 is illogical. Not only would it mean Gar waited a month to mention Jason being gone, but the team would have gone that whole time not noticing that he was gone. Donna also mentions that Jason might have told them about Dr. Light if they had given him the chance yesterday. With the show saying it's 3 months after the Trigon stuff, I'm sticking with it still being March.

selfishmisery

I'm currently on Titans 2x05 and noticed that it seems to pick up very shortly after 2x03 (2x04 is the Aqualad flashback). However, the timeline currently has it being a month later. I know there's an April date in Doom Patrol for Conner's escape but given there isn't much attention placed on it and it's a different Earth, I think it could be ignored. Unless there's something later on in Titans that places it there. No matter what though a month jump between 2x03 and 2x05 is illogical. Not only would it mean Gar waited a month to mention Jason being gone, but the team would have gone that whole time not noticing that he was gone. Donna also mentions that Jason might have told them about Dr. Light if they had given him the chance yesterday. With the show saying it's 3 months after the Trigon stuff, I'm sticking with it still being March.
I don't have DCU anymore right now. I'll have to watch it on my Bluray copy later on to check the timestamps.

Rman

I don't have DCU anymore right now. I'll have to watch it on my Bluray copy later on to check the timestamps.
I didn't even get DCU and figured I'd catch up on the shows once they were released to blu-ray (which I'm doing now). I'm hoping DC Universe is folded into HBO Max as I'll have it.

selfishmisery

So I've studied calendar dates for the 80s-90s time period and Googled some Gotham episode transcripts that mentioned the days of the week ("Sunday", "Monday", etc.).

When I got to the Mr Freeze episode, which is set during the second year, I realized that some of the days of the week (along with given months + the definite "Friday the 27th" later in that second year) were incapable with ANY possible year in the 80s-90s timeframe.

Some examples:
During "Year 1", around the mayoral election around the beginning of Season 2, the female mayor candidate has a flyer that reads "Tuesday, November 8th" - making that match with the year 1988.

I'm just gonna chalk up the "The day is Thursday, February 21st 2:44 pm" line as Victor Fries making the common mistake confusing a Tuesday for a Thursday. Because if it was Tuesday, well that makes it fit more in line with 1987-1992; with 1989 being Gotham's second year in the timeline with a "Tuesday, February 21st".

Plus, in "Nothing's Shocking", the date on Victoria (Mabel?) Cartwright's GCPD file gives another definite clue to the time period: 1972 - with Bullock saying that was "20 years ago". Not 15, but very close to 20 years.
Doing the math for how much time has passed since Year 0 (the year which Thomas and Martha were shot), the year for "Nothing's Shocking" is Year 4 - which is 1991.
19 years, 20 years, close enough. You don't confuse a Wednesday for a Thursday often lol.

EDIT: Reminding ya'll once again, EP Danny Cannon said last year that Pennyworth is set "20-something years" before Gotham at a convention. I'm still taking that for gospel unless stated otherwise.

selfishmisery

Also, every time Bruce is attending an "annual ball/galla" for Wayne Enterprises (which happens 3 times in Gotham); I've narrowed it down to every September 30th - based on a bunch of different factors including methods I've mentioned in the previous post.

selfishmisery

Updated with Stargirl's pilot episode.

Also missed a slight "time jump" in the pilot episode of Doom Patrol. Chief said he'd be gone for a few days, and the next scene implies that it's been at least a couple days to where the Doom Patrol realized they were all by themselves and could do whatever.

selfishmisery

Watching the second episode of Stargirl. Apparently there is Saturday school for Blue Valley High because there can't be a few day time jump.

Kinda like Shazam's weird school schedule during early December 2018, I'll just chalk it up to school schedules being different in the DC Universe.

Rman

Watching the second episode of Stargirl. Apparently there is Saturday school for Blue Valley High because there can't be a few day time jump.

Kinda like Shazam's weird school schedule during early December 2018, I'll just chalk it up to school schedules being different in the DC Universe.
Probably just a case of the production not paying attention.

selfishmisery

In Yolanda's flashback at the start of "Wildcat", there's school in July?

