Spider-Man Trilogy - Timeline

Well, the lines of what are the MCU Multiverse are blurred because of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. I'm sure Selfishmisery shares my sentiment... but I guess it would be since it's an alternate timeline to Earth-120703.

It's weird though, because it diverges after the first film but it's also different before, as seen with Ben's death in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

So, should all events in Earth-120703 be part of Earth-[TASM Video Games] that take place prior to The Amazing Spider-Man (Video Game)? I believe they also referenced a comic book that took place after The Amazing Spider-Man in one of the games as well, but I don't remember which or the context.

The "MCU Multiverse" is just a smaller pocket of the Marvel Multiverse anyway. I focus on the latter with these things to keep it simple.

Would you be so kind to share it?
Spider-Man 1 Playing Order
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Basic Training [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Search for Justice [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Warehouse Hunt [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Birth of a Hero [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Crime Spree [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: The Craddle Will Fail [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Volture Descends [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Oscorp's Gambit [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Bonus Level 1 [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: The Subway Station [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Chase Trough the Sewer [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Showdown With Shocker [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Volture's Lair [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Volture Escapes [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Air Duel With Volture [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Dock Work [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: From Stem to Stem [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Kraven the Hunter [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Corraled [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Scorpion's Rampage [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Run Shocker Run [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Next Stop, Hostages! [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Shakedown [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Unity Day Festival [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: A Goblin is Born [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Bonus Level 2 [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Coup D'Etat [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: The Offer [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Race Against Time [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Kraven's Test [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: The Mighty Hunter [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Chinatown Underground [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Scorpion Sting [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Carnival of Terror [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Hunting the Hunter [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: The Razor's Edge [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Bonus Level 3 [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Breaking and Entering [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Chemical Chaos [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Oscorp's Ultimate Weapon [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Escape From Oscorp [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Mary Jane Kidnapped [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Take It to the Bridge [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Goblin Showdown [Game Boy Advance]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Face Off at the Bridge [Xbox]
Spider-Man: The Movie Game: Conclusion [Xbox]

Well, the lines of what are the MCU Multiverse are blurred because of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. I'm sure Selfishmisery shares my sentiment... but I guess it would be since it's an alternate timeline to Earth-120703.

It's weird though, because it diverges after the first film but it's also different before, as seen with Ben's death in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

So, should all events in Earth-120703 be part of Earth-[TASM Video Games] that take place prior to The Amazing Spider-Man (Video Game)? I believe they also referenced a comic book that took place after The Amazing Spider-Man in one of the games as well, but I don't remember which or the context.

The "MCU Multiverse" is just a smaller pocket of the Marvel Multiverse anyway. I focus on the latter with these things to keep it simple.
The Amezing Spider-Man 2, in the Costume selection, while you examine the First movie suit. It will say, that It was detroyed in a turbine a reference to the infinity comic.

I also played as a kid lots of Spider-Man Tie-In games. After reading this timeline yesterday I am replaying literally right now Spider-Man Friend or Foe for Nintendo DS. It is not so fun and complex as I remembered it to be, but I don't regret it.

I also remember that in the Amazing Spider-Man 1 video game Connors is in a mental hospital instead of in jail, but maybe he was moved after the postcredit scene in this universe?

Oh, and I don't know if that is acknowledged in a reality number or in a TRN, but I bought the iOS version of the The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game and the plot was different enough (at least for me) to be considered an alternate version of the universe of the console version.

Oh, and I don't know if that is acknowledged in a reality number or in a TRN, but I bought the iOS version of the The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game and the plot was different enough (at least for me) to be considered an alternate version of the universe of the console version.
For sure. It had Venom instead of Carnage.

You know what? I loved all the tie-in Spider-Man games as a kid, so, as this is the closest to a chance to talk about them that I got I am going to pour all my knowledge about their versions that I got over the years.

-The PSP doesn't have a version of the Spider-Man: The Movie video game, but the PSP version of Spider-Man 2 apparently is different and apart from Doc Ock, all of the villains are recycled from the PS2 version of Spider-Man: The Movie, that have broke out of jail, so, maybe that is a timeline that diverges after the first game.

For sure. It had Venom instead of Carnage.
-Yes, and he is good. Eddie Brock is a journalist that is investigating secret Oscorp projects and helping Spider-Man. Apparently Peter's parents were creating the venom suit (as in the ultimate comics and the console version of the game) when they disappeared. After a few meetings with Spider-Man, suddenly Venom appears out of nowhere to fight Spider-Man and when is defeated it is revealed that Eddie came in contact with the symbiote and it possessed him, forcing him to fight Spider-Man, and Eddie dies because of the battle wounds, making Spider-Man swear that he will avenge him.

-The Spider-Man Friend or Foe game includes Black Cat in (I think) all versions. That confused me a lot as a kid, since she didn't appear in the movies, just in the games, so possibly the FoF Earth is a variant of the video game tie-ins Earth (that is in turn a variant of the trilogy Earth). Also the Blade of the games seems to be a variant of the Earth-26320 version of him.

-The Marvel Database used to have the tie-in games of the trilogy as alternate, non-canon version of the events, so if you for example checked the page for the Morbius in the Spider-Man 3 video game, it said that he is from Earth-96283 but non-canon. Now it has been given a TRN. I my opinion if an adaptation is enough different to have a character fate altered (being death or alive, but different depending of the medium) then it should be given an alternate universe number.

