Timeline Hub

You can spoiler tag the timeline for a period of time if you wish.

There is a timeline that I want to make but I will make it when I have finished the other timelines.

There is a videogame series called Super Robot Wars that has more than 50 entries but the majority have not been released in english. It is a crossover game that is an strategy RPG, you know, like Fire Emblem. So, it is a crossover between Mecha shows like Mazinger Z, Gundam, etc. Some of the games happen in a "Crossover World" like a universe in wich some version of the shows involved happened in the past, but, obviously, not in the same way, for example Mazinger Z happens in modern day Japan (Well, in the 70's at least was modern day) but Gundam happens in the far future in a world with an Earth Federation and spaceships and all those things, so obviously the series are not their "original" incarnations. BUT, after more entries, there are some "reboots" where more worlds composed of mixing of mecha series backstories happen, but each time diferently. But there are some original characters with original mechas that don't originate from anime. One of them travels across the multiverse and is implied that every time he appears he is the same version traveling from the other games. So, that links the Super Robot Wars games between themselves but, presenting the Multiverse it could also imply that the original incarnations of the animes could be different universes. Also, the last one had a DLC with Ultraman from Netflix, who I think is supossed to be a descendant of the original Live Action Ultraman, and also the Ultraman series works similar to Super Robot Wars, they have reboots that are unconected to the previous series but there are also movies where the previous Ultramen from their original shows meet travelling between the multiverse.
But all of this is not even the biggest crossover, there is more. There is a game from 2005 exclusive to Japan called Namco X Capcom that is as the title implies a crossover between Namco and Capcom. But it is not a fighting game like Marvel vs Capcom, it is a strategy game, more or lees seems to be a Namco and Capcom themed Super Robot Wars, with the same developers, Banpresto. The game present the games as been in 5 universe (I got that info from the wiki, there seems to not be much info about the game in english, understandably) : one regular world were the majority of series happen like Resident Evil, Tekken and Streeth Fighter, a medieval world where the more fantastic games happen, another medieval world that is just the past of the regular world series like Soul Caliburn happen, a futuristic world that is probably the future of the regular world and Hell, where the demons from Ghost and Ghouls, Darkstalkers, etc come from. If you ask me I would say that there are just 2 worlds since one of the medieval worlds and the futuristic one are just the regular one but in different points in time and Hell is not a "parallel world" just an alternate dimension/realm. Then Super Robot Wars Original Generation Endless Frontier for the DS was released and it is a game made with just original characters and no licensed ones, except characters from Xenosaga, since Namco is the publisher and the original characters from Namco X Capcom! The Namco X Capcom and Xenosaga characters (Xenosaga was included in Namco X Capcom) reference the Namco X Capcon crossover making it canon to Super Robot Wars! THEN in nintendo 3ds a "spiritual succesor" to Namco X Capcom called "Project X Zone" was released that is more or less a "Namco X Capcom X Sega" beacause it follows the same gameplay style and concept to it, but, surprise! some of the Namco characters are from SRW Endless Frontier and the characters that already meet in Namco X Capcom reference their previous encounter making PXZ not a spiritual succesor but a sequel. There is also a PXZ2 that has nintendo characters but just from Fire Emblem and Xenoblade (I suppose that the Fire Emblem characters are supposed to be from a different world to the other 2). By the way the Fire Emblem games also have a convoluted Multiverse. So the modern day universe of the series has like 20 diferent series taking place in the same universe, and are canon at least to the Project X Zone Universe, so I was just curious to see how all fitted together in a timeline. Devil May Cry has crossover apparences in Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta is hinted to take place in the same universe and Phoenix Wright and Layton had a crossover, putting those series in the same universe. It could be argued like in the Watchtower Database video of the cartoon multiverse that the version that cross over could just be different versions from different continuities, like there could be a Ace Attorney+Profesor Layton universe and then a Project X Zone+Ace Attorney universe that are not necessarily the same. But one thing is clear, The Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone games are the same universe, and are one of the worlds in the Super Robot Wars Universe, and at least a version of the events of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Megaman, Xenosaga, Soul Caliburn, Dead Rising, Tekken, Streeth Figter, Strider, Space Channel 5, Ace Attorney, Steets of Rage, etc happened in that universe.
So, I am doing the individual series timelines and then I would see how all of them fit together

Last edited:
There is a timeline that I want to make but I will make it when I have finished the other timelines.

