The Ultimates 2 #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Dr.Strangefate said:
-Hank Pym - Not in costume until the end, where I bet he'll don the Antman outfit and then go to normal size while inside of Ultron, sacrificing himself and destroying Ultron.

Like the sound of that.

The Captain said:
hawkeye dying....maybe, but not this early...wasp dying...no chance...theres a better chance of ult dd getting his own on going series before that happens........

:shifty:

Also don't like the sound of Hawkeye dying just yet. Of course if he died due to Black Widow's betrayal of the team and Widow felt guilty, I'd buy that.

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:
hmmmmmmm....

I dont think that Ultron and Loki are going to pop up all at once
Well, they won't be. Ultron has been mentioned a lot in this arc, so it's a good bet that he will appear in the next one. And there is no reason why stories can't overlap a little. The first Ultimates Arc ended with Hank beating Jan up. Hardly essential to the plot. I think by the end of issue #5, there will still be something of a question mark over who released the files.
What my guess is that we'll have a slightly new line up by GTA

-Captain America
-Iron Man
-War Machine/Black Widow
-Hawkeye - I'm guessing we'll see him die too, to mirror 616, and also because he's the most prepared to die, and would sacrifice himself to save lives
-Scarlett Witch (no Quicksilver, im betting the lightning bolt from thor hospitalizes him)
-Falcon- Bet he come in from Black Ops in the second arc
-The Wasp- Im guessing she'll die, her character is the most expendible at this point, and plus it would put the guilt on Hank times a thousand if his creation killed her
-Hank Pym - Not in costume until the end, where I bet he'll don the Antman outfit and then go to normal size while inside of Ultron, sacrificing himself and destroying Ultron.

My god! what is with you people today? Why are you trying to kill off people. This isn't the 616, once they're gone, they're gone. Dead.
Killing a character is always a lazy plot hole filler. If something doesn't look dramatic, kill someone. More important things can happen than killing someone. Having Hawkeye go blind is worse than killing him.

Guijllons said:
Well, they won't be. Ultron has been mentioned a lot in this arc, so it's a good bet that he will appear in the next one. And there is no reason why stories can't overlap a little. The first Ultimates Arc ended with Hank beating Jan up. Hardly essential to the plot. I think by the end of issue #5, there will still be something of a question mark over who released the files.

When did hawkeye go blind??(i havent been reading until issue #4 VOL 2)
yeah, i think so too...but im pulling for loki to be the guy, he is so much more interesting knowing that people dont believe he exists...thats how all supernatural villains should be...

Guijllons said:
No way, he'd be finally able to see what the hell he's wearing :D

Muhahaha :lol: Good one :p

One of the guys gotta die in this one, and it's prob gonna be Jan. 'Cuz if she dies then that would make Hank PISSED on SHIELD or Captain america ( 'cuz he didin't protect her or something ) then he would attack america or take the captain as hostage and that would start The Ultron arc ?

what the devil

SeAcoW said:
Muhahaha :lol: Good one :p

yeah, good line there, mwof is not gonna like that...

SeAcoW said:
One of the guys gotta die in this one, and it's prob gonna be Jan. 'Cuz if she dies then that would make Hank PISSED on SHIELD or Captain america ( 'cuz he didin't protect her or something ) then he would attack america or take the captain as hostage and that would start The Ultron arc ?

now that you mention it, thats a great concept....showing once more why i love this seacow person....that not only makes since but could be a legit idea....

I didnt make this clear, so im sorry, but I do think an Ultimate is going to die, and im guessing its going to be EITHER The Wasp or Hawkeye.

It is most likely to be one of those two, alas. But I don't think they've outdone their usefulness yet, nor reached a point that they would be really mourned, should they die.
Though perhaps the scene with hawkeye and his family was supposed to give us that greater connection for when he does 'buy it' so to speak.

thanks for the welcomes.

You guys ever think about this?

Thor is kickin all of everyone's arse. Then in flies a robot. Its the Ultron. Thor tries to electrocute it, but it doesnt short circuit or anything and it feels no pain, and this is what starts to tear thor apart. Pym doesnt want it to kill thor, but the ultimates watch on as ultron kills the god of thunder.

I dunno, I just am eager to see Ultron.

You know in another thread somewhere I made fun of you guys for noticing that guy in the background of issue #1 when Thor was talking to his friend and said "Wow you guys are looking into this way to much" I guess I was wrong about that so I have to say sorry. :cry:

Anyways, issue 4 was freakin awesomeness at it's best. I think Ultron will team with Loki and maybe The Hulk too. But that's unlikly. I can't wait until #5.

Welcome along.

I think it's rather un-millar-esque to introduce a new character or element to save the day at this point. If the second arc is indeed centred around ultron at all, it will made a grand appearance before it actually does anything... untoward. I feel that we have been given all we need to speculate on this arc, and damn, there is a lot to speculate on.
But Yeah, I'm also very interested in seeing ultron.

thee great one said:
You know in another thread somewhere I made fun of you guys for noticing that guy in the background of issue #1 when Thor was talking to his friend
And didn't I say something like "that's exactly the kind of thing millar would do"?;)
apology accepted:D

thee great one said:
You know in another thread somewhere I made fun of you guys for noticing that guy in the background of issue #1 when Thor was talking to his friend and said "Wow you guys are looking into this way to much"

Yes.

We did.

As I have proved in a thread I just posted. :crazy:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Guij, I'm guessing you're really into these Euro-Ultimates. So tell me. What gives with the trekkie spandex?
Haha, I was waiting for something like this.
I see it as pretty cool, because they are in the public eye, they are figureheads. What they wear is no more silly that what an athlete wears really. Flags of their own country. It strikes me as quite logical, all coolness aside.

And yeah, I do quite dig the Euro guys, looking forward to seeing what they can do.

moonmaster said:
Alright, I broke out the atlas and tried to match costumes to flags to find out where each of the Euro heroes is from (I have a lot of free time). There were quite a few that I wasn't sure on so I gave multiple possibilities. From page 14, panel 2, from left to right:

1. Lithuania
2. Ukraine or Sweden
3. Greece
4. Ireland
5. Austria, Poland, or Denmark
6. Yugoslavia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, or Iceland (Iceland seems the most likely)
7. Germany, or Belgium (Tough call. On one hand Germany is an important European nation, on the other hand, the Dome is located in Belgium.)
8. Britain
9. Italy
10. No Clue.
11. Austria, Poland, or Denmark (I'm thinking that between #5 and #11, one is Denmark, and the other is Poland)
12. No Clue.
13. Spain
14. France

Anyone have any guesses on the ones I'm unsure about?

Good calls there, I just went through the list myself and I have to agree. 6 could also be estonia too. And the ones you're unsure about, me too. What country have green and blue in their flag? (No10)

http://www.millarworld.net/index.php?showtopic=47027

Millar posted today telling where he got names from. He also called the league or European heroes "The Union".

I've seen a lot of people asking this. Most know that Captain Spain is Carlos and Captain Britain is obviously my childhood fave, Brian Braddock. Huge Etherlink, on the other hand, is a poster here from Portugal who just asked to appear in the book at exactly the right now. Captain Italy, Umberto Landi, is my sister's new fiance (and a lovely guy whom we all dig). My sister went into Forbidden Planet here in Glasgow and bought a stack of copies to give to her girlfriends and his family back home in Italy. No wonder we're selling so well!!!

MM

"Carlos" is a mod at Millarworld and "here" is Millarworld.

Latest posts

Back