Should I get Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker?

Is Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker worth $60?

• Total voters
LOVED Wind Waker. It's my favorite Zelda game.

I was also drawn to the cel-shading look and it looks fantastic through the whole game. There's no way I could use words to describe it; you have to see it to appreciate how well it works.

I'd be hard pressed to spend that much for it, but I bought it when it came out for $50 US and thought it was worth it....

I only have one Wii-mote and I want to get more

Get Wii-play it comes with remote and you'll get another multiplayer game. Also if you want Mario Party for Wii get it this week. An advert was just on tv saying till dec 9th mario party is only £19.99 at gamestation!

The only solo games I really enjoyed were HULK: ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION and GUITAR HERO

Isn't guitar hero multiplayer?

LOVED Wind Waker. It's my favorite Zelda game.

I was also drawn to the cel-shading look and it looks fantastic through the whole game. There's no way I could use words to describe it; you have to see it to appreciate how well it works.

I agree. Beautiful game.

Get Wii-play it comes with remote and you'll get another multiplayer game. Also if you want Mario Party for Wii get it this week. An advert was just on tv saying till dec 9th mario party is only £19.99 at gamestation!

Isn't guitar hero multiplayer?

GUITAR HERO is multiplayer, but I enjoy playing it on my own every day is my point.

I'll pick up MARIO PARTY for that price probably. Also - I can't find WII-PLAY anywhere for the same reasons I can't find a Wii-mote. :(

I liked Wind Waker, but I liked Phantom Hourglass much more. Of course, there hasnt been a Zelda game that I didnt like, but Wind Waker wasn't one of my favs like Phantom Hourglass.

Wind Waker is excellent. Beautiful animation, great gameplay, and a wonderfully original story. It can be a little too easy and the sailing is indeed boring, but I enjoyed how the sailing portions gave you a feel for how big the world of the game was. There's something very exciting about sailing along in your boat and seeing some island materialize in the distance and having no idea what you'll find there.
$60NZ is equal to $45.70US.
Ah. I was going to say that $60 seemed a bit ridiculous. If it's only $45 US then I'd say go for it. It's one of the best games for the Gamecube.

I think I'm pretty much determined to buy the game at this price, but I'm conflicted because I have to buy a $25 controller and $25 memory card just to play the game, and that's without the costs for posting and packaging... bah.

I think I'm pretty much determined to buy the game at this price, but I'm conflicted because I have to buy a $25 controller and $25 memory card just to play the game, and that's without the costs for posting and packaging... bah.

But you might end up buying the controlpad anyway as it words on SSB which is the way I know I'll playing it

But you might end up buying the controlpad anyway as it words on SSB which is the way I know I'll playing it

Yeah, I'll definitely be using the Gamecube controller for Virtual Console games and SSBB.

Wind Waker is excellent. Beautiful animation, great gameplay, and a wonderfully original story. It can be a little too easy and the sailing is indeed boring, but I enjoyed how the sailing portions gave you a feel for how big the world of the game was. There's something very exciting about sailing along in your boat and seeing some island materialize in the distance and having no idea what you'll find there.

Yes. I love that - and the music too! It's genuinely exhilarating and terrifying when it starts raining with howling winds and there's an ominous island in the distance...

Yeah, I'll definitely be using the Gamecube controller for Virtual Console games and SSBB.

The virtual console games don't all use the gamecube controller, I think. Best to check first in the Wii shopping channel.

Also - see if there are other Gamecube games you'll like so that you can take full advantage of the memory card.

The virtual console games don't all use the gamecube controller, I think. Best to check first in the Wii shopping channel.

I don't know of any that *require* the Gamecube controller.

Proj do you have the Wavebird? That's probably my favorite controller ever made.

The gamecube controller can be used for any game. Except only for some for the Turbo system.

Any controller isn't required, really, as you can use any of the three (Classic, Wii, GC), but the Wii is only for a system or two.

Proj do you have the Wavebird? That's probably my favorite controller ever made.

No. As I said before, the Gamecube basically disappeared here, and so did everything else associated with it. Wavebirds seem to be going for $80NZ which is a bit too much for what I'd need it for right now.

I just bought Wind Waker, a Gamecube controller and a memory card. :)

Latest posts

Back