The CBS/NBC Extended Universe Timeline (JAG/NCIS Franchise/First Monday/Hawaii Five-0 reboot/MacGyver reboot/Magnum PI reboot/Scorpion)

UPDATE AS OF 9/20/22:

I have no idea how I missed this...but Magnum P.I. has been renewed! Only...it's on NBC instead of CBS -- though, CBS is reportedly going to continue to finance and produce the show.

I still consider the show to be linked to the canon I've covered here and, by all accounts, it will be once the show restarts. The bad news is I don't think that we're going to see Magnum cross over with NCIS Hawaii unless NBC is willing to send viewers to CBS to watch that show. And looking at the current roster of NBC shows, I don't see Magnum crossing over with anything NBC currently has to offer. Shows like Law & Order or the Chicago shows just aren't on the same wavelength and nothing else fits outside of those.

But...at least Magnum is coming back, so there's that.

Anyhow, work continues on the timeline. It's gonna be awhile until it's all finished. Could take me a couple years at this rate. Hang tight.

Do you have any plans for Law and Order, Chicago and FBI universe? There's a few other series that go along with these. Like: Homicide, New York Undercover, Conviction, In Plain Sight and Jo.

Do you have any plans for Law and Order, Chicago and FBI universe? There's a few other series that go along with these. Like: Homicide, New York Undercover, Conviction, In Plain Sight and Jo.

I thought about the Chicago and FBI...but the shows are so dull to me. :) BTW...I am still updating this timeline but life is getting in the way. I will eventually come back to it.

Still here and updating. Life is getting in the way a bit. Will continue to update when I have the time. Added the names of the first ten eps of the 5th season of Magnum which still technically takes place in the same universe even though I don't think we will EVER see an inter-network crossover with NCIS...but, who knows? NBC and CBS are co-producing it, so you never know...

here is the site as promised.https://tonyblews.co.uk/the-jagverse/

I love it. The only thing is that the original Mac and Magnum aren't really tied to the "universe". They're just what came before. There's a separate Magnum universe that DID link to Murder She Wrote and Simon and Simon. I have always wanted to do that universe...but I probably will never have time. :)

I love it. The only thing is that the original Mac and Magnum aren't really tied to the "universe". They're just what came before. There's a separate Magnum universe that DID link to Murder She Wrote and Simon and Simon. I have always wanted to do that universe...but I probably will never have time. :)
After I admit that I would like a reboot of the other series or a mini series. it would be amazing in the JAGverse universe. I'm French, I have to wait for the Vf versions, it's very long. I'm so happy to be able to watch your passion on this Universe.

After I admit that I would like a reboot of the other series or a mini series. it would be amazing in the JAGverse universe. I'm French, I have to wait for the Vf versions, it's very long. I'm so happy to be able to watch your passion on this Universe.

It's hard work! I actually found the first episode of First Monday, which is hard to find. The show is nowhere to be found online.

C'est un travail difficile! En fait, j'ai trouvé le premier épisode de First Monday, qui est difficile à trouver. L'émission est introuvable en ligne.
Quantum Leap va avoir un croisement avec Magnum. ils vont se rendre compte comme avant que l'ancienne série n'ait un crossover juste que la scène a été supprimée.

Quantum Leap va avoir un croisement avec Magnum. ils vont se rendre compte comme avant que l'ancienne série n'ait un crossover juste que la scène a été supprimée.

That would be something...but I can't see that happening. I would smile if it did since the reboots, while having nothing to do with Don Bellisario (beyond inspiration), saw their originals produced by him.

Ce serait quelque chose... mais je ne vois pas cela se produire. Je sourirais si c'était le cas puisque les redémarrages, tout en n'ayant rien à voir avec Don Bellisario (au-delà de l'inspiration), ont vu leurs originaux produits par lui.
ce n'est pas un régénérateur. C'est une suite qui se déroule 30 ans plus tard. J'ai appris que celui de 1980 avait une scène avec Magnum. alors comme ils sont ratés et que le studio NBC aimerait le faire

ce n'est pas un régénérateur. C'est une suite qui se déroule 30 ans plus tard. J'ai appris que celui de 1980 avait une scène avec Magnum. alors comme ils sont ratés et que le studio NBC aimerait le faire

Yeah, the studio had wanted to do at one point. The thing about crossovers is that you have to somehow further the plot of both shows a bit. I can't see how Magnum would want to dip into the sci-fi world after having 5 years of pure crime show vibes.

