The Last Airbender movie (watch the cartoon instead)

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Movie

Cliff Curtis as Fire Lord Ozai?

This movie has a strange cast.

Hey, did you know that USM #100 is a homage to...no. No, I'm not finishing that. That joke's been done.

I'm waiting for a trailer before I make full judgements.

Last edited:

Yep
I'm waiting for a trailer before I make full judgements.

Same here. I feel Avatar is something that should have remained animated. But I'm really interested to see the effects and how Shyamalan does with someone else's story.

I approve of Cliff Curtis.

He's obviously an actor who takes his craft very seriously, though I haven't seen him in anything particularly stand out.

Still, anyone who as in Sunshine gets cred in my book, even if I'm willing to admit that that movie was not well, all that.

I approve of Cliff Curtis.

He's obviously an actor who takes his craft very seriously, though I haven't seen him in anything particularly stand out.

Still, anyone who as in Sunshine gets cred in my book, even if I'm willing to admit that that movie was not well, all that.

...You do realize that (assuming the film is fairly faithful to the source material of the first season) he gets about 5 scenes? With his face framed in shadow?

I admit I don't know much about casting, though. Then again, if even I find this cast strange...

...You do realize that (assuming the film is fairly faithful to the source material of the first season) he gets about 5 scenes? With his face framed in shadow?
As long as he gets more lines than Kal Penn got in Superman Returns, I'm sure he's fine.

SHH said:
USA Today has published these first two photos of Noah Ringer as Aang and Dev Patel as Prince Zuko in writer/director M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender. Paramount Pictures will release the big screen adaptation on July 2, 2010

M. Night Shyamalan is going to have to work hard to make this not be the next Dragonball... because if he doesn't, he is done.

M. Night Shyamalan is going to have to work hard to make this not be the next Dragonball... because if he doesn't, he is done.

Crap. I didn't even think of that until now.

Oh well. The guy's well enough off to look after his family. And the Highlander Effect isn't as powerful as fenway thinks.

You can't really see Aang's arrow tat though.
Yeah, but I like how they made a very intricate design
It reminds me of clockwork.

And I can't see Zuko's scar, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Again.
I don't think he has a scar there, my guess is that's a flash back
It definitely will not be as bad as Dragonball, say what you will about his writing but Shyamalan is one damn fine director. Even if his inexperience with cgi/big action films and a bunch of other things just go wrong I think it'll still be watchable. Not as great as the series but not a **** stain like Dragonball

Latest posts

Back