Timeline Discussions (Various)

Pro Bot

RE: The Stranger Things Timeline...I am coming across a slight issue with a couple of the comics.

I have seen part of Season 4 -- and I am ASSUMING that "Six" is replacing the old "Six" seen in the "Six" comic book. If not, there's a massive continuity issue since the Six seen in Season 4 is a boy AND the old Six in the comics was a girl with long, red hair who was shot and killed to end the series.

Also, the "The Bully" comic basically just ignores things that happened in Season 2. For example, a bunch of kids scare the shit out of Will while he and his friends trick or treat and this triggers him into going to the Upside Down where he sees that huge cloud beast thing before he hides and his friends find him.

In the comic, after the kids scare Will, that "visit" never happens and the bullies that bullied the group try to jump Will instead until he threatens to unleash El on them again. Then they're interrupted by the mean masked kids and have to run off.

There's less of a problem with Six (since her story takes place before the new "Six) and more of an issue with the Bully timeline.

Also, the Suspicious Minds novel tells a different story about El's birth than the show does.

I am really debating on taking the comics and Suspicious Minds out of the overall timeline.

RE: The Stranger Things Timeline...I am coming across a slight issue with a couple of the comics.

I have seen part of Season 4 -- and I am ASSUMING that "Six" is replacing the old "Six" seen in the "Six" comic book. If not, there's a massive continuity issue since the Six seen in Season 4 is a boy AND the old Six in the comics was a girl with long, red hair who was shot and killed to end the series.

Also, the "The Bully" comic basically just ignores things that happened in Season 2. For example, a bunch of kids scare the shit out of Will while he and his friends trick or treat and this triggers him into going to the Upside Down where he sees that huge cloud beast thing before he hides and his friends find him.

In the comic, after the kids scare Will, that "visit" never happens and the bullies that bullied the group try to jump Will instead until he threatens to unleash El on them again. Then they're interrupted by the mean masked kids and have to run off.

There's less of a problem with Six (since her story takes place before the new "Six) and more of an issue with the Bully timeline.

Also, the Suspicious Minds novel tells a different story about El's birth than the show does.

I am really debating on taking the comics and Suspicious Minds out of the overall timeline.
There's another Six in the Far Cry 6: The Vanishing DLC, which is a crossover with Stranger Things set in the present day.

Either this is the Far Cry universe version of the Stranger Things franchise, this crossover is canon to both Far Cry and Stranger Things, or Far Cry and Stranger Things really do share a continuity, which is a little ridiculous. I'm not really a fan of merging Stranger Things and Far Cry canon because of how unrelated they are and being different mediums.
I think it's worth mentioning. I think because of the Six continuity, it is easier to say it is set in the Far Cry canon only.

Dallas Kinard

Here is my DCAU (Timmverse) chronological viewing order.

I started this around late 2012/early 2013 and finished it up only about two years ago. After Star Wars, the DCAU is my personal favorite universe of all time. I spent many many many many long hours researching every minute detail (on-screen media only - not counting video games, books, comics, etc.), re-watching all of the shows multiple times through and trying to figure out every timeline detail possible to make it all mesh. I've read every forum, watched every YouTube video and scrolled through countless comment sections on the subject over the course of about eight years.

In short, this was a labor of love and through much blood, sweat and tears, I've finally come to what I believe is a consistent timeline watch-order. I'm sure it's not 100% perfect, but it's as darn-near close as it can be - at least I'm satisfied with it. This isn't the right order. It's just my order. But if you are someone who wants to binge watch this universe (all on HBOmax I believe), and you care about chronological order, give this a spin and let me know how it flows! As hard as this project was, it was worth it. I've been watching it with my wife - who's seeing it for the first time - and she has really enjoyed it. We started in 2016 and are finally about to start the last quarter of the saga.

Random notes:

Batman: The Animated Series is pretty episodic so I took a ton of liberties with it. It's very much a custom order based on the idea that the series begins very grounded and slowly introduces more and more fantastical elements and characters as it progresses.

