The Stand

I've read The Stand 3 times; the unabridged version only twice.

This is maybe my favorite King book--except MAYBE Desperation.

I tried to read Desperation when I was 14. Got to the van's rolling in and the firing...got sick to my stomach and put it down.

I really want to read that book now but I can't find my copy. I'm probably going to have to rebuy it.

The book's picking up now, where I am. It's really got a Lost feel to it. I can definitely tell that Lindelof and Cuse treat this book like it's the Bible when they're coming up with situations that their survivors must face.

I tried to read Desperation when I was 14. Got to the van's rolling in and the firing...got sick to my stomach and put it down.

I really want to read that book now but I can't find my copy. I'm probably going to have to rebuy it.

I liked Desperation, though I wish I read the book that went with it.

Thank you for the nam, I didn't know what it's name was.

Which one was first?

Technically, they're parallel universes.

Basically, they use the same characters, but the stories are told in two different voices. I always read Desperation first, it helps build the idea of Tak a bit more.

All done. A real good book, but the ending sort of left me curious. With so much build, I thought there would be definitive endings for characters... And they just weren't there. I don't know, maybe I'm too critical of it.

I've learned that King isn't always big with definitive endings. He certainly beleives more in the journey than in the destination.

This is true. At least of the Dark Tower series.

Maybe I'm just put off that characters might not have come circle, although the plot certainly did.

And more, I'm
upset Larry had to go the way he did.

Latest posts

Back