Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

selfishmisery

Currently on Episode 7, and I think the day time skip would work better between Episode 4 & 5 rather than 6 & 7. The events of Episode 7 fit much better a day after Episode 6. With Episode 5, I feel a full day could have easily passed since Episode 4. Given how the Manor is back to normal, we can assume they used the unseen day to clean up after the Danny party.

2x05- May 1st 2020
2x06- May 1st-2nd 2020
2x07- May 3rd 2020.

EDIT: We see the Beekeeper's daughter wearing a backpack with her mother telling her to take her Biology teacher some honey. This scene is set on a Sunday given the newspaper date. So, I'm not sure how to make this fit. I guess we could go with her teacher tutors on the weekend.

EDIT 2: The newspaper that shows the 3rd in Episode 8 is shown to be a Saturday edition. While this contradicts May 3rd, (works perfect for April 3rd) it does fit with the beekeeper's daughter going to school the day before.
I'll adjust when I get the chance. I'm visiting family right now.

Pro Bot

Well, we know how many years there are between Pennyworth and Gotham, now. Kinda lines up, actually. Bruce was born February 19, 1969 and conceived April-May 1968, if not in the first season pahaps? I don't recall.

Pennyworth = 1967-1968
Gotham = 1983-1988 (1998 epilogue)

Assuming it's Bruce and not... the Joker or something, silly Arthur Fleck...

Last edited:

selfishmisery

Well, we know how many years there are between Pennyworth and Gotham, now. Kinda lines up, actually. Bruce was born February 19, 1969 and conceived April-May 1968, if not in the first season pahaps? I don't recall.

Pennyworth = 1967-1968
Gotham = 1983-1988 (1998 epilogue)

Assuming it's Bruce and not the Joker, that Arthur Fleck...
More clickbait. (Read the creators' quotes before the headline.)

Bruno Heller said Martha would be PREGNANT. Nothing about the baby being Bruce.
Remember in Gotham when Lee got pregnant in Season 2 and everyone thought it was gonna be Barbara Gordon? He lost the baby episodes later. The same can happen for Martha.

Another reason why I don't think it's Bruce - Martha was the center of a non-consensual orgy at a Satanic cult. Bruce Wayne cannot be a product of gangrape, that's horrifically disrespectful to the character, and I can't see them doing that to him.

The Pennyworth showrunners also said they had a 5 season plan. Once again, way too early for Bruce to be born.

EDIT: Okay so Entertainment Weekly didn't even read off Bruno's quote. They basically just lied for "teh clickz".
Please, in the future, research the quotes from the creators before taking a headline as fact.

Last edited:

Pro Bot

More clickbait. (Read the creators' quotes before the headline.)

Bruno Heller said Martha would be PREGNANT. Nothing about the baby being Bruce.
Remember in Gotham when Lee got pregnant in Season 2 and everyone thought it was gonna be Barbara Gordon? He lost the baby episodes later. The same can happen for Martha.

Another reason why I don't think it's Bruce - Martha was the center of a non-consensual orgy at a Satanic cult. Bruce Wayne cannot be a product of gangrape, that's horrifically disrespectful to the character, and I can't see them doing that to him.

The Pennyworth showrunners also said they had a 5 season plan. Once again, way too early for Bruce to be born.

EDIT: Okay so Entertainment Weekly didn't even read off Bruno's quote. They basically just lied for "teh clickz".
Please, in the future, research the quotes from the creators before taking a headline as fact.
I knew they didn't specify Bruce, I just assumed it was. I assumed that the conception would have happened in the season.

Pro Bot

Last edited:

selfishmisery

Another note: Lucius Fox appears in S2. Guess he's in his 40s/50s in Gotham?
Pennyworth S2 is a year after S1.
My guess is that Lucius will be a pre-teen boy genius, teenage intern, or nearing adulthood and working for Thomas Wayne somehow.
Bruno Heller said that it would "unexpected", which could be situational or physically.

Let's say if he was born around, eh, 1950-1955, he'd be in his 30s to early 40s in Gotham. Which works, since he started to have graying hair in the series finale (where he'd be around 50).

selfishmisery

Who I think the baby will end up being

ItzStitch626

406? A.D.
????
Krypton
2x07: "Zods and Monsters” (0:07:35

Yeah like here. Where it says 7:35 I was actually putting it on that time. When it actually plays at 9 something. I didn't know I had to skip the title screen and recap. Thanks man that helps!

