Star Trek: Discovery (News and Discussion)

wyokid

Well I'll be, DIrishB and I were just talking about this
[video=youtube;4dxe_ugmIVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM[/video]

Why does it look like a new timeline?

Wait, this is going to be on Netflix? I may actually watch it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I just meant the look of the technology. It's absolutely not supposed to be a new timeline.

Not quite on Netflix, but it is

Star Trek: Discovery is set to premiere with a "special preview broadcast" on CBS in "fall" 2017, with that pilot and all subsequent first-run episodes to then be streamed weekly in the United States on CBS All Access.[62][42] CBS Studios International licensed the series to Bell Media for broadcast in Canada, and to Netflix for another 188 countries. For Canada, the premiere will be broadcast on the CTV network on the same night as the U.S. premiere, with subsequent episodes initially aired on Bell's science fiction cable channels—Space in English, Z in French—before being streamed on CraveTV. For the other countries, Netflix will release each episode of the series for streaming within 24 hours of its U.S. debut. This agreement also saw Bell and Netflix acquire all previous Star Trek series to stream in their entirety.[28]

I like it. And before anyone is outraged by new Klingons, their new look will be explained in the show (there was a rumor that trailer kind of confirms, that this is
ancient Klingons
). And if not, we always can pretend it's side effects of trying to cure Augment virus thingy that made their heads smooth.

Oh, the trailer I watched said it was a Netflix production (the one you posted was unavailable for me). But I guess that makes sense.

I like it. And before anyone is outraged by new Klingons, their new look will be explained in the show (there was a rumor that trailer kind of confirms, that this is
ancient Klingons
). And if not, we always can pretend it's side effects of trying to cure Augment virus thingy that made their heads smooth.

Cool.

Oh, the trailer I watched said it was a Netflix production (the one you posted was unavailable for me). But I guess that makes sense.

Technically it is a Netflix production since they essentially fronted almost entire production cost for the right to air it in those 188 other countries.

Latest posts

Back