Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

Pro Bot

Nope. (And he actually said "twenty-something years before Gotham", which isn't necessarily definite.)

Plus there were no modern Mustangs in the 80s or 90s, and on a lesser note, the flip phones used in the show weren't like anything before 2002. I think Bruno Heller was just making a wild guess. I also don't think he was all that involved in the show's creative process after Season 3 from what I can tell.

Regardless, the V8 Mustang in Season 4 kills any chance of Gotham being set in the 20th Century.
Ah. thumbs up

Pro Bot

How do you write off contradictions in Gotham: Dawn of Darkness? Did Alfred lie for Bruce's benefit about his relation with his parents (How they met)?

selfishmisery

One of the promotional images for Pennyworth had Christmas lights in the background. Definitely moving that to December. But I'm unsure of the year, so it's probably better not to guess if it's 1967, 1968 or 1969.

Again, I need to read the book for the context. I don't trust the Gotham wiki too much, because a lot of false or stretched information has been added to that site occasionally.

Last edited:

Pro Bot

Welp...DC, on their own site, flat out say it's NOT a spinoff or prequel to Gotham. Straight from the horse's mouth.

I guess it's gonna be a separate timeline now. :(
Well, that was expected... I wish they connected pennyworth to at least something. I find an Alfred exclusive universe... boring. They could have connected it to the burtonverse or the nolanverse. Actually, not the burtonverse. They had 2 good movies, 1 okay movie, 1 bad movie and a terrible "spin-off" (Catwoman 2004 is canon based on a picture of Selina Kyle from Batman Returns https://www.moviemistakes.com/picture68185:().

Well, I'm still going to see Pennyworth dispite the lack of any of dc's core universe besides Alfred and the Waynes.

Nice job on Doom Patrol by the way. It looks like the "Titansverse" is starting to materialise!

Last edited:

Pro Bot

More like "????" Actually. Fair point. I am mistaken. Probably should have paid more attention then just assuming because they tentatively placed episode 1.

Latest posts