The Ultimate Revelation!? (Some OLD Spoilers, Just a Theory...uh...sort of)

ProjectX2 said:
Interesting thoughts. I'm going to have to check on this eye colour thing...
Cool. I seriously need someone else to check this eye thing out and make sure I'm right.

#3 appears to have blue-eyed Tony and the only colorist is Laura Martin, the same woman I thought was making the mistake and coloring his eyes brown instead of the blue Paul Mounts used in volume 1.

Nas

If it's happened more than once, then I think it's deliberate...

all I need for Ultimate Tony Stark's character is a clone of him running around. That'd be like Millar saying he created a great character and then reading what Card did. And then Millar thought, ***** I have to make sure Ultimate Tony comes off with the worst ultimate concepts so I can at least make the character somewhat match up with Card's Ultimization*

And some kind of cloned Tony is the only explanation.

What I'm interested in is what the different eye colored Tony is saying when the eye's a changed color. Maybe it's Loki ... but I'd rather leave Tony out of it.

And Tony being the traitor to SHIELD is a cop-out. We know he's setting something up so the team can run on their own. If that's what the "traitor" is... I'll be mighty pissed.

You know, this kinda made me think of something else that could be a precedent for using eye-color as a clue. Remember when they released the cover to the Ultimates Annual and everyone thought Cap was on the cover? When we get the story though, we find out it was Lieberman and someone (can't remember who, have to do backchecking in threads) said we should have known it wasn't Steve Rogers because he has blue eyes and the Cap on the cover had brown eyes. No way (right now) I can relate it to the theory advanced here, but it could help support it.

Entropy said:
You know, this kinda made me think of something else that could be a precedent for using eye-color as a clue. Remember when they released the cover to the Ultimates Annual and everyone thought Cap was on the cover? When we get the story though, we find out it was Lieberman and someone (can't remember who, have to do backchecking in threads) said we should have known it wasn't Steve Rogers because he has blue eyes and the Cap on the cover had brown eyes. No way (right now) I can relate it to the theory advanced here, but it could help support it.

Didn't spot this till you mentioned it, not that I ever really thought it was Steve, even before I read that issue for the first time this morning.

Nas

If anyone knows a private dectective they should have him read the Ultimates series and have him figure it out, I'd be interested in what he comes up with.

And I bet what ever happens Latveria is involved. In almost every Ultimate comic series we see subtle hints the Latervia is up to something and possibly building their own super soldier program. That's why we saw those differences oon the Ultimates 10 cover.

And I just realized, remeber when the Black Widow was spying on latveria to prove herself to Fury, what if all that was staged that she was hired by Latvarian black ops to infiltrate SHIELD. They had her to reveal the hulk to take out Banner becuase they knew he would stop them if The Ultimates decided to use the Hulk against them. They teamed with Loki to take out Thor and cause mischief, then the framed Cap to aviod him from defending the country. They are systematicly cutting of America's superhero defenses. Natasha may attempt to take out Iron Man, leaving only Wasp, Wanda, Quicksilver and the reserves left.

Last edited:
Random said:
And I bet what ever happens Latveria is involved. In almost every Ultimate comic series we see subtle hints the Latervia is up to something and possibly building their own super soldier program. That's why we saw those differences oon the Ultimates 10 cover.

And I just realized, remeber when the Black Widow was spying on latveria to prove herself to Fury, what if all that was staged that she was hired by Latvarian black ops to infiltrate SHIELD. They had her to reveal the hulk to take out Banner becuase they knew he would stop them if The Ultimates decided to use the Hulk against them. They teamed with Loki to take out Thor and cause mischief, then the framed Cap to aviod him from defending the country. They are systematicly cutting of America's superhero defenses. Natasha may attempt to take out Iron Man, leaving only Wasp, Wanda, Quicksilver and the reserves left.

Dude, that's what I've been saying the entire time. :rockon: Since I first read the teamup with Widow, I thought it just a bit too convieniant that she was at the embassay and Fury just letting her on the team like that.

Random said:

Dude, that's what I've been saying the entire time. :rockon: Since I first read the teamup with Widow, I thought it just a bit too convieniant that she was at the embassay and Fury just letting her on the team like that.

Hey Nas, I was doing some looking through my comics earlier to see if I spotted any other examples of eye color being shifted, and I found one. In Ultimates vol. 1, #2. You know that scene where Tony's tying his tie and teling Fury he wondered what it would be like if all the spooks and billionaires tried to help people for a change? Brown eyes. Not a page before that, Tony's eyes were bright blue and after that as far as I can tell, his eyes are blue. Now, you might say it's too far back but hell, Millar and Hitch were apparently dropping hints to us about Loki way back in Vol. 1. No sense why not here, and subtler clues have been given in comics.

Oh, and just to mention this, because I saw it as well, Stark has a record for leaking information. Remember how Hank and Jan found out about Cap's recovery in issue #3? Stark text messaged them. Just one of those kinda odd parallels between volume 1 & 2.

You know, I would almost be willing to say that the whole "traitor" conspiracy was an elaborate ruse concocted by Fury and Stark to cut the Ultimates loose if not for the Hawkeye's family, and possibly him, getting deep sixed. That's what's bugging me.

Ya know, I got everyone so jazzed up about this eye-color theory that someone even mentioned Tony's eye color over in the talk on The Ultimates 2 #9? I don't have that issue yet, but it just makes me smile to think that the eye color thing is now playing on others' minds.

Nice catches on vol.1 I'm not sure if the change from Tony's eye color has anything to do with the changing eye color here since all he does in those scenes is walk and talk with Fury.
There is a gap, I suppose, where he changes from his goop to his suit. I dunno...he was more serious when he had the brown eyes!

And I know Natasha is the traitor...but Millar's said "traitors galore" so we'll see.

Latest posts

Back