SDCC 07: Ultimate Universe Panel Report

I have faith in Loeb and Bendis. I think the Ultimate Origins mini-series will be an interesting turn (hopefully) and it's good to see that there is a universal direction being carried on afterwards with Loeb's Ultimatum. I'm interesed to see where this will be taken - I would imagine it has a lot to do with Magneto seeing as how he'll be in USM, Ultimates 3, and we'll probably see a bit of him in UXM with all of this...

The only part I don't like is that it interferes with Kirkman's run on UXM. Why? And will he return afterwards? What's the deal with that?

No. Crossovers are bad.

Bad crossovers.

I would be excited if Loeb's Wolverine didn't suck so much. It's just horrible, It made me doubt everything Loeb does (and I actually kinda liked him). It's not even a matter of taste, it's just horrible. I don't want to read anything by him ever again... When Ultimates 3 comes out I will only see the pretty pictures.

I hope they don't make a ultimate werewolf race to put into Ult. Wolvie origin.

Re: Ultimatum

This was announced at the UU panel.

It'll be a six-part mini-series that will take place in the pages of UXM and UFF for three months. What this means is still anyone's guess, though.

Loeb said that he doesn't want the UU to become the 616 universe and that this will be an attempt at a story that can't and won't ever be done in the flagship universe.

Is this going to be like that Vision thing Marvel did, where they put like three pages in different books, and you need to collect all the books for the whole story.

It's going to be the actual issue... It'll be told in the pages of UXM #94-96 and UFF #?? (I don't bother keeping up with that title's numbers). Back and forth for three months.

It's going to be the actual issue... It'll be told in the pages of UXM #94-96 and UFF #?? (I don't bother keeping up with that title's numbers). Back and forth for three months.

I don't get it. It's an actual issue, but it going to be in the pages of UXM and UFF. I'm so confused.

Part One will be an issue of UXM

Part Two will be an issue of UFF

and so forth.

It won't be a back issue. It will take up the entire issue.

So, it is going to be like the Ultimate Vision thing.....

Part one was in USM

Part two was in UXM

Part three was in UFF

Part four was in USM

Part five was in USM

Part six was in UFF

Part one was in USM

Part two was in UXM

Part three was in UFF

Part four was in USM

Part five was in USM

Part six was in UFF

Yes, but the entire issue is the story. Not a back-up.

And it's only between UXM and UFF.

He just told you it wasn't like the Ultimate Vision thing! The Ultimate Vision thing were only back ups! This crossover will take up the entire issue!

It's involving the Fantastic Four and X-Men, that's why they're putting the crossover in both of their issues. Full 22 pages worth of stories.

Is this going to be like that Vision thing Marvel did, where they put like three pages in different books, and you need to collect all the books for the whole story.

I don't get it. It's an actual issue, but it going to be in the pages of UXM and UFF. I'm so confused.

Part One will be an issue of UXM

Part Two will be an issue of UFF

and so forth.

It won't be a back issue. It will take up the entire issue.

He just told you it wasn't like the Ultimate Vision thing! The Ultimate Vision thing were only back ups! This crossover will take up the entire issue!

So, they going to put the issue on hold during the time it taking place, just for this story.

You are not a very quickminded person, are you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ultimatum sounds to me like it was meant to be a mini, but by placing it in the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men it might help to boost sales… I've heard a lot of people have lost interest in these two titles and are no longer buy them.

Ultimatum sounds to me like it was meant to be a mini, but by placing it in the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men it might help to boost sales… I've heard a lot of people have lost interest in these two titles and are no longer buy them.

That seems to be the theory, but if this board is any example (and it is. . . of something), Ultimate X-Men is the best Ultimate comic right now, and Ultimate Fantastic Four is also received extremely well when Pasqual Ferry is drawing it anyway.

That seems to be the theory, but if this board is any example (and it is. . . of something), Ultimate X-Men is the best Ultimate comic right now, and Ultimate Fantastic Four is also received extremely well when Pasqual Ferry is drawing it anyway.

Yeah, I agree. I haven't seen the sales lately but UXM definitely is the best right now. Ferry's art is perfect for UFF, but how long is he staying on?

Latest posts

Back