The "Tell Us What Music You Are Listening To Now" Thread

I am listening to The Verve's Bitter Sweet Symphony which I only just rediscovered and is amazing.

I've found myself listening to A Perfect Circle's "Counting Bodies Sheep like to the Rhythm of the War Drums," which has been a long time since I last heard it.

Awesome damn song.

I've found myself listening to A Perfect Circle's "Counting Bodies Sheep like to the Rhythm of the War Drums," which has been a long time since I last heard it.

Awesome damn song.

:rockon:

You should hear the original version "Pet" that I like better.

It should update to what you're currently listening to.

I guess you could just post that gif that updates according to what your recently listened to tracks on Last.fm are.

Lately I've mostly been listening to the new Rancid album 'Let the Dominoes Fall.'

"Skipper Dan" by Weird Al. I'm Al's biggest fan, but I think this is one of his best songs in years, easily better than anything from 'Straight Outta Lynwood'.

[youtube]NNo8LvdOwSk[/youtube]

Tell me what you think, skotti!

Twilight Zone by Golden Earring

[youtube]irZi18VR31M[/youtube]

It has my favorite Bass track of all time, even if it's the same riff over and over again.

I need more music. Recommend me things. The last new batch of music I got into was when Moony recommended me Animal Collective, months ago.
I will send you some new stuff. I have plenty that I'm sure you'd like and several things that I've rediscovered that I'm absolutely ashamed of myself that I didn't send you before.

Anyway, this past week I've been trying to come off of long binges of The Flaming Lips and Atlas Sound by trying out lots of new stuff. The best I've discovered is Memory Cassette/Weird Tapes/Memory Tapes, who is actually one guy from New Jersey who just goes by different aliases. Memory Cassette is more 80s influenced dance pop, Weird Tapes is very sample-based, beat heavy dance music, and Memory Tapes is like middle ground between the two. Pitchfork has already gotten to him which means he's going to blow up and then be labeled a forgettable trend, so I'm going to try and enjoy his music while I can. A couple of his songs that I've had stuck in my head for days:

[youtube]6fC8UY2jRJI[/youtube]

[youtube]L6UouMxhFb0[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back