The Smoking Thread

Smokers are jokers.

No, stop laughing, it's not a quip. Put out that cigarette, throw the rest of them away, and smarten the **** up.

Hunger suppressants don't equal a plus. It doesn't matter who you are, starving yourself thin is on about the same level of advice as "Get confident, stupid!". You want to get skinny? Bully for you; eat right and exercise. Thats how the body works. Starving yourself isn't a long term solution, and its barely even a short term solution.

And please don't anybody come in here and say suppressing your appetite - especially artificially - isn't starving yourself. Not eating everything that crosses your mind is self-restraint, deliberately supressing your appetite to get thin is starving yourself.

F***in' A.

On a side note, Colorado (my home state) recently outlawed smoking inside.

Even. At. Bars.

Yeah, it kicks ***. I can go out almost anywhere and come home smelling good (or at least only like stale beer...). Smokers should be able to smoke, just do it the **** outside. Thanks.

And in an ironic twist of fate, because of Denvers unique drug laws, I have actually smoked something inside a bar after the tobacco ban. It felt pretty rebellious until I realized nobody was noticing/or going to stop us.

Everyone in my family smokes, all my friends smoke. I have never at any point in my life, and I never will, even so much as taken a single drag of anything, legal or no.

Smoking in public should be illegal. It smells terrible, it makes everyone around you smell terrible, enough people in one place and it gets hazy, gets in my eyes, makes me sick.

If you want to kill yourself, go ahead, but do it somewhere it won't affect other people who choose not to do it. Even outside in public places is too much.

I don't smoke, but I carry a Zippo. Is that as strange as people act like it is?

I mostly carry it because I like to fidget with it, but I also like to be able to create fire and give people a light.

I don't smoke, but I carry a Zippo. Is that as strange as people act like it is?

I mostly carry it because I like to fidget with it, but I also like to be able to create fire and give people a light.

Yeah. That's honestly pretty weird. I have enough trouble remembering to bring my phone and watch and keys with me wherever I go. Constantly carrying something you never use is kind of weird.

But, man.... I haven't smoked in about three and a half weeks. I was smoking a half a pack a day and then just decided to drop off. The real problem isn't the physical addiction. It's the social one. It really sucks when you're at bars or when your friends are all gathered around smoking... But I tried to hit up a cigarette a couple of days ago, and I just felt ****ty. Unless you're a kid and you have the whole peer pressure thing going on, it doesn't make any sense to pick up smoking. Although it is delicious...

I've got a question for all the smokers. How come if I give a smoker a ride and I ask them not to smoke in my car, they act like I just asked them to sit in the back of the bus? Seriously, they give me this look that says, "Where do you get off telling me I can't smoke in your car?"

My favorite line had to a smoker had to be when I was sitting around at school *****ing about **** with some friends. This one girl, who I knew smoked, said "There should be an idiot tax." I responded, "There already is. It's called the Tobacco tax." She spun around and smacked me with a text book. Meanwhile, everyone else started busting out laughing.

Were they laughing at you or at the girl that smacked you with the US History textbook

I've got a question for all the smokers. How come if I give a smoker a ride and I ask them not to smoke in my car, they act like I just asked them to sit in the back of the bus? Seriously, they give me this look that says, "Where do you get off telling me I can't smoke in your car?"

My favorite line had to a smoker had to be when I was sitting around at school *****ing about **** with some friends. This one girl, who I knew smoked, said "There should be an idiot tax." I responded, "There already is. It's called the Tobacco tax." She spun around and smacked me with a text book. Meanwhile, everyone else started busting out laughing.

that's pretty funny. I have total respect for others and not smoking around non-smokers is just something I do. I would never give attitude, I might jump out of the car while it's moving to get my fix but attitude ... naw

To be fair, Californians as a whole are rather self-righteous to begin with.
Damn Skippy

Smokers are jokers.

No, stop laughing, it's not a quip. Put out that cigarette, throw the rest of them away, and smarten the **** up.

F***in' A.

Shut Up! It's not as if we don't know it's bad for us and it's really not that easy to just throw out your smokes. Your naivety on the subject is stessing me out. I think I'll go smoke one right now as a matter of fact. What you say does have some merit, I'm not a joker and I realize it is in no way good. The arguement is not black and white there are shades of gray in there too.

On a side note, Colorado (my home state) recently outlawed smoking inside.

Even. At. Bars.

Yeah, it kicks ***. I can go out almost anywhere and come home smelling good (or at least only like stale beer...). Smokers should be able to smoke, just do it the **** outside. Thanks.