Ouais, le studio avait voulu faire à un moment donné. La chose à propos des croisements est que vous devez en quelque sorte approfondir un peu l'intrigue des deux émissions. Je ne vois pas comment Magnum voudrait plonger dans le monde de la science-fiction après avoir passé 5 ans dans des émissions policières pures.
none and very good answer. I'm wondering.

Yeah, the studio had wanted to do at one point. The thing about crossovers is that you have to somehow further the plot of both shows a bit. I can't see how Magnum would want to dip into the sci-fi world after having 5 years of pure crime show vibes.
The production of Code Quantum had planned a crossover with another Donald P. Bellisario series, Magnum, with Scott Bakula as Thomas Magnum. The actor even filmed a sequence never broadcast.

Donald Bellisario is one of the most prolific producers and creators of American television. Like a certain Dick Wolf, we owe him a host of cult series. These include Magnum (1980-1988), Supercopter (1984-1987), Quantum Code (1989-1993), JAG (1995-2005) and spin-off series and NCIS: Special Investigations (since 2003) which itself gave birth at NCIS: Los Angeles (since 2009), NCIS: New Orleans (2014-2021), NCIS: Hawaiʻi (since 2021) and NCIS: Sydney (202

In the United States, when it is not about easter eggs, it is customary to make crossovers between series from the same channel or from the same creator. In 1993, fans of Code Quantum and Magnum almost got a crossover between the two serie

Sam Beckett as Thomas Magn
In the Quantum Code series (Quantum Leap), Dr. Samuel Beckett (Scott Bakula) finds himself traveling through time after a scientific experiment. He "jumps" into other people's bodies in order to fix past mistakes

During the production of the fourth season, Donald Bellisario and NBC had an idea. Ending the season with Sam Beckett jumping into the shoes of Thomas Magnum. The idea was to teaser a crossover episode with the detective series Magnum, which made Tom Selleck a world star. This episode would have been the first of the fifth seaso

NBC had even publicly announced the start of a crossover between the two series. However, although the last episode of the fourth season of Code Quantum did not require the presence of Tom Selleck, the comedian did not seem interested in shooting the crossover episode of the fifth season. The actor's publicist had even denied having received a proposal and NBC confided: 'We hope. It's pending. We don't have an answer

Ultimately, the crossover didn't see the light of day, but Scott Bakula did shoot unaired footage — seen below — as Thomas Magnu

A secret link with Magnu
Long before this crossover idea, the Code Quantum series shared a "secret" connection with Magnum

In the pilot episode of "Quantum Leap", Sam Beckett mentions that his sister is married to a man named Jim Bonnick. This is a direct reference to the Magnum series in which Jeff MacKay plays Captain Mac Reynolds / Jim Bonnick / Ski. On the other hand, Beckett also mentions Thomas Magnum in episode 9 of the first seaso

However, this is merely a nod to Bellisario's series as an episode of Magnum airs in a family's home where Beckett has transformed into a single mother. Thus, the two series evolve well in their own continuity and are not connecte

Now, with the new Code Quantum series – which is positioned as a sequel to the original with new characters – and the remake of Magnum, rumor has it that a crossover between the two series could finally see the light of da

The new sequen
Let's end this article with the unaired footage of Sam Beckett as Thomas Magnum

Lors d'une convention dédiée à la série, les plans d'essai de Scott Bakula ont été publiés. On peut voir le comédien en chemise hawaïenne se tourner vers la caméra et hausser les sourcils à la manière de Tom Selleck. C'est ainsi que le dernier épisode de la quatrième saison aurait dû se terminer. .cey.dn.m?m..'n..ums.3).e saison aurait dû se terminer.

Latest posts

Back