Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

They've merged the pages.

Anyway:
Pennyworth #6 iterates that the present day takes place 40 years after the flashbacks. Based on the current timeline, that works out to about 2016.
Here is the thing that confuses me though...its primarly set at least before 1977 due to Alfred's backstory given in Gotham's 1st tie-in novel said he became the Wayne butler when Bruce had just turned 2 years old. (So Alfie became a butler AFTER 40; instead of before like his dad thought he would lmao). Other than that no year is given in the comics.

BUT taking into account how long he was in the MI3 or MI6 before then, and depending on is Shirley is Gabrielle Brument or Brument is who he hopped over to after Shirley betrayed him, that has to have spanned at least a short few months prior to February 1977.

I like the idea that Alfred might be overly attached to women he fell in love with since 1.) Esme was "the love of life" and now dead. 2.) Shirley was "really close since childhood" now a traitor. 3.) Gabrielle Brument was ALSO "the love of his life" and shot dead by a Soviet gang in 1977.

Well, I guess whoever he ended up with in the 90s and had Julia meant he found someone who stuck around lol.

In Gotham 1x01, The newspaper that states that the Waynes will be buried on Sunday also has small text stating that they were killed on Tuesday in small but visible text, meaning June 9th. There's that (inaccurate) newspaper from S5 of course that said Monday June 27th for the Wayne murder, if that's of note. If we accept that as accurate in terms of the Monday date, they probably died the day prior right? So June 7th?

In Gotham 1x01, The newspaper that states that the Waynes will be buried on Sunday also has small text stating that they were killed on Tuesday in small but visible text, meaning June 9th. There's that (inaccurate) newspaper from S5 of course that said Monday June 27th for the Wayne murder, if that's of note. If we accept that as accurate in terms of the Monday date, they probably died the day prior right? So June 7th?
That newspaper date in s5 didn't say they died on that day. News reports, especially of infamous or famous people like the Waynes, can stay in the news for weeks.

Gotham s2 episode "Pinewood" showed that the week of his murder (albeit on an inaccurate calendar) was the second week of June. BUT the 9TH was when he was going to meet Karen Jennings; so the Waynes died on the 8th.
sjglewsrpf331.jpg

The Tuesday on the newspaper was an error or they accidentally added a leap year (Feb. 29th) to the 1987 calendar lol.

They've merged the pages.
Screenshot_20220416-211108_Chrome.jpg
Thought this was a nice touch.

Missed some flashbacks.

1988?
???? ("Three or four months ago")
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:13:21 - 0:15:40)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:18:55 - 0:20:16)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:26:16 - 0:28:28)

August 23
Gotham
1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:00:00 - 0:13:20)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:15:41 - 0:18:54)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:20:17 - 0:26:15)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:28:29 - 0:40:56)

Missed some flashbacks.

1988?
???? ("Three or four months ago")
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:13:21 - 0:15:40)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:18:55 - 0:20:16)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:26:16 - 0:28:28)

August 23
Gotham
1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:00:00 - 0:13:20)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:15:41 - 0:18:54)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:20:17 - 0:26:15)
Gotham 1x19, "Beasts of Prey" (0:28:29 - 0:40:56)
Thanks.

Gotham Knights
Bruce Wayne's tombstone. I totally buy that he's actually dead, lol. As far as the show is concerned he is, I'm sure.
FQZLHkpagAM8iqj.jpeg
Is that Alfred at his funeral?
FQao_7WXMAMKgou.jpeg

Sounds like his identity is public now? Wouldn't that give Turner Hayes (Bruce's other, other, other, other adopted son) some trouble, seeing as how he's likely to be a vigilante in the show?

Harvey Dent is apparently not Two-Face in S1. With the Arrowverse, this would work fine because Harvey was only referenced as Two-Face in an alternate future. If you add Gotham into the mix... the Pennyworth tie-in mentions Two-Face among other Batman villains, meaning the show would have to take place before the comic. That would cause some issues with the 40 years thing, and Bruce is mentioned as being alive too. (Maybe Alfred is the only one who knows Bruce is alive)

Of course, Gotham Knights is a completely new continuity as far as we know.

Last edited:
Sounds like his identity is public now? Wouldn't that give Turner Hayes (Bruce's other, other, other, other adopted son) some trouble, seeing as how he's likely to be a vigilante in the show?

Harvey Dent is apparently not Two-Face in S1. With the Arrowverse, this would work fine because Harvey was only referenced as Two-Face in an alternate future. If you add Gotham into the mix... the Pennyworth tie-in mentions Two-Face among other Batman villains, meaning the show would have to take place before the comic. That would cause some issues with the 40 years thing, and Bruce is mentioned as being alive too. (Maybe Alfred is the only one who knows Bruce is alive)

Of course, Gotham Knights is a completely new continuity as far as we know.
I read a description somewhere Misha's Harvey WAS Two-Face at some point in the past but reformed and had facial reconstruction.
Like in Dark Knight Returns.

I guess he will have his downfall back to Two Face again in this.

I read a description somewhere Misha's Harvey WAS Two-Face at some point in the past but reformed and had facial reconstruction.
Like in Dark Knight Returns.

I guess he will have his downfall back to Two Face again in this.
Oooh, I briefly considered that. Carrie Kelley is in the show too, so TDKR inspiration isn't unprecedented.

90 year old Alfred outlives Bruce lmao
He'll outlive us all.

Gotham 2x02, "Mr. Freeze" takes place on Thursday, February 21st. 1989's February 21st is a Tuesday. Fries is mistaken?

I know that they Payne and Rowland are different actors, but Ruth Connell is reprising her role as the Night Nurse from Doom Patrol. New universe or Earth-21? Or perhaps is she the only version in the multiverse seeing as she seemingly resides in Hell?

Last edited:
I know that they Payne and Rowland are different actors, but Ruth Connell is reprising her role as the Night Nurse from Doom Patrol. New universe or Earth-21? Or perhaps is she the only version in the multiverse seeing as she seemingly resides in Hell?
New for now.

I know that they Payne and Rowland are different actors, but Ruth Connell is reprising her role as the Night Nurse from Doom Patrol. New universe or Earth-21? Or perhaps is she the only version in the multiverse?
I don't know, i've only seen S1, i don't have a big interest on the show

Latest posts

Back