Pro Bot

August 23
Gotham
1x19, "Beasts of Prey"
Gotham 1x20, "Under the Knife" (0:00:00 - 0:09:59)

September 24
Gotham 1x20, "Under the Knife" (0:10:00 - 0:42:25)

August 25
Gotham
1x21, "The Anvil or the Hammer" (0:00:00 - 0:40:33)

selfishmisery

How would you feel if Gotham (and by extension Pennyworth) were integrated into the Arrowverse's continuity?

I bring this up because of the fact that they weren't acknowledged in Crisis; despite the fact that the other major DC shows from around that time were showcased (even Krypton was going to until that scene got scrapped due to Cameron Cuffe's scheduling conflict), still makes me believe it's part of one of the Earth's histories.

A few things would need to be explain or chalked up as post-Crisis changes though:
1.) Nora Fries is dead in Gotham, but alive in Elseworlds.
  • (Post-Crisis change to where she's dead more than likely if it were to fit.)
2.) Two different Cyrus Golds,
  • Easy one. The "Cyrus Gold" we see in Arrow could be Sonny Gilzean, Butch's 'nephew' who also changed his name to "Gilzean" when visiting Gotham from Star City. Him studying about Solomon Grundy might be a reference to the idea that "Sonny"/Cyrus might have found out what happened to his uncle.
3.) Ra's al Ghul.
  • That's Al-Fatih. The first Ra's mentioned in Arrow season 8. His successor, the Ra's before Matt Nable's Ra's, never killed him, but he lost access to his Lazarus Pit and needed one in Gotham via Hugo Strange. (I could get more into that, but I think this other theory explains my reasoning beyond that, minus the deterioration of the waters part.)
4.) Two different Nyssas.
  • Nyssa is a common name in the Middle East, possibly even for daughters of the Demons Head. Although I'd like to think that she became associated with the second in line of her father's successors (Matt Nable) and renamed herself to Athena. I mean, the actresses practically look alike.
Name changing is a common thing although, which happens all the time in comics and a lot already in the Arrowverse, like Jack Napier (formerly "Jeremiah Valeska"), Mabel Cartwright (formerly Victoria Cartwright, mother of Jane Doe), Pamela Isley (formerly Ivy "Pamela" Pepper), etc. Minor things like the Magpies in Gotham and Batwoman could just be like the Aunt of the latter, who inherited the recessive "shiny"/Magpie obsession from a long history of family mental issues. All things that could be easily explained away based on what's already established.

The big issue with Pennyworth though, other than the far darker and mature tone, is that the German Reich still exists but in a stalemated state in the late 60s. Legends of Tomorrow acknowledged that the JSA of Earth-1 (so pre-Crisis) went on to fight Russia's Iron Curtain in the 50s. Thus if Pennyworth would have to carry over somehow, it would need to be in a post-Crisis timeline. Another idea is that it is a side effect of Earth-X merging with Earth-1, and the Germans just had control over what they had in 1940 much longer than originally. (Sounds like a major issue for Alfred to resolve in a future season.)

I'm not integrating anything into the other timeline, just starting a fun discussion. :p

Last edited:

Pro Bot

Jack Napier (formerly "Jeremiah Valeska")
Could be the Jerome clone from S2. "Three" Jokers, after all.

I don't mind having it as Arrowverse head-canon. Gotham looks fairly similar. The batsuit from Batwoman looks like an evolution of the Gotham finale. Personally, I'd prefer a Gotham S6 comic like Smallville had.

I suppose it could fit with Titans too? Joker would fit in that world better, in my opinion. Hell, you could even say The Batman fits in that world 2002-2012, in theory.

Speaking on Pennyworth, I wonder if anyone has made a list of all the Alternate History events in the Gothamverse. Sort of like the X-Men wiki timeline rather than a time code breakdown.

Last edited:

Rman

I personally would keep it a part of its own world. I wouldn't put any show or movie into a different continuity until we get confirmation. Plus I don't really feel like Gotham fits as a part of the Arrowverse and I don't see any reason to add it in.

Latest posts