Pet-Peeve Thread 4: More peeve than you can handle.

My own personal responsibility pisses me off. I went to the show today and bought a hot dog and I put it on my arm rest but it fell off and I had to throw it away.

Most people would've went back to the counter and explained what happened and they probably would've gotten a new hot dog for free. But since it was my fault, I just did without the hot dog.

I would have done the same thing.

My own personal responsibility pisses me off. I went to the show today and bought a hot dog and I put it on my arm rest but it fell off and I had to throw it away.

Most people would've went back to the counter and explained what happened and they probably would've gotten a new hot dog for free. But since it was my fault, I just did without the hot dog.

what about the Five-second rule? You should have picked it up fast and ate it.

what about the Five-second rule? You should have picked it up fast and ate it.

I would've ate it, except the hot dog rolled out of the bun and onto the floor.

Freaking gas, man. I went to the show today and gas was $3.85. When I got out it was $3.99.

Also, Subway $5 footlong deal is over.

I'm the same way.

I don't like to complain.
:lol: never mind I read it wrong.

I read it as
This implies that you find nothing strange about apparently leaving home to shower somewhere else. I'm assuming you shower at the YMCA?...

It is? I've saw commercials all day about how they're going to make $5 footlongs on the menu permanently but only for certain sandwiches.

Yeah, it's permanent for, like, 6-8 different sandwiches, none of which were my beloved turkey sub, despite such similar subs as Cold Cut sub and Roasted Chicken sub still being cheap.

I ordered a footlong turkey sub today and the (foreign) guy told me they weren't $5 anymore and I was like, "Oh, okay" and he just looked at me and was like "Do you still want it?" and I said yes, and he just kept looking at me, then pointed to the sign and said "Only those are $5 now, the sale ended on Sunday" and I was like "Okay."

Then he questioned my ingredients (only cheese and mayo) and kept asking if I was sure I wanted anything else.

What is with people not wanting to serve me what I ordered? This dude, the Chinese chick in Philadelphia ("Chicken is very hot!"). . .

Yeah, it's permanent for, like, 6-8 different sandwiches, none of which were my beloved turkey sub, despite such similar subs as Cold Cut sub and Roasted Chicken sub still being cheap.

I ordered a footlong turkey sub today and the (foreign) guy told me they weren't $5 anymore and I was like, "Oh, okay" and he just looked at me and was like "Do you still want it?" and I said yes, and he just kept looking at me, then pointed to the sign and said "Only those are $5 now, the sale ended on Sunday" and I was like "Okay."

Then he questioned my ingredients (only cheese and mayo) and kept asking if I was sure I wanted anything else.

What is with people not wanting to serve me what I ordered? This dude, the Chinese chick in Philadelphia ("Chicken is very hot!"). . .

Chicken can be very hot. She potentially saved your life dude. Dude, your life was in her hands and she saved it.

I know what you mean though. I ordered an extra egg roll with my meal and I didn't get it. The thing that sucked is it was delivery so i didn't know until the guy was long gone.

Unpopular Peeve but when has that stopped me before?

Peeve = Rotten tomatoes. I hate how some people (sorry to anyone on here that does this but ..) quote Rotten tomatoes ratings as fact or like everything that site says is correct. It's like some people say "well Rotten tomatoes says it sucks"

The site does not deserve half the credit it gets. Example (I'll use one I hate one I kinda like)

according to the site Superman Returns (hate) and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (kinda like) are both better movies than 300 . SR by 17% and T3 by 10%. Can anyone look me in the eye and say 300 is worse than Superman Returns or Terminator 3?

So I guess my peeve is more using them as defence than the site it's self since the site has done nothing really wrong. I just wish more people would make up their own damn minds about stuff. E.g One person actually said to me at work today he wouldn't see a movie based on their opinion and I replied "You wanted to see it before though. Go see it and judge for yourself"

Rotten Tomatos serves a purpose, but anybody who uses other people's opinions to defend their own is out of their mind.

I had a Video Guide some years back that gave both The Big Lebowski and Fight Club 0 stars out of 5.

RottenTomatoes is usually a pretty good way of telling if a movie's worth seeing. It underrates things often, but I can only think of a few times where it's made me not want to see a movie I was otherwise excited for.

What it's best for, though, is pointing out the quality of sleepers I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Latest posts

Back