The single hardest show of this thing to figure out was Static Shock. Seriously, screw that series and it's lack of any sort of internal chronology (and I'm someone who enjoys it - especially the crossover episodes). Production order be damned for this show. I had to break production order, stretch, squeeze, pull, push, nip and tuck to make the series fit and work in context with it's surrounding shows. I think I did it, but again, no matter which way you choose to slice that one, it's a total mess.

Lastly, Batman: Beyond and The Zeta Project weren't easy to place without breaking production order, but I think I figured out the absolute best way and it still isn't entirely ideal. I believe there are at least two different ways to place The Zeta Project, but either way has it's problems, so I chose the one with the least amount of issues. Update: I actually amended this. The Batman/Zeta saga goes like this...

Batman: Beyond – 2.15: "Zeta" Introduces the character. Batman let's Zeta escape.

Batman: Beyond – 2.20: "Plague" - Features Agent Bennet, who Terry already met in "Zeta".

The Zeta Project – 1.01: "The Accomplice" - Follows up with Zeta an unspecified amount of time after it's first appearance in "Zeta".

The Zeta Project – 1.02: "His Maker's Name" - Officially begins Zee and Ro's quest to find Zeta's creator and must be set before "Countdown".

The Zeta Project – 1.08: "Shadows" - Batman recognizes Zeta's "Zee" identity and asks Bruce Wayne to verify it's him. This would seemingly place the episode after "Countdown". He then claims it's his own fault for Zeta running around loose because Zeta promised to not kill anymore (a callback to "Zeta") and that he let him go (another callback to "Zeta", but could be applied to "Countdown" as well). Ro does seem familiar with Batman in a general sense, which would again place this episode after "Countdown". Batman does seem more familiar with Zeta than he does Ro here. The major problem with this episode is that Wayne-Powers is referenced when it should be Wayne-Enterprises by this point due to the previous evidence. That would put this episode before "King's Ransom". Note that this episode aired before "Countdown". This episode does feel more like a direct follow up to "Zeta" than it does "Countdown". Batman is far more aggressive with Zeta in this episode and doesn't seem too friendly, where in "Countdown" he's far more of an ally to both Ro and Zeta.

Batman: Beyond – 3.02: "King's Ransom" - Paxton Power's arrest leaves a power vacuum at the top of Wayne-Powers, which allows Bruce Wayne to re-establish control of the company at some unspecified point in the future prior to the events of "Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker".

Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker - Bruce Wayne returns to his company as CEO and Chairman Of The Board whereupon it was recently renamed back to Wayne Enterprises.

Batman: Beyond – 3.12: "Countdown" - Zee and Ro continue their search for Eli Selig, placing this episode after "His Maker's Name". Ro seemingly meets Batman for the first time here. Zee refers to Batman as "an old friend". Ro seems surprised Zeta has been to Gotham City and has the connection with Batman. Batman sees Zeta's "Zee" hologram/identity by the end and helps him evade capture and escape Gotham City. Note that this episode aired after "Shadows", so it's possible it was always intended to take place after that episode.

The Zeta Project – 1.13: "Absolute Zero" - A small detail places this episode after "Countdown". When Agent Bennet runs down the locations where Eli Selig has been seen, he refers to the Gotham Symposium from "Countdown".

Most of the DCAU isn't clean. In fact, it's pretty messy and daunting from a chronological stand-point. Multiple series must overlap, which makes it super complicated to figure out since it's hundreds of hours of content spanned across so many different shows. Batman: Beyond is about 20+ hours alone. Visual continuity is something I personally care a lot about (looking at you Static Shock), and in order not to break that, I had to take a few liberties, but I think newcomers wouldn't even notice.

With all of that said, please enjoy my totally schway order! Oh and #keepepilogueasecret

Last edited:
Bit of a curious enquiry, but has anyone tried to put together a timeline for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (more specifically media set in the original universe [Phantom Blood to Stone Ocean, plus spin-off manga/light novels like Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan, Purple Haze Feedback, Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak etc...]), because I was thinking of re-reading the manga at some point while I wait for Netflix to release the next batch of Stone Ocean's anime adaptation and the idea kinda just popped in my head.

EDIT: Have begun working on a timeline for JJBA. Thread can be found here for those curious.

Last edited:

Latest posts