The Next 25 Years Of Video Games

I really liked it. It's a cool extrapolation of unchecked computer-evolution. Like Kant's categorical imperatives. 'Twas funny and what not.

Also, for those who are scared - understand that humanity doesn't have access to the kind of power sources that would be necessary to create an all encompassing virtual world. It would be too expensive and too energy-consuming to be widespread. They say as much in one of the pages, so chill - intellectual exercise like this can be fun. ^__^

Best. Movie. Ever.

*slowly but steadily crawls out of bomb shelter*

As for the movie, what would the RPG player do?

*slowly but steadily crawls out of bomb shelter*

Yes, that's it, come out. Come out into the HELLISH NIGHTMARE DYSTOPIC WORLD WE HAVE WROUGHT! BOW TO YOUR NEW EMPEROR!

00007083lx6.jpg

BOW! IS HE NOT GLORIOUS?!

Last edited:
I was reading this again today and two things occured to me while mulling over the bit about this whole virtual Universe that we may already be a part of and if not, will possibly create in the next few decades.

If you and I are already a product of something like this, why not take it a step further(from our point of view): By stage five or six(2028 and 2033 respecitively), we could create, from birth, in this virtual world, an actual Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Peter Parker, Harry Potter, etc who is just as real mentally as you or I, knows who they are, lives as real a life as we do, etc. The entire concept of a fictional character could disappear because we could make anything anyone as real as we are.

That's pretty cool.

Take it another step further, too. You could actually transfer your own awareness into your favourite fictional character and literally become them, as in, thoughts, memories, personality and all. Perhaps you can choose to somehow have your cake and eat it to by maintaining both your own mind and your character of choice's mind simultaneously. The current human brain can't do this, but by this time you may have already downloaded your consciousness into an cyberbrain that's twice as powerful. Anything's possible.

:dazed:

What's that? Oh.... coming, Lois.

That's what I thought. A group of about ten different gamers, and they need to work together to survive through every imaginable disaster.

I think now and wonder, what if we have to kill goombas and battle the egocentric, beauracratic hammer bros for power of the newly established mushroom kingdom. I am the princess peach.

You don't want to be Peach.

She just gets kidnapped all the time and threatened to be married to a giant firebreathing turtle and the only guy who can save her is a short, fat, plumber from Brooklyn who fell down a pipe and is addicted to mushrooms.

What the hell was Nintendo thinking?

You don't want to be Peach.

She just gets kidnapped all the time and threatened to be married to a giant firebreathing turtle and the only guy who can save her is a short, fat, plumber from Brooklyn who fell down a pipe and is addicted to mushrooms.

What the hell was Nintendo thinking?
miyamoto_1.jpg

+

psilocomp1.jpg

=

357_miyamoto.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I wish I could give Ourchair Points for that.

why not the three pictures are from seperate sources, so technically Moonie did create the post

in leiu of his Ourchair points i award Moonie 7000 Gemini points, they're worth 1/50th of an Ourchair point and noone will care that you got them.

Does Mario get bigger? Or does the world get smaller? You think mushrooms were the only thing Shiggy was high on when he invented Mario?

I mean, come on. There's a freakin' pot leaf in Mario 3 that transforms you into a flying raccoon.

Does Mario get bigger? Or does the world get smaller? You think mushrooms were the only thing Shiggy was high on when he invented Mario?

I mean, come on. There's a freakin' pot leaf in Mario 3 that transforms you into a flying raccoon.

not too mention the crack pipe's that transport you to the 9th world ....oh did i say crack pipe's i ment "warp whistle's"

I blame everything on natto.

07-natto.jpg

why not the three pictures are from seperate sources, so technically Moonie did create the post

in leiu of his Ourchair points i award Moonie 7000 Gemini points, they're worth 1/50th of an Ourchair point and noone will care that you got them.

I'd care. :cry:

I think that in actuality, Mario is just clinging to a cardboar box tripping out of his ****ing mind.

And then gets his poor brother, Luigi, hepped up on goofballs.

Mario's such an ***.

I think that in actuality, Mario is just clinging to a cardboar box tripping out of his ****ing mind.

And then gets his poor brother, Luigi, hepped up on goofballs.

Mario's such an ***.
Goddam Italians.

Latest posts

Back