The Private Eye by Brian K. Vaughan & Marcos Martin

E

Excelsior Club
Back in 2011, after Marcos Martin announced that he was leaving not only Daredevil but also Marvel Comics, the rumours about which would be his next project started. Two years later, we have an exclusive first look to the next project of the artist. Considered as one of the best artist of the industry, the spanish artist of Amazing Spider-Man and Daredevil will team-up with Brian K. Vaughan (Saga, Y, The Last Man). Many years ago, in 2006, both authors worked together in the aclaimed miniseries Doctor Strange: The Oath. Since then, both of them have wanted to work together once again and this project will be the oportunity for that. Few details are known at least for now, but we are all sure that this new series will be one of the best one of the year and we all will be saying the same words as the teaser: "I like it" ("Me gusta")

And Bleeding Cool has some artwork.

The greatness of Saga has me much more excited about this than I should reasonably be.

Welcome to Panel Syndicate, where artist Marcos Martin and writer Brian K. Vaughan deliver original comics directly to readers around the world, who pay whatever the hell they want for each DRM-free issue. Our first new storyline is THE PRIVATE EYE, a forward-looking mystery we created with colorist Muntsa Vicente. Set in a future where privacy is considered a sacred right and everyone has a secret identity, The Private Eye is a serialized sci-fi detective story for mature readers. You can download our 32-page first issue right now, for any price you think is fair. 100% of your payments go directly into our greedy mitts and will help fund the rest of a story that we're both very proud of (we hope there will be around 10 issues total; an old-school "maxiseries!"), so thanks for reading...

The series is pay-what-you-want, published by Panel Syndicate and downloadable in CBZ, CBR, & PDF formats.

I just tried to purchase the first issue but it couldn't go through because there is some kind of problem with their Paypal account.

There was a workaround - just offer $0 and you could still get it. I did, but went back and paid for it when Paypal was working again.

This is a really good start with an interesting premise. The former Doc Strangefate-better-now-known-as-James Tynion made a good point on Twitter about how there really isn't a mechanism in place for updates on future comic releases and that could hurt it in the future, so that could be a real problem.

You had me at Marcos Martin.

I'm going to wait until a collection is released, but I may donate for a digital copy to support the title before it reaches that point.

Saga is currently my favourite comic being published. I expect this to be second.

I paid $0.99, as suggested in the FAQ.

Last edited:
The first issue was good. Not great, this wasn't a Saga or a Y: the Last Man but it was good. I think it was made primarily to be read on an iPad because I had some issues with it as a PDF on my Nexus 7, text blurring and art bring squished. I redownloaded it as a cbr file and I had less problems. Honestly I'd like this to get a comixology release at some point since I mainly read using its guided view on my tablet.

The first issue was good. Not great, this wasn't a Saga or a Y: the Last Man but it was good. I think it was made primarily to be read on an iPad because I had some issues with it as a PDF on my Nexus 7, text blurring and art bring squished. I redownloaded it as a cbr file and I had less problems. Honestly I'd like this to get a comixology release at some point since I mainly read using its guided view on my tablet.

Does it seem like a format that could be printed as a collection or is it a format specifically better fitted for a screen?

Does it seem like a format that could be printed as a collection or is it a format specifically better fitted for a screen?

Its landscape so if they ever did print it it'd either be sideways or two pages stacked into a double page spread

Last edited:
Hire much did you pay E? I did $2 because that's what I prefer to pay on a digital comic.

Saga is currently my favourite comic being published. I expect this to be second.

I paid $0.99, as suggested in the FAQ.

I paid one dollar.

Agreed - good, not great. At least not yet. Most definitely worth the dollar I paid for it, and I will continue to pay a dollar for it.

I didn't bother with the PDF because the CBR reader I use on my iPad is really good, and I had no problems at all with the CBR.

Its landscape so if they ever did print it it'd either be sideways or two pages stacked into a double page spread

While I was reading it I was thinking they could print it widescreen as it is presented just like Dark Horse did with 300.

While I was reading it I was thinking they could print it widescreen as it is presented just like Dark Horse did with 300.

That'd be pretty good.

I think I'll keep paying 2 because I want to support the distribution model.

Latest posts

Back