Spider-Man Spider-man Manga

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Hi
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but what are the titles of the Spider-man Manga tpb's?
I love Spider-man and I love Manga the two together sounds perfect. I look on amazon typing in Spider-man manga but go no items same for ebay (both uk versions)
also is there x-men and hulk mangas too?

I don't know the titles of the Spider-Man mangas, but look on www.samruby.com or www.spider-fan.org for information about them.

Marvel had something called the Marvel Mangaverse which showed most of the Marvel characters as Manga. I don't know much more than that, I've only read one trade of it.

I remember being showed a picture of the Hulk as a Godzilla-sized monster.

I didn't get it, but I think it was Spider Man: Legend of the Spider Clan. He was a ninja in training or something, and his Sensei Ben was killed. Venom and Daredevil feature heavily in it.

As for the X Men, I read that Marvel Mangaverse one shot, and they're basically mutants mixed with magic. The Hulk also featured in that, he was a giant monster unleashed by Dormammu. I won't spoil it for you, but it was unbelievably crap.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I didn't get it, but I think it was Spider Man: Legend of the Spider Clan. He was a ninja in training or something, and his Sensei Ben was killed. Venom and Daredevil feature heavily in it.

As for the X Men, I read that Marvel Mangaverse one shot, and they're basically mutants mixed with magic. The Hulk also featured in that, he was a giant monster unleashed by Dormammu. I won't spoil it for you, but it was unbelievably crap.

Yes, it was crap, only because first and foremost, Ben Dunn is a hack. The man has Zero writing skill, and why they allowed him to write this stuff is beyond me.

I like it...

I have the first two volumes of the Marvel Mangaverse and I really like them. Especially what they did with Doom.

I thought much of the mangaverse was crap. The kind of crap you find in your underpants that makes you think, "How did that peanut butter get down there?"

Which is too bad, because I thought that although the ideas were fundamentally goofy, there was a lot of potential fun and cleverness to be had there: Cloak is literally the cloak of Dr. Strange, the Avengers pilot vehicles that "Assemble" into a giant Iron Avenger mecha, the Hulk is really just a giant monster in the style of Gamera and Godzilla.

Give it ten years, and there'll be some interesting Ultimate-style takes on those concepts. In fact, I'll bet compound can come up with some good Ultimatizations of those ideas right now.

Latest posts

Back