Last edited:
I played the DS and console versions of Friend or Foe. From memory, they didn't appear to be too different and could be part of the same continuity, but I'm unsure.

Spider-Man 2 had a PC version that was different, and I'm pretty sure Spider-Man 3 had another version that wasn't on main consoles too with different stories.

So, Earth-71002 has a variant of Blade (Earth-26320) (possibly?), and Earth-760207 has a variant of Kingpin (Earth-701306), and Earth-[Spider-Man 1-3 Video Games] has a completely different version of Kingpin, and that Earth has its own divergent timeline? I wonder if Earth-121347's (Ghost Rider Duology) Blade is a variant of the Earth-26320 version as well, further adding to this multiversal cluster of movies/games.

I played the DS and console versions of Friend or Foe. From memory, they didn't appear to be too different and could be part of the same continuity, but I'm unsure.
I mean, they are not so different in this case, but technically every version is slightly contradicting with the others, for example the cutscene after defeating Venom has the exact same dialogue, but in the PSP version the characters are in an underwater city of some shorts in the Mediterranean Sea and the DS version they are in Paris catacombs.
Also, there are characters that only appear in different versions but they are pretty much interchangeable, just: Spider-Man defeats a villain, frees them from the mind control and they joins him, who was the villain doesn't change the outcome.

Last edited:
Do you think you'll ever include the SM3 Editor's Cut? I personally count that one as canon since I feel it's closer to the original vision for the film. Also, do you think you'll be adding Peter's voice-overs?

Spider-Man 2 had a PC version that was different, and I'm pretty sure Spider-Man 3 had another version that wasn't on main consoles too with different stories.

So, Earth-71002 has a variant of Blade (Earth-26320) (possibly?), and Earth-760207 has a variant of Kingpin (Earth-701306), and Earth-[Spider-Man 1-3 Video Games] has a completely different version of Kingpin, and that Earth has its own divergent timeline? I wonder if Earth-121347's (Ghost Rider Duology) Blade is a variant of the Earth-26320 version as well, further adding to this multiversal cluster of movies/games.
I mean, if you want to see them as within the same cluster of the multiverse (live-action mainly) then I guess?

Are the Novelizations in their own Universe too? Or are they Part of the Movie Earth?
There is also the Junior Movie Novelization, of which I talk in the previous page of the thread. I have the Junior Novelizations of 1 and 2. The Junior Novelization 2 is actually a collection of in-universe Daily Bugle Articles, which is very cool, because it actually gives dates to the scenes of the movie, but I just ruled it non-canon since the incident were Octavius gets his mechanical arms, the famous scene of the car thrown in the glass and the final battle are slightly different. However given the fact that ProBot doesn't seem to consider the small differences between the Friend or Foe versions enough to consider them alternate universes, then I would argue that he could ignore the even smaller differences between the movie and the Junior Novel and consider it canon, or at least a very close alternate universe (maybe non-worthy of a timeline because of how similar it is).

There is also the Junior Movie Novelization, of which I talk in the previous page of the thread. I have the Junior Novelizations of 1 and 2. The Junior Novelization 2 is actually a collection of in-universe Daily Bugle Articles, which is very cool, because it actually gives dates to the scenes of the movie, but I just ruled it non-canon since the incident were Octavius gets his mechanical arms, the famous scene of the car thrown in the glass and the final battle are slightly different. However given the fact that ProBot doesn't seem to consider the small differences between the Friend or Foe versions enough to consider them alternate universes, then I would argue that he could ignore the even smaller differences between the movie and the Junior Novel and consider it canon, or at least a very close alternate universe (maybe non-worthy of a timeline because of how similar it is).
Wait wait wait, I consider them all different universes, even the alternate versions of the games. It's just a bit excessive to list all of them so I'm sticking to the main realities. If you guys wanna make a timeline of those then be my guest, I'll gladly add more to the Raimi Spider-Man Multiverse.

The garbage man in Spider-Man 2 is actually a homeless Namor with pointy ears in the Spider-Man 2 novelization. This is obviously not the case in the film. Jack Murdock is also alive in the Spider-Man novelization, and he got his ass beat by bonesaw.

Wait wait wait, I consider them all different universes, even the alternate versions of the games. It's just a bit excessive to list all of them so I'm sticking to the main realities. If you guys wanna make a timeline of those then be my guest, I'll gladly add more to the Raimi Spider-Man Multiverse.
OK, seems that I misunderstood you.

September
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
1x01, "Heroes & Villains"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x02, "Royal Scam" (early in the semester)

December
1x03, "Law of the Jungle" (1 year anniversary of Osborn's death)
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x04, "The Sword of Shikata"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x05, "Keeping Secrets" (Holidays are around the corner)
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x06, "Tight Squeeze" (Continuity Error: Not third quarter of the year)
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x07, "Head Over Heels" (Continuity Error: there's a Fall newspaper)
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x08, "The Party" (There's a 2003 gravestone)

????
1x09, "Flash Memory"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x10, "Spider-Man Dis-Sabled"
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x11, "When Sparks Fly" (Continuity Error: CD is dated November 7)

June
1x12, "Mind Games, Part One" (Continuity Error: There's a 2003 gravestone in a hallucination)
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series 1x13, "Mind Games, Part Two" (Six months after 1x06)

That's probably the best way to fit in Spider-Man: The New Animated Series without breaking intended order with 1x03. I think that's for the best.

Latest posts

Back