There is a videogame series called Super Robot Wars that has more than 50 entries but the majority have not been released in english. It is a crossover game that is an strategy RPG, you know, like Fire Emblem. So, it is a crossover between Mecha shows like Mazinger Z, Gundam, etc. Some of the games happen in a "Crossover World" like a universe in wich some version of the shows involved happened in the past, but, obviously, not in the same way, for example Mazinger Z happens in modern day Japan (Well, in the 60's at least was modern day) but Gundam happens in the far future in a world with an Earth Federation and spaceships and all those things, so obviously the series are not their "original" incarnations. BUT, after more entries, there are some "reboots" where more worlds composed of mixing of mecha series backstories happen, but each time diferently. But there are some original characters with original mechas that don't originate from anime. One of them travels across the multiverse and is implied that every time he appears he is the same version traveling from the other games. So, that links the Super Robot Wars games between themselves but, presenting the Multiverse it could also imply that the original incarnations of the animes could be different universes. Also, the last one had a DLC with Ultraman from Netflix, who I think is supossed to be a descendant of the original Live Action Ultraman, and also the Ultraman series works similar to Super Robot Wars, they have reboots that are unconected to the previous series but there are also movies where the previous Ultramen from their original shows meet travelling between the multiverse.
But all of this is not even the biggest crossover, there is more. There is a game from 2005 exclusive to Japan called Namco X Capcom that is as the title implies a crossover between Namco and Capcom. But it is not a fighting game like Marvel vs Capcom, it is a strategy game, more or lees seems to be a Namco and Capcom themed Super Robot Wars, with the same developers, Banpresto. The game present the games as been in 5 universe (I got that info from the wiki, there seems to not be much info about the game in english, understandably): one regular world were the majority of series happen like Resident Evil, Tekken and Streeth Fighter, a medieval world where the more fantastic games happen, another medieval world that is just the past of the regular world series like Soul Caliburn happen, a futuristic world that is probably the future of the regular world and Hell, where the demons from Ghost and Ghouls, Darkstalkers, etc come from. If you ask me I would say that there are just 2 worlds since one of the medieval worlds and the futuristic one are just the regular one but in different points in time and Hell is not a "parallel world" just an alternate dimension/realm. Then Super Robot Wars Original Generation Endless Frontier for the DS was released and it is a game made with just original characters and no licensed ones, except characters from Xenosaga, since Namco is the publisher and the original characters from Namco X Capcom! The Namco X Capcom and Xenosaga characters (Xenosaga was included in Namco X Capcom) reference the Namco X Capcon crossover making it canon to Super Robot Wars! THEN in nintendo 3ds a "spiritual succesor" to Namco X Capcom called "Project X Zone" was released that is more or less a "Namco X Capcom X Sega" beacause it follows the same gameplay style and concept to it, but, surprise! some of the Namco characters are from SRW Endless Frontier and the characters that already meet in Namco X Capcom reference their previous encounter making PXZ not a spiritual succesor but a sequel. There is also a PXZ2
that has nintendo characters but just from Fire Emblem and Xenoblade (I suppose that the Fire Emblem characters are supposed to be from a different world to the other 2). By the way the Fire Emblem games also have a convoluted Multiverse. So the modern day universe of the series has like 20 diferent series taking place in the same universe, and are canon at least to the Project X Zone Universe, so I was just curious to see how all fitted together in a timeline. Devil May Cry has crossover apparences in Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta is hinted to take place in the same universe and Phoenix Wright and Layton had a crossover, putting those series in the same universe. It could be argued like in the Watchtower Database video of the cartoon multiverse that the version that cross over could just be different versions from different continuities, like there could be a Ace Attorney+Profesor Layton universe and then a Project X Zone+Ace Attorney universe that are not necessarily the same. But one thing is clear, The Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone games are the same universe, and are one of the worlds in the Super Robot Wars Universe, and at least a version of the events of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Megaman, Xenosaga, Soul Caliburn, Dead Rising, Tekken, Streeth Figter, Strider, Space Channel 5, Ace Attorney, Steets of Rage, etc happened in that universe.
So, I am doing the individual series timelines and then I would see haw all of them fit together
Oooooh, a timeline for Super Robot Wars sounds interesting. Since I'm currently playing SRW 30 on Steam, I'd be interested to see how the order fits together.

