The Good Things in Life

I like how there seems to be a new family-dynamic developing in my house that was never really there before. We seem to be doing a lot more stuff together than ever before.

I'm currently celebrating the end of a two-year stitching project. A friend of mine and her husband saved for most of their adult life to be able to build their own house, and about 18 months ago they finally finished it. I told my friend to pick out a needlework picture at our local A.C. Moore and I would stitch and frame it for her as a housewarming gift. She chose a picture based on a Renoir painting.

The finished product, which I showed her this past weekend and am also showing off to a bunch of other people I know:

Flowers1.jpg

A close-up of the design:

Flowers2.jpg

I'm not only happy that it's completed, but that she really loved it. :D

My mom used to cross stitch a long time ago, so I can understand how hard that must have been. Looks great.

So last week I had a ***** of a time, assignments are really pilling on top of me and next week its going to be hell. I have so much to do I feel like I'm gonna snap. But yesterday I had to go to some presentation for a class, I figured I was gonna be bored out of my mind for an hour and a half (since I didn't get to sleep till 5:30 am). But turns out is was a very hot asian chick giving the presentation. It's really the small things in life that gets you through the week. Thank you hot asian chick, for being so damn hot.

I'm currently celebrating the end of a two-year stitching project. A friend of mine and her husband saved for most of their adult life to be able to build their own house, and about 18 months ago they finally finished it. I told my friend to pick out a needlework picture at our local A.C. Moore and I would stitch and frame it for her as a housewarming gift. She chose a picture based on a Renoir painting.

The finished product, which I showed her this past weekend and am also showing off to a bunch of other people I know:

Flowers1.jpg

A close-up of the design:

Flowers2.jpg

I'm not only happy that it's completed, but that she really loved it. :D

That's really amazing, I would never have the talent (or patience) for something like that.

SHORT-APPROPRIATE WEATHER.

I mentioned it in the Social Thread. But, seriously. Spring is wonderful. Shorts are amazing.

One of the best feelings in the world for me is finishing a strike. After all the hard work in constructing, rehearsing, and performing, everyone comes together and tears it all down to blank stage. There is just something wonderfully fulfilling about finishing a run.

The day after April Fool's day.
Coming Wednesday of this week, and not a moment too soon....

My mom used to cross stitch a long time ago, so I can understand how hard that must have been. Looks great.

That's really amazing, I would never have the talent (or patience) for something like that.
Thanks, guys. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out (and that it's DONE!). :D

That might be one of the cruelest April Fools jokes ever.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we enacted a brilliant April Fool's joke to convince J. Agamemnon he had a new job when he really didn't?

I wish I were that good at being a dick.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we enacted a brilliant April Fool's joke to convince J. Agamemnon he had a new job when he really didn't?

I wish I were that good at being a dick.

That's sounds like an episode of Punk'd where they make Van Damme think he's getting a lead role in a michael bay film.

Latest posts

Back