PSP Go

I'm not as against digital movies and games as I am against digital comics.

But I like having copies on disc that I can loan people or take somewhere else. I'm sure you can move machines and stuff around. Maybe I am just against change.

My biggest fear is if your whatever crashes and you lose everything compared to maybe ruining one disk.

I think in the case of the PSP you are allowed to install a downloaded game on up to 5 devices.

Well, the reason I am against digital content is this: when the service dies, your games die. With discs, that is not a problem.

And if you are worried about them getting scratched, or lost... well, there is a very simple concept called TAKING CARE OF YOUR CRAP that you need to take into consideration.

Well, the reason I am against digital content is this: when the service dies, your games die. With discs, that is not a problem.

Only if it relies on a service to function. Once you download a full game it's yours.

And what about WOW or other games like that which do come on disc and die once the service is terminated?

Only if it relies on a service to function. Once you download a full game it's yours.

Okay, but what if you lose the files? Like you forget to back up your files? Good bye $50.

And what about WOW or other games like that which do come on disc and die once the service is terminated?

*cough*freeplayerrunservers*cough*

And even then, MMOs do not make up the vast majority of games out there, so that is not really that valid of an argument.

Last edited:
Okay, but what if you lose the files? Like you forget to back up your files? Good bye $50.

OK, buuuuut....what if you lose the game disc? Or what if it breaks, as happend to my son last week with one of his games which was lost behind his toy box and broke in half? Same problem.

I don't get what the point of this is. It's 50 dollars more expensive and seems to have less features than a standard PSP. What's the advantage? Is it a size thing?

I don't get what the point of this is. It's 50 dollars more expensive and seems to have less features than a standard PSP. What's the advantage? Is it a size thing?

I think it's part that and part "get the latest and greatest" hype. We compared it to the iPhone in that regard earlier. It does seem like things are moving in that direction (all downloadable content) but this doesn't do enough to a) innovate or b) make it worthwhile for upgraders to make it worth it.

Another thing to keep in mind as to why downloaded content is better than removable media. 2 actually: 1) no moving parts needed (unlike the PSP; this doesn't apply to the DS) means the devices can be lighter and are MUCH less likely to break or wear out and 2) without those moving pieces costs will eventually come down further and probably faster.

Has anyone heard sales numbers for the PSP Go? I saw the Japan numbers but it was only for the first day and the numbers weren't great but I think it was a holiday there or something. I've looked for US numbers and can't find them.

I talked to my son about it and he thinks it's cool and likes the idea of not having to carry a bunch of discs around. We're selling the old PSP and games but I just can't pull the trigger until it comes down in price.

Haha, after all the ****-giving, E's still going to get one.

You sap.

I *said* I was going to get one from the start. My only complaint was with the absurdly high price.

It's Official, The PSPgo Is Dead

Sad. Sony completely screwed up with this. I'm kind of fascinated with the life of this thing and what it could have been versus what is was. Sony had the chance to be the game changer and they totally dropped the ball.

Latest posts

Back