And in an ironic twist of fate, because of Denvers unique drug laws, I have actually smoked something inside a bar after the tobacco ban. It felt pretty rebellious until I realized nobody was noticing/or going to stop us.

Colorado is the ****! Damn cold though. Personally I hate smoking inside to be honest even in the cold.

Wierd:?
Smoking's bad for your health.
Really? I don't know where you heard that piece of misinformation. I'm so much healthier since I started puffing.

how much Washington State hates Smokers:

• We have the highest tax on smokes, with a pack of reds over 5.00, only the CITY of NY is higher

• we can't smoke in a public place

• we have be 25 feet a way from a door or window to smoke aka in the street

• if you throw a but out the window and get caught its a $101 fine
  • we also pay a +/- 8% sales tax on top of the state tax
  • my college just went smoke free, aka can't smoke ANYWHERE on campus

and moonmaster like i told doc, look into the chi arts, most well known is the tai chi arts. this well really help you know your body better and help you control your breathing. i have what i call, minior ADD meaning i have have to be doing 5 things at one time or im not contempt. but after learning even a few of the breathing arts of chi i was able to quickly calm myself down.

now i smoke cuz its another bad habit, like Mt. Dew.

and moonmaster like i told doc, look into the chi arts, most well known is the tai chi arts. this well really help you know your body better and help you control your breathing. i have what i call, minior ADD meaning i have have to be doing 5 things at one time or im not contempt. but after learning even a few of the breathing arts of chi i was able to quickly calm myself down.

Not only will you breath better you'll get an added bonus! A sweet Iron Fist to smack all those dirty non-smokers when they tell you how bad smoking is.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only will you breath better you'll get an added bonus! A sweet Iron Fist to smack all those dirty non-smokers when they tell you how bad smoking is.:D

naw, i'm 6'1 230 lbs brown guy, all i gotta do is look at them [does the Rocks, raised eye brow] :twisted:

I'm a 6'5 185 lbs white guy, with asthma and glasses. I need me an Iron Fist.:D

mos def, look into the chi arts for yourself. and it will also help get a little bit more control over your asthma. cuz it helps put your body into better alignment, like i said before the whole concept of breathing to control your body is just magnificent.

now go walking stick :wink:, and learn the power of the fist 8)

I come from a family of non-smokers, other than a pack-a-day younger brother who lives in a different country altogether, so it's mostly a non-issue for me.

Matthew (ourchair) is my only close friend who is a smoker, and he does it infrequently enough that I don't mind when he smokes around me. He's generally respectful, when I request that he doesn't smoke in certain places (inside the car I use, for example, which is a shared, family-owned car).

Am generally contemptuous of big tobacco companies, but that's really an extension of my distaste for unethical/unscrupulous corporate practices, in general. (For that matter, I'm equally annoyed with the self-righteous, faux-"edgy", well-funded Truth anti-smoking campaign that used to run in all the comics.)

I used to carry a Zippo, for the same reasons. I stopped during college, partly because I was hanging out with less smokers, but also due to the fact that certain people (including one of my exes) seemed to regard it as a "poseur" thing to do; they got the impression that I wanted the "coolness" associated with being a smoker, without taking any of the health risks.

I don't necessarily agree with that assessment, but that may be how others percieve it, with you.

Is smoking really veiwed as cool or sexy? For me, no, but does anyone else think this way?

Said the guy who's avatar is smoking.I wasn't laughing. Of course not. Quips are clever. How about I put it out in your eye and shove the rest of them up your ***, so you'll smarten the **** up.

BOO-YA!!!!

I personally no longer smoke, but I still love going into tobacco shops just for that fresh smell. And no one---has the right to look down or make a comment about someone who smokes......especially if you've never smoked yourself. And I'm not talking about you smoked a pack once---I'm talking you smoked so long that it's an addiction.

BOO-YA!!!!

I personally no longer smoke, but I still love going into tobacco shops just for that fresh smell. And no one---has the right to look down or make a comment about someone who smokes......especially if you've never smoked yourself. And I'm not talking about you smoked a pack once---I'm talking you smoked so long that it's an addiction.
I just don't deal well with self-righteous little turds talking down to me because I smoke.

Listen and listen well, I need to hear your opinions on my smoking about as much as you need to get kicked in the head. And don't think that the two are unrelated because I have rage control issues.

I just don't deal well with self-righteous little turds talking down to me because I smoke.

Listen and listen well, I need to hear your opinions on my smoking about as much as you need to get kicked in the head. And don't think that the two are unrelated because I have rage control issues.

Talk down. Talk down.

Haha you smoke and I don't

:shifty:

Latest posts

Back