The All About Radio Thread

I listen to the radio all the time. I got about an hour drive to work and I listen to my iPod all day at work. Here in Dallas the radio scene is really good. Afternoon drive when I'm headed to work I usually listen to Russ Martin. He's on a talk station that is really good. ESPN also has a really good station here. Galloway the afternoon drive really good also. All the Maverick games are on it. We also have the best country station in the country. It's outlaw/Americana type stuff. It's independently owned and is ran how I wish all music stations were. And we also have NPR. You can rarely go wrong with NPR. You got Car Talk, This American Life, Morning Edition, All Things Considered, A Prairie Home Companion, The BBC, News Hour with Jim Lehrer, Studio 360, Selected Shorts, Travel with Rick Steves, and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

When it comes to my radio listening I'm a much older person that my actual years.

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is awesome. Since I got Sirius in my car I always forgot to listen to it, though, and now my work hours changed so I can't.

Today I picked up the Boombox for the Sirius Stiletto...it's so much better than the Executive Dock for the S50, and less than half the price.

The Executive Dock wouldn't run on batteries and had no aux input....the Stiletto Boombox has both. Sounds great too.

I've been listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage (Sirius 25) almost exclusively lately. It's like my favorite radio station ever. It's got a great mix of songs, old and new, popular and obscure. There are a few songs I think they play too much, but I like the mix.

I've been listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage (Sirius 25) almost exclusively lately. It's like my favorite radio station ever. It's got a great mix of songs, old and new, popular and obscure. There are a few songs I think they play too much, but I like the mix.

I listen to 24 a lot but there is no question that 25 is the best station for the exact reason you said. The only station with a wider variety is Super Shuffle, and they play a lot of crap (80s).

I caught Little Steven's show a few times on a regular station around here and loved it. It is the way all radio should be.

Also for about a year now I've been listening to Coast to Coast AM. It is probably that coolest radio show out there. Either of you listen?

I caught Little Steven's show a few times on a regular station around here and loved it. It is the way all radio should be.

Also for about a year now I've been listening to Coast to Coast AM. It is probably that coolest radio show out there. Either of you listen?

I haven't heard of it. What is it?

Coast to Coast AM rocks when they get into the paranormal and unexplained stuff, but is boring when it gets political or topical.

It's the show Art Bell used to host, but now he only does one day on the weekend.

My favorite sports radio show, Boers and Bernstein, is broadcasting live from the bar directly across teh street from my house tomorrow, but I have to be at work the entirity of their show!

Oh, what cruel fate!

I had to drop Sirius after my subscription ran out because I'm still trying to catch up after missing two months of work at the end of last year, so I've been listening to terrestrial radio for a few months now.

Anyway, far be it from me to argue against the superiority of Chicago's classic rock stations, because they really are the best in the world, but I have heard freakin' Teach Your Children every single day for a week now. I like the song, but come on. Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young and every possible variation of that group has a hundred hits. Would it kill you to play some Wooden Ships every now and then? I haven't heard Suite: Judy Blue Eyes in years!

In Atlanta, there is either Bon Jovi or AC/DC playing on at least one station at any given time. Atlanta radio is terrible.

I listen to my college and public radio shows, but most of the time it's all about the music phone.

Democracy Now is what's up.

Last edited:
I like downloading old XFM/BBC shows, which consist of various formations of Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Karl Pilkington, Russell Brand, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost talking about rubbish. They're hilarious.

Latest posts

Back