Return of the Multiverse

No, you misunderstood me. I'm fine with the Multiverse, so long as there's a "prime" universe where all of the stories take place, but other universes exist for the prime universe characters to visit.

Like how in UFF we see the Zombieverse, the N-Zone and Thanos' universe, but there aren't whole comic lines dedicated to them.

This is how I pretty much feel as well.

This is how I pretty much feel as well.

Me too. I don't think many people will feel differently.

And I really wouldn't be worried about the books taking place in different universes. Wildstorm gets their own universe, the DCU gets their own universe, and Vertigo hypothetically gets a universe very similar but not exactly the same as the DCU.

Other than that, I don't think we have to worry about DCU titles actually taking place primarily in other dimensions. So what are we worried about?

Me too. I don't think many people will feel differently.

And I really wouldn't be worried about the books taking place in different universes. Wildstorm gets their own universe, the DCU gets their own universe, and Vertigo hypothetically gets a universe very similar but not exactly the same as the DCU.

Other than that, I don't think we have to worry about DCU titles actually taking place primarily in other dimensions. So what are we worried about?

If they are going to make something in the other universes they will do a new series, they wouldn't get an already estabilished character and move him.

If they are going to make something in the other universes they will do a new series, they wouldn't get an already estabilished character and move him.

And if they do decide to do that, I don't see the problem. It wouldn't be any different than having the Wildstorm universe, or the Vertigo universe.

Edit: Although, they did move Captain Atom over to the Wildstorm U for a while.

Last edited:
Seriously? You're serious?

Because I really like what DC's been doing in the past year or so. I think they're establishing a damn fine direction for their universe.

I've got no problem with a new multiverse forming as long as there's a blueprint. If there's a set criteria of rules that define the multiverse, then I say have at it.

Yes, I do, it's not producing good stories, instead they are merely rehashing silver age stories, and frankly, I'm getting annoyed. While 52 is a nice creative concept, and I doubt it will have a definite ending in any way shape or form, just a luanching pad for other comics.

Houde's just angry because he doesn't like the silver age nostalgia stuff that's going on.

Right in one

We also compared penises, and mine was way bigger, so he's probably still grumpy about that.

Dude, your a freaking panda, how can any human compare to a panda.

Lynx said:
No, you misunderstood me. I'm fine with the Multiverse, so long as there's a "prime" universe where all of the stories take place, but other universes exist for the prime universe characters to visit.

Like how in UFF we see the Zombieverse, the N-Zone and Thanos' universe, but there aren't whole comic lines dedicated to them.
I agree with Lynx.

I agree with this too. I would hate if, like, Superman took place on one Earth, Birds of Prey took place on another and, like, Blue Beetle took place on another yet.
To be fair, I would think that there's nothing inherently wrong with different heroes in different universes and thus not affecting each other, but that would significantly change the way things are written because then Superman and Beetle and the Birds would be the only superheroes of their world... which would be interesting but then DC would cease to be a 'universe of heroes'.

I know that you all thought I was dead...but don't despair. That was simply Earth II Wade_Wilson. I am the orriginal Earth I version.

Didn't you guys read the convuluted and confusing---I mean classic story "The Wade Wilson's on two worlds"?

I forgot all about this thread!

Yes, I do, it's not producing good stories, instead they are merely rehashing silver age stories, and frankly, I'm getting annoyed. While 52 is a nice creative concept, and I doubt it will have a definite ending in any way shape or form, just a luanching pad for other comics.

I'm curious to see some examples, because I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Yes, 52 will be a launching pad for other comics, but that's what it's supposed to be. It's basically DC handing the post-Crisis Universe over to their All-Star writers and saying, "Here. Build a blueprint for the DCU. Rebuild our universe with your best ideas so all the writers and readers know the basic rules." But even so, we'll get conclusions to the stories within the book. I don't see what the problem is. In fact, I think it's a pretty innovative concept, and it will hopefully help ease some of the transitional problems that made the original Crisis a half-hearted success.

Other than that, I see a lot of Silver Age aspects in stories (primarily in Superman and Batman right now), but I also see a lot of innovation. I feel like there's always going to be some level of nostalgia in books by the big name publishers. I'm just curious about what exactly you have a problem with.

UltimateHoude said:
Dude, your a freaking panda, how can any human compare to a panda.

It's true! You know what they say... Once you go panda, you've never had grander. Also... Once you go panda, human seems blander.

There's a reason why we're refusing to breed. We're so occupied rocking the worlds of your human females that we don't have time for the panda ho's.

Welp, looks like the multiverse will be using the Authority/Planetary Bleed as its buffer, instead of the frequency thing.

Welp, looks like the multiverse will be using the Authority/Planetary Bleed as its buffer, instead of the frequency thing.

As little as I know about the frequency thing, that seems like the ideal way to do it.

As little as I know about the frequency thing, that seems like the ideal way to do it.

Well, originally, it was explained that the universes were divided because each universe had a unique vibrational frequency. That's why the Flashes were the first to find the other universes.

The Bleed, and the Snowflake in my opinion, makes a bit more sense. It also makes interuniversal transport a bit more realistic than a treadmill.

Latest posts

Back