Oooooof. I guess it's just some really special school with weekend and summer days.

selfishmisery

StargirlDates.png

Looks like I have to bump Stargirl season 1 up a year.

Or should I not based on the 2019-2020 tag on Courtney's school tag?

selfishmisery

Looks like I have to bump Stargirl season 1 up a year.

Or should I not based on the 2019-2020 tag on Courtney's school tag?

Nevermind, it's 2019 for sure.

I'll just assume Dr. Mid Nite's 2010 death date is him spending some time in the hospital after the Christmas Eve 2009 attack before expiring over a week or two later...

selfishmisery

I still wonder if somehow the Titans/DP/Stargirl Earths will merge at some point...for right now they're probably not referencing each other or keeping uniformed continuity (i.e. Titans' Chief) too much to allow creative freedom. But the seeds of an eventual(?) unified shared universe are still there. Maybe.

You know if they were to one day, Timothy Dalton would definitely replace that other actor dude from Titans in the new timeline. :p

Last edited:

Rman

I'm sure it's just an Easter egg with Earth-2 also having its own Doom Patrol. Similar to what we saw with Earth-9. I don't see why they would merge these Earths. Especially when one is a TV-MA show and the other TV-PG.

selfishmisery

I'm hearing whispers about Lucifer season 6 tying into Sandman.

The source could be wrong, but stay tuned. Keep an eye on the news.

Pro Bot

I'm sure it's just an Easter egg with Earth-2 also having its own Doom Patrol. Similar to what we saw with Earth-9.
I don't think they will, but it's entirely possible that Doom Patrol and Titans could crossover without the multiverse. Either particular universe, Earth-9 or Earth-21, could simply have the same doubleganger, and either one could be the true universe, while the other might just be similar.

Personally, I believe that, pre-crisis, Titans and Doom Patrol were in the same universe, but post-crisis, the universes split into two, with one history going with what we see post 10 December 2019 in Titans, which hasn't happened yet, while the other is post December 10 in Doom Patrol, everything after Doom Patrol 1x15. This way they can play it off as separate realities while also making sense of the references between them. I wouldn't treat it that way officially, but it makes sense to me.

I feel it's more likely that Stargirl would crossover with the Arrowverse, although I don't think it should become apart of that "franchise" so to speak, seeing as it's a different universe and the whole point of Earth-Prime was to stop that sort of thing

Last edited:

Pro Bot

I know that HBO's Limited Series Watchmen show is a separate continuity, but I feel the need to mention it anyway, as somewhere down the line maybe a Watchmen timeline could happen on this site that includes all media, even though
Dr. Manhattan seemingly died in both Doomsday Clock and HBO
, and that's that they are once again creating a spin-off comic set in this world about Rorschach (Reggie Long or Rorschach III?) 35 years after Watchmen, meaning 1 year after the events of the HBO show, making it the latest event.
I suppose I could create a timeline if I become interested. I did create a viewing order...

selfishmisery

I know that HBO's Limited Series Watchmen show is a separate continuity, but I feel the need to mention it anyway, as somewhere down the line maybe a Watchmen timeline could happen on this site that includes all media, even though
Dr. Manhattan seemingly died in both Doomsday Clock and HBO
, and that's that they are once again creating a spin-off comic set in this world about Rorschach (Reggie Long or Rorschach III?) 35 years after Watchmen, meaning 1 year after the events of the HBO show, making it the latest event.
I suppose I could create a timeline if I become interested. I did create a viewing order...

HBO's Watchmen used the comic as a history book, but it's not necessarily set in that comic universe; from what I take from the showrunner's words.

Doomsday Clock happened already and why have another sequel that doesn't fit with it?

I look at it as Watchmen (2009) being pre-Crisis and HBO's Watchmen being post-Crisis. Post-Crisis changed it to the Squid instead of Dr. Manhatten I guess. But HBO's version is pretty much standalone.
If they wanted to, they could Angela could be the new Doctor Manhatten in a live-action Doomsday Clock adaptation

Latest posts