The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

So I finally finished Twilight Princess and started Skyward Sword last week. I had been putting it off because I know that I get engrossed in Zelda games and they suck away all my time (I stayed up all night last night playing...for the third time in the past week).

I'm still wondering if there is a connection between the Oocoo City in the Sky and Skyloft.

But anyway, Skyward Sword is really fun, once you get into it. There are A LOT of cut scenes at the beginning so it felt a bit slow at the start, but once you get past that it's awesome!

I just beat the Earth Temple last night/this morning, and I really want to go to Lanayru, but I think I need to take a break for a bit. We'll see.

Is anyone else playing/has anyone else played this yet?

Also, did you know that an official chronology has been released?

ZeldatimelineHHtranslation.png

and here is the history in detail

Last edited:
Is it by Nintendo? Otherwise it's not official. Nintendo has said they will never reveal the actual timeline, and they do have one made.

The creators of Zelda released a book called Hyrule Historia: The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia back in December. Only in Japan though of course.

From IGN: Legend of Zelda Timeline Revealed

From Zeldawiki.org
Hyrule Historia: The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia is a 274-page book featuring official Zelda artwork as well as the history of the Zelda universe. It contains never-before-seen concept artwork, such as the development of Link in Twilight Princess. The encyclopedia was released on December 21, 2011 in Japan with a cost of 3,255 yen.
Published by Shogakukan, the encyclopedia is divided into three sections. The first section, titled "The Origin Story", describes the events covered in Skyward Sword. The next section is "A Complete History of Hyrule", which reviews the storyline of each game, additionally suggesting a complete take on the Zelda Timeline, including the previously-unconfirmed placement of certain games. The rest of the book is filled with artwork spanning the 25 years of the franchise, including 32 pages of the Skyward Sword manga by Akira Himekawa.

EDIT: Here it is on the Japanese Amazon

Last edited:
Is anyone else playing/has anyone else played this yet?

I got maybe halfway through Twilight Princess and lost interest...I told my son if he completed it (he completed Ocerina Of Time a while back and he's only 9) I'd get him Skyward Sword.

Maybe some time I'll try to get back into Twilight Princess but I feel like I'd have to start all over again.

I got maybe halfway through Twilight Princess and lost interest...

It's a pretty immersive game.
That isn't the right word at all, but I can't think of the right term.

What I mean is that the world of the game is really big and the story is long and you really have to get into it (or be immersed in it) if you're going to finish the game. I have just enough OCD that I did and I loved it, but even with that, I started the game in September and just finished it now because I took breaks that were several months long. I can't be immersed that deeply in a game for very long or I stop sleeping, working, and having a social life. Which isn't healthy obviously.

Does it bother anyone else that at the end of Skyward Sword the Temple of Time is in the Sacred Grove in Faron Woods, and then in Ocarina of Time it's in Hyrule Castle Town, and then in Twilight Princess it's back in the Sacred Grove?

These are the kinds of things that keep me up at night...

Does it bother anyone else that at the end of Skyward Sword the Temple of Time is in the Sacred Grove in Faron Woods, and then in Ocarina of Time it's in Hyrule Castle Town, and then in Twilight Princess it's back in the Sacred Grove?

These are the kinds of things that keep me up at night...

Apparently it's just me.

So I FINALLY finished this game. I got it for Christmas 2011 and started playing it February 2012. I just finished about 10 minutes ago. (I'm not much of a gamer.)

I liked it. Maybe not as much as Twilight Princess, and definitely not as much as Ocarina of Time. I haven't played any of the other ones (except the original) but I own all the console games and am looking forward to playing them eventually.

I just read on Zeldapedia that the Hylians who remained on Skyloft eventually evolved into the Oocca from Twilight Princess (according to Hyrule Historia). That's a little weird, but okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back