Speaking of, since I'm currently watching the anime, I wonder if anyone here would be willing to do a timeline for One Piece, considering that there's over a thousand episodes (as well as countless specials, OVAs & movies) for the anime.

Reactions: Dok
Does someone have an Avatar (James Cameron's) viewing order (or timeline), with the comics (and other things if there are) included?

Speaking of, since I'm currently watching the anime, I wonder if anyone here would be willing to do a timeline for One Piece, considering that there's over a thousand episodes (as well as countless specials, OVAs & movies) for the anime.
I would love to see a one piece timeline but that's gonna take a really long time

I'd like to see a timeline of the Brightburn universe, though it doesn't have much content so far. It has a total of two films: Super and Brightburn. James Gunn teased that it could be connected to Slither but there's absolutely no real link so I don't count that.

Should probably come up with a better name than the Brightburn Universe, especially if it technically started with Super in 2010, heh. I have no doubt that more movies will be made part of this universe that are likely to be more substantially connected beyond a few easter eggs, but probably not worth making a timeline yet.

Anyone want to help figure out how Andor lines up with Rebels? I'd post this in the Star Wars thread, but tbh that thread isn't all that helpful. So I may have more luck here.

There's not much information to go off of as far as I'm aware. During Rebels S1 as placed on that timeline is okay for now, I think.

There's not much information to go off of as far as I'm aware. During Rebels S1 as placed on that timeline is okay for now, I think.
I'll wait until more concrete evidence, but for now I personally have season one placed before Rebels entirely for now at least.

Anyone else here ever create a custom Batman: The Animated Series viewing order? The series is pretty anthology in it's format so there is some level of flexibility. I've seen quite a few different orders and am just curious.

Anyone want to help figure out how Andor lines up with Rebels? I'd post this in the Star Wars thread, but tbh that thread isn't all that helpful. So I may have more luck here.
I don't see why they'd mention Kessel if it wasn't in reference to the Rebels premiere, so I imagine they're already concurrent. I have a big messy-looking timeline of Rebels that includes any tie-in books and comics that help narrow down more specific timeframes, and going off of Pablo Hidalgo's older tweets as well, Rebels begins towards the tail end of 5 BBY and there's some month-long time gaps between each episode so that the Empire Day episode falls in the middle of the following year.

All we know of Andor's timeline officially is season 1 being 5 BBY and every three episodes of season 2 being a year forward until Rogue One. Because of those unstated time gaps in Rebels, the entirety of Andor Season 1 could be between say episode 2 and 3 of Rebels Season 1, or it's just concurrent with episodes 1 - 4 of Rebels.

I don't see why they'd mention Kessel if it wasn't in reference to the Rebels premiere, so I imagine they're already concurrent. I have a big messy-looking timeline of Rebels that includes any tie-in books and comics that help narrow down more specific timeframes, and going off of Pablo Hidalgo's older tweets as well, Rebels begins towards the tail end of 5 BBY and there's some month-long time gaps between each episode so that the Empire Day episode falls in the middle of the following year.

All we know of Andor's timeline officially is season 1 being 5 BBY and every three episodes of season 2 being a year forward until Rogue One. Because of those unstated time gaps in Rebels, the entirety of Andor Season 1 could be between say episode 2 and 3 of Rebels Season 1, or it's just concurrent with episodes 1 - 4 of Rebels.
Nice! Care to share that timeline?

Edit: I also saw this on Reddit and agree.

"Kessel: most likely referring to the coaxium heist/droid uprising/slave revolt as seen in Solo. This would have been about 5 years earlier I think."

Last edited:
You know, I'm thinking the Ghostbusters movie universe would be quite simple to make now. It seems like they want to separate from the IDW comics continuity, so I think we can say that that is a different universe in the multiverse.

1984 - Ghostbusters
1989 - Ghostbusters II
1991 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game
2021 - Ghostbusters: Afterlife
2022 - Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleased
2023 - Ghostbusters (Dark Horse Comics)
2023 - Ghostbusters IV

I'd like to see this as well!

Latest posts

Back