NYCC Ultimate Universe Panel-new UFF creative team revealed, and more...

Sooo, am I the only person who thinks Carey getting into cosmic stuff in UFF is a good idea? It just seems that now that the UFF have met the Kree and Captain Marvel and encountered Gah Lak Tus, its only natural that they start looking to space and trying to figure out what's out there. If they can travel to other dimensions and alternate realities, and build time machines, its only reasonable that (with an extraterrestrial technology boost from what they learn from Mahr Vel and others) they should have the ability to do some spacefarin'. I say that as long as characters like Thanos are done originally and interestingly, they're perfectly fine.

moonmaster said:
Sooo, am I the only person who thinks Carey getting into cosmic stuff in UFF is a good idea? It just seems that now that the UFF have met the Kree and Captain Marvel and encountered Gah Lak Tus, its only natural that they start looking to space and trying to figure out what's out there. If they can travel to other dimensions and alternate realities, and build time machines, its only reasonable that (with an extraterrestrial technology boost from what they learn from Mahr Vel and others) they should have the ability to do some spacefarin'. I say that as long as characters like Thanos are done originally and interestingly, they're perfectly fine.
I can't wait until they go into the cosmic stories.

icemastertron said:
I can't wait until they go into the cosmic stories.

Me either. I love that stuff. . .so long as it doesn't get too ridicuolous (The Elders of the Universe are just a bad idea, for example).

Lynx said:
Who says he has a healing factor in the Ultimate Universe?
I would actually be alright with Deadpool not having a healing factor. I was just implying the 616 Deadpool is a great character because of his personality. The phrase "departure and complete reinvention" makes me think there are going to be some fundemental change to his character. This "reinvention" could very well mean no healing factor. If he doesn't have a healing factor I would expect him to have some other ability that complements him as a fighter. If I had to choose another ability, other than a healing factor, for him, I would go with shape shifting. In my head I picture the shape shifting to be somewhere between Morph from the Exiles and Mercury from New X-Men.

moonmaster said:
As long as Carey brings his A game, I'm all for it.

Lynx said:
Who says he has a healing factor in the Ultimate Universe?
No one and the healing factor isn't something that defines Deadpool at all. Infact I think it's just there to say hey, he's part of the marvel mythology. It's not needed and I wouldn't care if it was there or not. He should just be a hard as nails tough guy when it comes to the battles he fights, and that would be good enough.... as long as he makes a smartass comment every now and then.

I hope the changes would be done to Ultimate Deadpool will be more on his personality. There's finally someone who can be more of a smart-*** mouth-off than Spidey so I would be expected some witty banter between the two.

moonmaster said:

Not me. I've never liked Thanos and similar characters...they are just too out there. Ellis did a pretty good job with Captain Marvel and the Kree but - not to be a jerk - Carey is no Warren Ellis.

Not real optimistic that this will be good.

Do you believe I was about to ask y She-Hulk would appear in a Wolverine and HULK miniseries. lol. I'm so stupid.

Anyway, who were the people in the UFF character concepts? Were they like the Ultimate Eternals?

X2727 said:
Do you believe I was about to ask y She-Hulk would appear in a Wolverine and HULK miniseries. lol. I'm so stupid.

Anyway, who were the people in the UFF character concepts? Were they like the Ultimate Eternals?

I really didn't recognize any of them except Thanos, so I couldn't tell you.

Later, Quesada said that Marvel gets great Ultimate pitches all the time, and they have to avoid the temptation to produce more series. He compared it to the early 90's when every success was milked to death.

The irony is sickening.

icemastertron said:
Elaborate, please.

He says that the 90s ideas were milked to death, but all they've been doing is channeling the 90s for ideas ever since Bill Jemas left!

Ultimate Spider-Man #97 begins the "Ultimate Clone Saga" which runs through issue #104. While the arc will feature Kitty and Mary Jane prominently, Bendis said it will also feature versions of the Ultimate Scorpion and Ultimate Spider-Woman.

Ultimate Spider-Woman = genetic manipulation? Carnage's half-sister?

Ultimate Deadpool is a departure and complete reinvention of the "616" version, Bendis said, asking fans to open their minds to a reinterpretation of the character when he appears in Ultimate Spider-Man.

"I'll hear from you all online about it," he joked.

In other words, he knows it will suck and doesn't care....?

Asked about how Spider-Man relates to the Ultimates storyline, Bendis said that the decision was made to allow Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch to tell their story and then have Peter respond to it in regards to the new places the Ultimates characters end due to events in their own series.

I hate to be cynical, but I'd almost bet that USM makes no mention of anything whatsoever.

Finally, Bendis revealed that Ultimate Spider-Man #13 remains his favorite issue, and it really showed Marvel's support of him and of the series. He didn't think that they'd go for having an entire issue take place in one room.

Mine too. Bendis at his best.

Interesting. Don't really like the UFF team, but the preview art looks good.

And Lindelof said mutants would be appearing in #3, so I'm going for Jean or another female mutant.

UltimateE said:
More like he knows there will be others who think it will suck and won't care. Like with everything in the world.

UltimateE said:
I hate to be cynical, but I'd almost bet that USM makes no mention of anything whatsoever.
The chances are higher of NO MENTION vs A MENTION, definetly.

UltimateE said:
Ultimate Spider-Woman = genetic manipulation? Carnage's half-sister?
Ugh... *shudders*

:evil:

I think we'll get a light mention of it.

Mine too. Bendis at his best.
I don't remember what happened.

Wow. There's a lot to chew at here...

First, let me begin by saying that, while I know nothing about Thanos and the Eternals, I am really excited for Carey and Ferry coming onto the UFF. This is mostly because of my distaste for Millar's run, I'll be honest, but I also think it's really exciting that Carey is taking the UFF in yet another direction... Now that we've got so many differen things going on (Which I do happen to like about Millar's run) the Fantastic Four truly is all about adventure. Hopefully, Carey will touch bases with Namor in his run...

Bendis' stuff with USM looks great. The Annual's cover looks really cool, Morbius may look bland but I'm really looking forward to getting into him, and, best of all - we'll be getting into the Ultimate Clone Saga. I think that sounds like a great idea! There were a few things I was apprehensive about after reading (Such as Deadpool and Bendis admitting to no more Venom for a while) but I'll get over it, I'm sure... Bendis is gaining his momentum back with the title.

UXM is questionable as always. Is Vaughan available to come back to the title? Would he do that?

Can't wait for all of these. Finely, the Punisher is going to be in sometheing for more that three seconds.

Latest posts

Back