other members?

longshotjimlee said:
p.s. since when has my location been McCoy?

I had wondered what that meant.

Blame Goody. He's not here to defend himself.

UltimateE said:
I don't have Ultimates TPBs on me right now - wasn't she already on Black Ops?
I meant, after going public with the Ultimates, I don't think you CAN go back to being a secret agent type, because you're too damn recognizable.
UltimateE said:
We've known for a long time now that [Giant Man] leaves to start his own team.
Where the hell was this? I don't remember reading this anywhere...

jtg3885 said:
Where the hell was this? I don't remember reading this anywhere...

Millar himself said it in a few different interviews...

I believe he leaves and starts his own superhero team in his basement. Captain Britain will be leading the British Ultimates team so I don't think he will be on it. Thor and Beast are a possibility though. Maybe they'll be the Defenders type team that drives to battles in a taxi and moans about real superheroes?

longshotjimlee said:
I think it's rather simple.

Steve Rogers is a mutant.

I reckon the serum that turned Bruce into the Hulk is the same serum as turned Steve into Captain America.

It's just the way that the serum effected the X-gene that produced the result.

and the reason why it has failed in the past with others is that they were human with no x-gene.

anybody want to tell me to shut the f*** up? :wink:

that was my theory back in the Captain America's wacky enhancements topic..

Well, why don't they go and discuss Captain America's mutation there. I'd rather talk about other possible members. I remember reading an interview saying that Swordsman and Mantis? would never be part of the Ultimates. Just letting you know...

Wasp??? (Ultimate Yes but i don't know about 616)
Binary/Warbird/Ms Marvel

Plus (and this is a guess based on somethign i read somewhere but don't remember)
Justice and/or Firestar??

longshotjimlee said:
I reckon the serum that turned Bruce into the Hulk is the same serum as turned Steve into Captain America.

The serum Banner took is an inexact replica that he created himself. He couldn't crack the Cap serum.

I reckon that they have got the serum but it is not working the same way as it did with Steve. remembe Truth? All those black soldiers took it but only a few had enhancements and then only one survived and he had some real physical and mental defects.

The missing part of the process for finding the super soldier serum is Steve's individual DNA and unless they clone him, they will never find it.

Hold on...

Ultimate Clone Saga anyone?

PLease no!!!! :cry:

longshotjimlee said:
Hold on...

Ultimate Clone Saga anyone?

PLease no!!!! :cry:

*Baaaaaaaaaarf*

The others just being sketches, i kind of wanted to see them Ultimized simply to see how they'd be done. The only one i'd really defend is Doc Samson.

The Hulk took down the guy Capt America was having a problem with, and then took down a fleet of Chitaur'i ships. No matter -what- happens to banner, Fury isn't going to just sit back and take that great of a loss to the team. SHIELD is always trying to get more power, and if Banner is executed, they're going to try to reproduce the Hulk serum. They have all of banner's work, and they know that the way to make him nigh-invincible is to pop in Steve Roger's DNA. I'd bet they'd test around with this, possibly at a separate Base (perhaps when the F4 go public, Ross will be forced to move to this project, bringing him back to his roots). Samson is the sucessful version of the Hulk, but i think it would be great if they created some other monsters while testing the serum, like Abomination. Hulk almost took town the whole team, i wonder how they would fare against three or four?

And with War Machine, I'd bet that by streamlining the irontech, taking out some of the less necessary abilities, they'd be able to manage a fleet of 10 - 20, which would be plenty. It'd be bigger, bulkier, less colorful, less agile, but they'd just put more guns on it than stuff like the sonic alarm Tony used to make the Hulk vomit. It's not likely but i do think its possible.

The Captain America/US Agent stuff doesnt make sense, but i wouldnt doubt if there was some attempts at a second and third captain in the 50s and 60s (Korean and Vietnam wars), who didnt exactly work out. Personally i just like the old design of USAgent, the one that looked like Captain america with black instead of blue, no head wings, and a star on his head instead of an A. Its a bad reason, but that suggestion came out of some sketches in my Spanish 4 notebook

I do want to see if Falcon joins, i hope he survives the Ultimate Conspiracy Trilogy at least.

Also, in regards to the mutation thing, I am one of those who believe the Kree helped develop the superhuman serum, and that's why its impossible for banner to crack. I hope they aren't mutants, that'd be a bit cheap.

There better not EVER be an Ultimate Hercules. He was a Thor rip off with just superstrength and no personality

Caduceus said:
Plus (and this is a guess based on somethign i read somewhere but don't remember)
Justice and/or Firestar??

Would this be the same Firestar that was created in the 80's series of "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends? Who's real name is Angelica Jones? This Firestar? :?

Firestar is a mutant who possesses the superhuman ability to project microwave energy, which she can utilize in different ways. Microwaves are comparatively short waves of electromagnetic energy. Firestar continually absorbs microwave energy from her environment, including microwave energy from the stars, and continually broadcasts it at low levels.

In order to use her microwave energy for specific purposes, Firestar must mentally concentrate, thus causing the microwaves to swirl about her body, creating a visible aura around her. In order to project the microwave energy towards a specific target, she must mentally "push" some of the energy swirling around her towards that target.

At present Firestar is still in the process of learning how to use her powers. Moreover, she is still quite young, and the strength of her powers will surely increase as she reaches adulthood. Hence, the full extent of Firestar's powers has yet to be determined.

Firestar can use her microwave energy to generate intense heat. At this point she can already melt a metal object the size of a cannon almost instantly. She has flown towards a thick wall of solid rock and melted through it so quickly that she could continue flying right through the hole she had melted without pausing.

By mentally "pushing" microwave energy behind or beneath herself for propulsion, Firestar can fly. Her maximum speed has yet to be established, but she can already fly quite swiftly and maneuver in flight quite well. She can generate enough propulsive force to carry considerable weights to great heights at high speed. For example, she has carried Colossus, in his metal-like form, which weighs 500 pounds, high into the air.

Although microwave energy can be lethal to ordinary humans, Firestar is apparently immune to its harmful effects.

Latest posts

Back