Pieces for Mom (Image)

Willverine

I don't know if anyone else has picked up this book. I found it at my LCS on Sunday, just by chance. I'm pretty sure it's a one-shot. If you're a fan of the zombie books, it's killer.

In the story, zombies have overrun the world. The main character is a boy around 10-12 years old named Mike. He and his brother Derek live in an apartment with their mother, who is a zombie. She is bound to a chair in a separate room. She turned after being bitten while escaping a gun battle with some other scavengers. Their father disappeared after the incident.

Mike and Derek take turns making runs for supplies, and finding fresh zombie kills to take home for mom, or the bodies of scavengers they end up fighting along the way.

On one such run, Mike drives through an unfamiliar neighborhood and sees a suburban home surrounded with chain link, razor wire and mounted guns to take out any zombies or scavengers that get too close. A girl around his age is skipping rope in the yard. He starts thinking how good that must be, smiling the whole time, until the mom and dad come out into the yard to join her. The man turns out to be Mike's father, who abandoned his family for this one.

Mike feels hurt and caps the daughter in the knees, then shoots the mother and blows up the mounted guns. His father tries to explain, but Mike's having none of that.

The story ends with Mike serving up various body parts to his mother, with his father's head serving as the "cherry on top" to that visceral sundae.

Pretty good story, if you like zombies and gore as I do. Pick it up if you get the chance.

5/5

I don't know if anyone else has picked up this book. I found it at my LCS on Sunday, just by chance. I'm pretty sure it's a one-shot. If you're a fan of the zombie books, it's killer.

In the story, zombies have overrun the world. The main character is a boy around 10-12 years old named Mike. He and his brother Derek live in an apartment with their mother, who is a zombie. She is bound to a chair in a separate room. She turned after being bitten while escaping a gun battle with some other scavengers. Their father disappeared after the incident.

Mike and Derek take turns making runs for supplies, and finding fresh zombie kills to take home for mom, or the bodies of scavengers they end up fighting along the way.

On one such run, Mike drives through an unfamiliar neighborhood and sees a suburban home surrounded with chain link, razor wire and mounted guns to take out any zombies or scavengers that get too close. A girl around his age is skipping rope in the yard. He starts thinking how good that must be, smiling the whole time, until the mom and dad come out into the yard to join her. The man turns out to be Mike's father, who abandoned his family for this one.

Mike feels hurt and caps the daughter in the knees, then shoots the mother and blows up the mounted guns. His father tries to explain, but Mike's having none of that.

The story ends with Mike serving up various body parts to his mother, with his father's head serving as the "cherry on top" to that visceral sundae.

Pretty good story, if you like zombies and gore as I do. Pick it up if you get the chance.

5/5

I love zombies and everything zombie-related. I will defiently be checking this out.

Latest posts

Back