Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

Oops. It's Arkhamverse Deadshot again?

Oops. It's Arkhamverse Deadshot again?
I guess if Coleman is cast as Bruno, then maybe that specific comic story happens on Earth-Prime.

Imagine they pretend they've always been the same universe, and we just have to assume Earth-9 and Earth-21 are duplicate worlds, lol.

I do wonder what sort of multiverse event constitutes a crossover between these different universes, though.

The newspaper prop from Sandman episode 1. Noticed the date under "The Sun" reads Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
I guess 111-year old Burgess son had 20 years taken off thanks to the Ruby; so he's physically 91?
I'll adjust.
IMG_9558.jpeg

"The arcing story this season is about a civil war that is brewing, and that came from a conversation from myself and Bruno [Heller] where we were considering doing V for Vendetta, we were like "that is much a very 80's 90's kind of show, what would it be in the 60's?' What kind of world would be have to create, like in Gotham there would eventually be Batman in this there would eventually be V for Vendetta [Norsefire and V]. So we took that brewing civil war as a stepping stone." – Danny Cannon

"The V For Vendetta world conceptually — it's [like] where this world may or may not end up. What [V for Vendetta creators Alan Moore, David Lloyd and Tony Weare] did so well was to create a [Fascist] version of England that felt like England. It wasn't Nazi Germany imposed on that world. It was very much the parochial, familiar world of England transformed into something dark. That's what we've tried to do, and what [Cannon] did so brilliantly with the visuals, particularly in this season. It's England with this shadow across its face." – Bruno Heller

"One of the few stories that have been told in this kind of world is V For Vendetta [and] conceptually, this [civil war is a] prequel to V For Vendetta. God, I wouldn't hold us up against Alan Moore, but with comic books you have to find a throughline, and that's very political [for Pennyworth]." – Bruno Heller

The Guy Fawkes masks in Pennyworth were definitely intentional, heh. Pennyworth seems to be a prequel to the events of V for Vendetta on some level, probably more so like the comic than the movie. Not saying the comic is canon or anything, though it would be pretty funny if no one mentioned a freaking nuclear war (1988) happening during Gotham (1987-1992). A version of it does take place in this reality I'm sure.

Last edited:
Wikipedia is being weird and considering Pennyworth a prequel to the movie. It's listed in "related shows" to Pennyworth. However, the text at the top links to the comic.

I doubt it's a prequel to the movie, and if it were a prequel to the comic, taking it as canon like the HBO Watchmen took the original Watchmen as canon, that just makes it extremely weird that no one mentioned a nuclear war on Gotham.

"The arcing story this season is about a civil war that is brewing, and that came from a conversation from myself and Bruno [Heller] where we were considering doing V for Vendetta, we were like "that is much a very 80's 90's kind of show, what would it be in the 60's?' What kind of world would be have to create, like in Gotham there would eventually be Batman in this there would eventually be V for Vendetta [Norsefire and V]. So we took that brewing civil war as a stepping stone." – Danny Cannon

"The V For Vendetta world conceptually — it's [like] where this world may or may not end up. What [V for Vendetta creators Alan Moore, David Lloyd and Tony Weare] did so well was to create a [Fascist] version of England that felt like England. It wasn't Nazi Germany imposed on that world. It was very much the parochial, familiar world of England transformed into something dark. That's what we've tried to do, and what [Cannon] did so brilliantly with the visuals, particularly in this season. It's England with this shadow across its face." – Bruno Heller

"One of the few stories that have been told in this kind of world is V For Vendetta [and] conceptually, this [civil war is a] prequel to V For Vendetta. God, I wouldn't hold us up against Alan Moore, but with comic books you have to find a throughline, and that's very political [for Pennyworth]." – Bruno Heller

The Guy Fawkes masks in Pennyworth were definitely intentional, heh. Pennyworth seems to be a prequel to the events of V for Vendetta on some level, probably more so like the comic than the movie. Not saying the comic is canon or anything, though it would be pretty funny if no one mentioned a freaking nuclear war (1988) happening during Gotham (1987-1992). A version of it does take place in this reality I'm sure.
Wikipedia is being weird and considering Pennyworth a prequel to the movie. It's listed in "related shows" to Pennyworth. However, the text at the top links to the comic.

I doubt it's a prequel to the movie, and if it were a prequel to the comic, taking it as canon like the HBO Watchmen took the original Watchmen as canon, that just makes it extremely weird that no one mentioned a nuclear war on Gotham.
I'm just going to argue they're inspired by V for Vendetta and leave it at that.

They've also said this is set in SOME DC Universe, and V for Vendetta is clearly isn't in an Earth with superheroes.

I think it's more so that it is leading to a version of V for Vendetta, not necessarily the comic or movie canon. I don't think either really make sense logically.

V for Vendetta has always been standalone so this is a pretty strange choice.

I think it's more so that it is leading to a version of V for Vendetta, not necessarily the comic or movie canon. I don't think either really make sense logically.

V for Vendetta has always been standalone so this is a pretty strange choice.
Especially since the movie is set in the 2020s or 2030s.

The comic is set in 1997-1998 at least, but it still doesn't quite match for me. I'm taking it as a loose adaptation.

I'm an idiot for not noticing the fall weather in the first half of Pennyworth s1.
And that bank holidays do extend to All Hallow's Day (Halloween/Samhain's Day) and Christmas.

Latest posts

Back