Scary Movie 4!

My friends and I saw this the other night, we wanted to see Thank You for Smoking, but because Lubbock is such a hick town it wasn't playing. My advice is don't waste your time. The Shaq/Dr. Phil scene was funny, and so was a scene with Anthony Anderson and some other dude fighting off a group of refugees they thought were zombies. Leslie Nielson gives a decent performance, but most of the jokes you can see coming a mile away, and there isn't much of a plot. See at you're own risk.

Meh.

As spoof movie go, 2.5/5

I saw this as part of a double program (That's when I pay to see one movie and then sneak into another one for free afterward).

I didn't like Scary 1 and didn't see 2&3. This had some moments. I laughed quite a bit a the 'Detroit' gag when Brenda shows the news Reel.

The director is the same guy who did airplane, isn't it?

Last edited:
Scary Movie 1 is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but I never got around to seeing 2 or 3.

This one was okay, but it would been a lot funnier if a) they hadn't shown so many jokes in the trailers, and b) if some of the sight gags were directed better.

The Million Dollar Baby scene was hysterical, as was the U.N. scene. Some of the random one-liners also had me in stiches.

I'd give it 6.5/10.

E.Vi.L. said:
The director is the same guy who did airplane, isn't it?

Yep, also responsible for The Kentucky Fried Movie, which blows all of the Scary Movies out of the water. How the mighty have fallen.

DIrishB said:
Not at all, but the passes were free (my girlfriend won them on the radio last week) so we went and saw it on Thursday night...and it sucked. Hard. Really glad I didn't spend money on it, but I still want that hour and a half of my life back.
I didnt spend any money either. My dad bought a bootleg. :D

Iceshadow said:
Yep, also responsible for The Kentucky Fried Movie, which blows all of the Scary Movies out of the water. How the mighty have fallen.

I don't know if spoof movies are just not as funny as they used to be or if I'm just getting old.

I caught the end of Naked Gun recently and didn't find it as funny as I remembered.

I have to fish out a copy of Top Secret.

Latest posts

Back