Pirates Of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest?

• Total voters
Re: Pirates Of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Victor Von Doom said:
There are 2 types of opinions in thios world. Those who agree with me.....and those who are dead.
Those who don't agree with you and aren't dead? Gotcha. :wink:

Still Orlando Bloom is good in the films I have actually seen him at all (LOTR and POTC). Not great or fantastic or anything really really great, but good. Depp is awesome. This movie is worth it alone with just Depp. And Knigthley. :drooling:

Ice said:
Those who don't agree with you and aren't dead? Gotcha. :wink:

They just don't know it yet. If you see the dawn of the day....it is because I allow it.

Ice said:
Still Orlando Bloom is good in the films I have actually seen him at all (LOTR and POTC). Not great or fantastic or anything really really great, but good. Depp is awesome. This movie is worth it alone with just Depp. And Knigthley. :drooling:

The only thing he's done that I dug him in was LOTR. Kingdom of Heaven was just ok. Oh yeah...and he was alright in Black Hawk Down too.

Depp is an awesome actor. But I just don't like him. He only has a handful of roles that I only liked: Edward Scissorhands, Donnie Brasco, Once Upon A Time in Mexico, and Fear/Loathing in Las Vegas.

But just because I don't like him doesn't mean I can't respect his work.

Vic, did you see Blow? I thought it was one of his best roles. I haven't seen a lot of his catalog admittedly, but I saw Blow and thought it was one of the best drug movies I have seen, even if I later found out some of the details were wrong.

Keira Knightley was in my favorite film of 2005.

And no, it's not The Jacket or Domino.

*waits for the "GAY!" post*

YOu liked the remake of Pride and Prejudice?!?!

Ugh!

BBC Miniseries with Colin Firth is the ONLY way to go.

Dr.Strangefate said:
YOu liked the remake of Pride and Prejudice?!?!

Ugh!

BBC Miniseries with Colin Firth is the ONLY way to go.

I know the BBC one is better, but I haven't gotten to see it yet.

Back on Topic,

I just bought The Curse of the Black Pearl DVD and I'm gonna watch it before I see Part 2.

Last edited:

It's finally official! Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones (duh!), whom Johnny Depp based his performance off of, will cameo in Pirates 3 as Jack Sparrow's dad!

Maddox's site is going to be awesome on that day.

Yep, he's hilarious as well. I really need to read their books.

Saw this last night. I really liked it, but I felt that it was too rushed in the begginng, also I thought the first first one was funnier. That being said, Davy Jones' crew looked awesome, so did the Krakken (what you can see of it anyway), and the ending was a real shocker. :shock:

Iceshadow said:
Saw this last night. I really liked it, but I felt that it was too rushed in the begginng, also I thought the first first one was funnier. That being said, Davy Jones' crew looked awesome, so did the Krakken (what you can see of it anyway), and the ending was a real shocker. :shock:

My opinion was it was only slightly off from the first one. . .which meant it was still one helleva movie considering I absolutley love the first one. The first half sort of dragged, but itpicked up big time during the second half. The love triangle was a BIG shocker and the ending I actually got out of my seat and clapped. I was blown away at the ending, but you'd probably have to be a big fan of the first film, otherwise you're just going to go "Wait. . .HUH!?"

Definetly my pick for best movie of the summer, though.

Saw it with the family tonight.

I loved every single minute of this movie. It was perfect.:) :D

And not only that, it fixed the only problem I had with the first one...

*BIG SPOILER*
I thought it was too sad that Barbosa never got to take a bite of of that apple in the first one. The ending of this one almost brought a tear to my eye.

And the audience I saw it with was incredible. When Jack first popped onto the screen, the whole place applauded and cheered.

The 7:00 show was sold out. We saw the 7:30 show, which ended up selling out too. When we were leaving, the line up for the next showings was out the door, and when we were walking home there was a crowd of at least 50 people all dressed as pirates, singing pirate chanties.

I'm so excited about the next one, and so glad they didn't wrap up the story because Davy Jones is too awesome a villain to take out of the picture in just one movie. With the possible exception of V for Vendetta, this is the best movie I've seen this year.

Oh, and by the way...

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
Lessthan_Greaterthan_symbol.gif
Superman Returns.

Planet-man said:
And the audience I saw it with was incredible. When Jack first popped onto the screen, the whole place applauded and cheered.

The 7:00 show was sold out. We saw the 7:30 show, which ended up selling out too. When we were leaving, the line up for the next showings was out the door, and when we were walking home there was a crowd of at least 50 people all dressed as pirates, singing pirate chanties.
Yeah, some kids started to cheer when Jack appeared, but the rest of the theater told them to shut up.:lol:
I only got to see one cosplayer though, so consider yourself lucky.

I really liked how
cold Elisabeth was when she hancuffed Jack to the ship

Well, that was enjoyable. A little sillier than I wanted, but still very fun.

I was going to go see the 4pm but the ticket girl told us that it was too full and we'd be sitting at the front seats. Screw that. It even sold out a few minutes later. The showing I was in, 10:45, was sold out too. And I saw people dressed as pirates all day. That was actualy a little creepy. I knew some of them. They're creepy to start with.

I was going to go see it last night, but all showings were sold out! Every showing that day sold out, so they decided to have a midnight showing, which I wasn't motivated to go to. I try and see it on Sunday.

Latest posts

Back