Timeline Hub

Screenshot_20220518-214749_Chrome.jpg
Director states it's the same character, however the actor believed it to be an inside-joke. You can decide what matters more to you on your timeline, @tabascoman77.

View attachment 764
Director states it's the same character, however the actor believed it to be an inside-joke. You can decide what matters more to you on your timeline, @tabascoman77.

I think it's kinda like JJ Abrams and the whole "Slusho" inside joke. That drink is in Star Trek, Alias, and was referenced in the Cloverfield viral marketing.

Of all the characters from Better Luck Tomorrow, why Han to bring to the Fast & Furious world?
"It just felt appropriate you know, and the rooftop scene really is, eh, is the connection scene to Better Luck Tomorrow you know, and it's just something that felt very organic, erm, if you actually watch Annapolis, the Roger Fan character actually went to annapolis so we had like, we were gonna work on all the characters somewhere-somewhere in all my films."

Better Luck Tomorrow is most certainly canon because Fast & Furious references his smoking, with both actor and director agreeing on the connection. Annapolis seems to be disputed, but the director seems to accept it.

Last edited:
Of all the characters from Better Luck Tomorrow, why Han to bring to the Fast & Furious world?
"It just felt appropriate you know, and the rooftop scene really is, eh, is the connection scene to Better Luck Tomorrow you know, and it's just something that felt very organic, erm, if you actually watch Annapolis, the Roger Fan character actually went to annapolis so we had like, we were gonna work on all the characters somewhere-somewhere in all my films."

Better Luck Tomorrow is most certainly canon because Fast & Furious references his smoking, with both actor and director agreeing on the connection. Annapolis seems to be disputed, but the director seems to accept it.

I mean...I'd basically put Annapolis in there if it's the same character.

I'll have to watch the film to see if it holds up, but yeah. Same actor, same name, director considers it the same but it was also a bit of a joke with Roger Fan.

Blade Runner Timeline
2009 - Blade Runner: Origins
2019 - Blade Runner 2019
2019 - Blade Runner: The Final Cut
2022 - Blade Runner: Black Out 2022
2023 - Blade Runner: Revelations
2029 - Blade Runner 2029
2032 - Blade Runner: Black Locus S1
2036 - Blade Runner 2049: 2036: Nexus Dawn
2036 - Soldier
2048 - Blade Runner 2049: 2048: Nowhere to Run
2049 - Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab
2049 - Blade Runner 2049
2099 - Blade Runner 2099 S1

Blade Runner Timeline
2009 - Blade Runner: Origins
2019 - Blade Runner 2019
2019 - Blade Runner: The Final Cut
2022 - Blade Runner: Black Out 2022
2023 - Blade Runner: Revelations
2029 - Blade Runner 2029
2032 - Blade Runner: Black Locus S1
2036 - Blade Runner 2049: 2036: Nexus Dawn
2036 - Soldier
2048 - Blade Runner 2049: 2048: Nowhere to Run
2049 - Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab
2049 - Blade Runner 2049
2099 - Blade Runner 2099 S1
Never got into this franchise. Is it worth it?

Always wanted to do timelines for Dexter, WestWorld (HBO), and Mr. Robot. I still might but so much on my plate...I'd also love to do short timelines for Apple+'s "Severance" and "Servant".

So my first question for you is, because I don't think I've ever seen a serious answer about it, is this the same Han as in Better Luck Tomorrow?
"Yes, it is. Justin and I always… He wanted to keep the anthology going. He was always wondering where the characters go after high school. The Daric Loo character actually went into his film Annapolis, and then in Tokyo Drift we have Virgil too from Better Luck Tomorrow as well."

Erm, I guess Annapolis is definitely canon then. Also noticed something. He went from Virgil to Earl. Guess what? VirgEarl. He has the same name, it's just shortened. :p

Somewhat related to the discussion in the Chucky timeline, but how about an Evil Dead (cinematic) timeline in general?

Within the Woods
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
Evil Dead
Ash vs Evil Dead
1x01-1x10
Ash vs Evil Dead 2x01-2x10
Ash vs Evil Dead 3x01-3x10
Evil Dead Rise

1300 - Army of Darkness
1978 - Within the Woods
1982 - Ash vs Evil Dead 2x09-2x10 (Alternate Timeline)
1982 - The Evil Dead
1982 - Evil Dead 2
1982 - Army of Darkness (Epilogue)
2013 - Evil Dead
2015 - Ash vs Evil Dead 1x01-1x10
2016 - Ash vs Evil Dead 2x01-2x10
2018 - Ash vs Evil Dead 3x01-3x10
2022 - Evil Dead Rise
2100 - Ash vs Evil Dead 3x10 (ending)

Evil Dead 2 recap isn't canon (or is a previous timeline). The 1300 B.C. scene in Evil Dead 2 isn't canon (or is a previous timeline). The recap scene in Army of Darkness isn't canon (or is a previous timeline). Evil Dead (2013) is canon according to Sam Raimi and the director. The first 3 films are canon to Marvel's Earth-818793 (Army of Darkness comic series), but are set in the 1990s or 2000s and are thus incompatible with Ash vs Evil Dead which places the original films in 1982, separating them from the primary cinematic universe.

I'm assuming that the time travel in Army of Darkness is a closed loop because it makes narrative sense, and that somehow, in AvED, Ruby merged the alternate timeline with the main one, thus making the destroyed cabin replace the original somehow. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Hell, throw Within the Woods in there too. It's the precursor to The Evil Dead. No contradictions, though Bruce Campbell plays a different character.

Last edited:
Anyone wanna tackle Mission: Impossible? I don't think we should count the original TV series personally.
I could do that in minutes, but I'm not quite sure there's going to be much complexity to it. The first film had the most flashbacks and the chronology is fairly straightforward. The films have zip to do with the original series continuity, btw.

I could do that in minutes, but I'm not quite sure there's going to be much complexity to it. The first film had the most flashbacks and the chronology is fairly straightforward. The films have zip to do with the original series continuity, btw.
I am just curious the year and month each installment occurs in. I'd like to see your work!

The films have zip to do with the original series continuity, btw.
Well...

I wouldn't say that they have zip to do with it. People wish it did because it turned a major character from the TV show into a villain. Controversial choices don't really affect canon, so... yeah...

Well...

I wouldn't say that they have zip to do with it. People wish it did because it turned a major character from the TV show into a villain. Controversial choices don't really affect canon, so... yeah...
Aren't the actor's ages way off though?

Well...

Right...but this isn't really the same Phelps as in the TV show. It's like The Equalizer -- but McCall is played by Denzel instead of Edward Woodward. Somewhat same character, different actor, inspired by the original source material.

Aren't the actor's ages way off though?
By 12 years. Considering they wanted the original actor back, I'm fairly certain they're supposed to be the same.
Right...but this isn't really the same Phelps as in the TV show. It's like The Equalizer -- but McCall is played by Denzel instead of Edward Woodward. Somewhat same character, different actor, inspired by the original source material.
As I just said, they wanted the original actor back but he refused due to the... interesting choices made regarding his character. I can't find any source on this beyond that, but the intent was for him to be the same. Whether that was changed because of the recast or not we can't be sure, but it's not been stated either way as far as I know.

Latest posts

Back