Robert Kirkman answers questions about his upcoming Ultimate X-Men run

Will you be having mentions of Grand Theft America in your run, since supposedly, the X-Men got taken down by the enemy?

Hi-Fi said:
I'm kinda worried with this Rogue-Gambit thing. She could keep his powers but please not his personality!

I'm personally hoping that Kirkman explains or theorizes that Rogue isn't the same person anymore. She should have changed and not only in the physical sense but also her psyche. She has an older man, a man twice her age living inside her mind that should skew her out look on everything. I'd like to see him explore that more.

Rogue should have some characteristics of Gambit (powers mainly) but there should only be a deviation of influence on her mind. In how she deals with situations and others. Personally, I think she should look at Bobby as an immature little boy rather than a love interest.

Whether we get that or not will be ultimately up to Kirkman.

Cheers,
gina

WolviesWife said:
I'm personally hoping that Kirkman explains or theorizes that Rogue isn't the same person anymore. She should have changed and not only in the physical sense but also her psyche. She has an older man, a man twice her age living inside her mind that should skew her out look on everything. I'd like to see him explore that more.

Rogue should have some characteristics of Gambit (powers mainly) but there should only be a deviation of influence on her mind. In how she deals with situations and others. Personally, I think she should look at Bobby as an immature little boy rather than a love interest.

Whether we get that or not will be ultimately up to Kirkman.

Cheers,
gina
Althought I don't agree with Gambit dominating more aspects than just powers and possible memories, I would love to see Rogue blowing off Bobby as an immature punk.

Could you please ask (or rather suggest) if there's an upcoming explanation who beast talked to before he died?

I think Kirkman made the mistake of writing Rogue's reappearance as so nonchalant and off the wall. She walked out on the team and just walked back in... Bad form. There should be resentment towards her. Ask him if he'll develope her character into a villain or actual rogue of sorts... That we can build off of. Not her new sexual desires.

Also, what's up with all these characters popping up out of nowhere? There a reason for it?

Goodwill said:
I think Kirkman made the mistake of writing Rogue's reappearance as so nonchalant and off the wall. She walked out on the team and just walked back in... Bad form. There should be resentment towards her. Ask him if he'll develope her character into a villain or actual rogue of sorts... That we can build off of. Not her new sexual desires.

Also, what's up with all these characters popping up out of nowhere? There a reason for it?

I'm with Goodwill on this one. I think there has been a little bit of sloppiness in regards to the writing thus far. Yet this could be due to the Vaughan/Kirkman hand off. This was evident when Bendis traded off to Vaughan. I don't think most of these guys are writing with as much passion as they could. Heck, I seen much better penmanship in our own Fan Fiction forums on this site.

Kirkman appears to be invoking Movieverse Rogue upon us now. I think it was rather silly for Vaughan to even start the whole Bobby/Rogue thing from the get go but then again that's laziness for any writer to attempt. This is a mistake and they should be clever enough to create their own world with her. I think Storm reeks of Movieverse Rogue all the way and while I prefer the characterization of Storm here Vaughan should have created a unique Storm in his run.

Kirkman has the power to make these characters his own during his run but from the previews of the upcoming storylines it really is looking to be "filler" until Bryan comes on board. I'm still going to hold out some hope on this and wish for the better.

Who knows? Maybe these premise on future books aren't always what they seem ...

Latest posts

Back