The Fate of Fenris (Speculation)

The Overlord

What will become of the Fenris corportaion and the Von Strucker twins after they became enemies with the X-Men after the last Gambit arc? Do you think Fenris will be revealed as a shell company working for Hydra?

Hopefully. I wasn't at all familiar with the Fenris Twins before this, and I liked the Ultimizations. That's a great thing about Vaughan - he's creating some solid Ultimizations and leaving room, for the most part, for future writers to build off his stories.

I think you've got what he's doing down pat, E. He's just introducing these characters. Sure, to some, he's added a lot of backstory to (Deathstrike) and others he's going to leave up to other people (Sinister). I hope that the writers don't disregard these characters since I've enjoyed them thus far.

Doesn't seem a little odd that this Fenris corporation came out of the blue, run by a pair mutant twins? It may appear exactly as it does on the surface, that the Von Strucker twins are merely very clever and greedy mutants who created the Fenris corportation on their own and suceed in disguising their mutant origins.

But it seems to make more sense if something more sinister was afoot at Fenris. Hydra could have given the Von Strucker twins the seed money to create Fenris and covered up any evidence of their mutant origin. Also assuming the Von Strucker twins were not ideologically loyal to Hydra, Hydra could always blackmail them with the knowledge of their mutant origins.

Fenris is a perfect tool for Hydra take over the internal economy, the Von struckers can recruit mutant soldiers who will take out rival companies, allowing Feniris and thus Hydra to dominate the economy.

Yes, as far as we know there is no connection between Fenris and HYDRA. Sure, in 616 the Von Strukers ran the show for both of these terroristic/economic juggernauts, but here it is different. All we've got is selfish mutants manipulating others for their benefit. I hope that it doesn't stay that way... That's something we can barely build off of.

Goodwill said:
Yes, as far as we know there is no connection between Fenris and HYDRA. Sure, in 616 the Von Strukers ran the show for both of these terroristic/economic juggernauts, but here it is different. All we've got is selfish mutants manipulating others for their benefit. I hope that it doesn't stay that way... That's something we can barely build off of.

Its true there is no evidence of a Fenris Hydra connection, but it would make more sense then the Von Strucker twins being a solo act. The Von strucker twins would have to be super geniuses in order to create a company as large as Fenris and manage to keep their mutant origins a secret at the same time.

It would make more sense to me if Hydra created Fenris and disguised the Von
Strucker twins mutant origins.

Goodwill said:
I agree with you and everything, but I don't think Vaughan had any intention of having HYDRA introduced.

Someone else could always add in Hydra's connection to Fenris later, I see nothing that would contradictory about that.

Oh, I know, I was just saying that whoever said Fenris had to have help was not entirely correct because Vaughan didn't see it that way when he wrote it. As far as we know, they were on their own. I know there is room to change that and I hope someone does change that.

Goodwill said:
Oh, I know, I was just saying that whoever said Fenris had to have help was not entirely correct because Vaughan didn't see it that way when he wrote it. As far as we know, they were on their own. I know there is room to change that and I hope someone does change that.

I didn't say the Von Strucker twins had to have help to create Fenris, I said it make more sense if Hydra helped them created Fenris.

I just don't see why the Fenris can't make it on there own. It's plausible... I mean the fact that they're mutants who aren't the violent kind and work business wise is original enough to make them hold there own. Hydra or anyone else backing them is unneeded.

Right, but it would be interesting to see if there was more to them. HYDRA is just the easiest way to introduce more to the Fenris Twins. I see what you're saying, but developing characters is a necessary evil at times.

Latest posts

Back