Ourchair, Frustrated Hollywood Producer

With Cloverfield hitting theaters in the next week, I figured now is a good time to re-post the Namor movie pitch people said was too high concept for its own good.

ourchair said:
A Namor film would be awesome, but not in the way you'd think. Ask me how!
Ice said:
Really? How! :D
ourchair said:
Imagine something in the vein of every Dean Devlin/Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow) with the requisite ostentatiousness of a Jerry Bruckheimer (The Island, The Rock) production.

United States. Present day, present time. All signs point to disaster to come: Floods, typhoons and other catastrophic meteorological phenomena.

There is panic on the airwaves as every self-styled doomsday prophet and ecological wingnut uses the media to declare that these times are portents of humanity's just reward for not taking care of the planet.

The United Nations, the Pentagon and every other global watchdog institution you can think of is trying to make sense of it all, to come up with solutions and strategies to forestall the apparent doom that hounds human civilization.

Imagine shots of defense consultants before their tactical displays, scientific pundits aiming to get their theories heard.

And just when things seem like they cannot get any more dire, creatures of myth and legend arise from the oceans: Sea serpents, and mermen warriors and amphibious machinery march into the great capitals of the world.

One man leads them all: an ocean warlord by the name of Namor. Namor declares that the irresponsible era of mankind is over.

The people of Atlantis have come back to take back the right to determine the existence of Planet Earth.

Namor the movie is the ultimate disaster flick. But it shall not be told from the eyes of the common people, or from the view of stern commanders, or the thoughts of the prophets and scientists who knew that Doom Was To Come.

It would be told from the eyes of the villain.

It would be told from the eyes of the conqueror.

Still awesome but were the first two quotes necessary?
Sorry, I merely cut and paste the code from the original post in the Sub-Mariner movie thread. (Which itself was cut and paste from some Fantastic Four movie thread.)

Still, I can't get enough of two-line exchanges that go, "Ask me how!" "How?"

Sorry, I merely cut and paste the code from the original post in the Sub-Mariner movie thread. (Which itself was cut and paste from some Fantastic Four movie thread.)

Still, I can't get enough of two-line exchanges that go, "Ask me how!" "How?"

I figured, I was just joshing you.:D

I really want to post something new in here, but I have about four ideas right now that I won't put until they're absolutely perfect.

The next one will for sure, have at least six main characters in it and will be like Galaxy Quest but not in the way you expect.

I'd be done sooner if I wasn't trying to maintain a freelancer's income while looking for a regular job.

After spending the better part of the 19th century sneaking up on bad guys while hiding in cardboard boxes and being a total bad-*** while doing so, a grizzled European intelligence operative has retired to pursue his one true dream: To become a world-class food critic.

Yet at the dawn of the 20th century, when Western society is on the edge of a new frontier... the globalized frontier... the very fabric of culinary arts is about to change. Technologies of mass production and refrigeration are redefining the nature of shelf-life, and accelerated levels of trade are breathing new flavors into food.

Now, just when Seasoned Snake thought he had left one brave new world for another, a rogue research facility - AGNMT, or Advanced Glutanamic Neuro Mechanical Technology - has isolated a protein that could destabilize the politics of cuisine around the world... or worse.

Seasoned's been called back for one... last... mission: Break into the AGNMT facility and uncover the true potential of AGNMT's new protein, and what they plan to do with it.

With bleeding edge graphics, insanely long cut-scenes and a nonsensical moral existential monologue for an ending... this is famed videogame designer Hideo Kojima's latest action-thriller. Get ready for:

MONO SODIUM GLUTAMATE:
Flavors of Liberty

Last edited:
After spending the better part of the 19th century sneaking up on bad guys while hiding in cardboard boxes and being a total bad-*** while doing so, a grizzled European intelligence operative has retired to pursue his one true dream: To become a world-class food critic.

Yet at the dawn of the 20th century, when Western society is on the edge of a new frontier... the globalized frontier... the very fabric of culinary arts is about to change. Technologies of mass production and refrigeration are redefining the nature of shelf-life, and accelerated levels of trade are breathing new flavors into food.

Now, just when Seasoned Snake thought he had left one brave new world for another, a rogue research facility - AGNMT, or Advanced Glutanamic Neuro Mechanical Technology - has isolated a protein that could destabilize the politics of cuisine around the world... or worse.

Seasoned's been called back for one... last... mission: Break into the AGNMT facility and uncover the true potential of AGNMT's new protein, and what they plan to do with it.

With bleeding edge graphics, insanely long cut-scenes and a nonsensical moral existential monologue for an ending... this is famed videogame designer Hideo Kojima's latest action-thriller. Get ready for:

MONO SODIUM GLUTAMATE:
Flavors of Liberty

Eh!!

MONO SODIUM GLUTAMATE:
Flavors of Liberty

Hmm.... tell you what; option it as a comedy with Ben Stiller in the lead and I'll see if I can get Chris Walken on the phone to play some sort of revered French cooking guru or something.

Yeah. That didn't really do it for me.
It wasn't much of a pitch, nor was it actually commercially viable in ANY way. I just got high on caffeine while I was on the bus and decided to post it here because I didn't want to create a new thread called, "Ourchair, ****ed Up Videogame Designer"

Zombipanda said:
But I just read your Forceworks pitch, and that's AWESOME!
It totally is.

thee great one said:
Chris Walken on the phone to play some sort of revered French cooking guru or something.
AWESOME.

*Michael Bay blows something up*

Latest posts

Back