Sonic Lost world!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
[video=youtube;D-sIkDWfccU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sIkDWfccU[/video]

"We wanted to create an all-new design for 3D Sonic games with Sonic: Lost World," producer Takashi Iizuka told me via e-mail. "Ever since the first day of development, we were focused on creating new and unique levels to best fit this new style."

More critically, it appears as though Sonic Team has realized that many of the core ideas from games like Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors can co-exist. 2D and 3D don't have to be isolated so long as they're incorporated in the proper manner. They can coexist in whatever state Sonic Team wants, allowing for levels that are 2D and 3D hybrids to varying degrees. Speed can also not only be about tunnel-based obstacle avoidance, but the crazier, twistier constructs that first appeared in the Sonic Adventure series. All of this can work together. It's a remarkably simple realization for the series, but all indications seem to be that it works marvelously, particularly now that Sonic's controls have been adjusted to accommodate those ideas.

"Exhilarating and dynamic speed can sometimes conflict with [intuitive] controls, so we're constantly trying to improve the balance between the two," Iizuka said, noting that improving control in this game was "of the utmost importance" to the team. Two key ideas were born of this focus – being able to control Sonic's speed, and a 'Parkour system' that allows players to automatically accommodate basic obstacles when he's running.

This game looks great! the last 2 sonic games "generations" and "colours" were both very good so I'm looking forward to this. Wiiu version = day 1 buy. It's great seeing sonic return to form in recent years. Not sure if anyone here will buy it or not i'm excited.

[video=youtube;v7nweiUGh-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7nweiUGh-g&html5=1[/video]

This looks so good! I can't wait.

Latest posts

Back