Timeline Hub

The futuristic jet could be a good indicator. I assume the original two films based on the fact they're trying to make a sequel to it and that the Snake Eyes film was a failure.

So I assume the movie will contextualize things for the casual moviegoers who last saw Bumblebee, but what do they need to know going into Rise of the Beasts?
You don't need to know much. If anything, Bumblebee got here in 1987, along with Optimus Prime, and they've tried to seek refuge on Earth until they can get back to Cybertron. Ultimately, all you need to know is that they're trying to get back to Cybertron. If you can go into this movie just knowing that piece of information, you'll be able to track it completely. It doesn't mess up any of the timeline in 2006, 2007. We're actually going in a direction that allows us to protect that side of the universe, but that's all you need to know. And if you're not familiar with The Beast Wars, I would say to just watch the film itself. You don't have to get caught up with the Beast Wars franchise in order to watch our movie. I feel like this is a standalone.

Definitely, definitely Bayverse. If Unicron contradicts when it comes out, we'll just say they're two different characters. Damn, this universe got big...

So I assume the movie will contextualize things for the casual moviegoers who last saw Bumblebee, but what do they need to know going into Rise of the Beasts?
You don't need to know much. If anything, Bumblebee got here in 1987, along with Optimus Prime, and they've tried to seek refuge on Earth until they can get back to Cybertron. Ultimately, all you need to know is that they're trying to get back to Cybertron. If you can go into this movie just knowing that piece of information, you'll be able to track it completely. It doesn't mess up any of the timeline in 2006, 2007. We're actually going in a direction that allows us to protect that side of the universe, but that's all you need to know. And if you're not familiar with The Beast Wars, I would say to just watch the film itself. You don't have to get caught up with the Beast Wars franchise in order to watch our movie. I feel like this is a standalone.

Definitely, definitely Bayverse. If Unicron contradicts when it comes out, we'll just say they're two different characters. Damn, this universe got big...
Maybe One Is the multiversal singularity Unicron, and the other Is Just bayverse Unicron?

1987 - Agent Burns: Welcome to Sector 7
1987 - Bumblebee
1989 - Sector 7 Adventures: The Battle at Half Dome
1994 - Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
2000 - 28 Days
2007 - Transformers
2008 - Friday the 13th: Killer Cut
2009 - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
2013 - Transformers: Dark of the Moon
2018 - Transformers: Age of Extinction
2021 - Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (?)
2023 - Transformers: The Last Knight
20?? - G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (?)
20?? - G.I. Joe: Retaliation (?)
20?? - G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant (?)

Last edited:
1987 - Bumblebee
1994 - Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
2000 - 28 Days
2007 - Transformers
2009 - G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
2013 - G.I Joe: Retaliation
Anyway since Bay won't do anymore Transformers movies, maybe they can do new tie-in storie for trying to solve this mess.

I haven't seen the movie about Snake Eyes, so I don't know if there is some similar situation, but if they return to the first Live Action duology I wonder what are they going to do, since the Bumblebee and ROTB films seem like a "back to basics" trying to make the universe feel more "classic" but for the G.I. Joe side of things in the first movie
the Baroness was good and just brainwashed by her brother Cobra Commander (who transforms into Cobra Commander after she is liberated, I think, so we never see the classic Destro, Baroness, Cobra Commander trio) and she is freed so, no more Baroness
and in the second movie
they killed all of the main cast for the first movie, so, no Duke and the rest to crossover with the Transformers.

I haven't seen the movie about Snake Eyes, so I don't know if there is some similar situation, but if they return to the first Live Action duology I wonder what are they going to do, since the Bumblebee and ROTB films seem like a "back to basics" trying to make the universe feel more "classic" but for the G.I. Joe side of things in the first movie
the Baroness was good and just brainwashed by her brother Cobra Commander (who transforms into Cobra Commander after she is liberated, I think, so we never see the classic Destro, Baroness, Cobra Commander trio) and she is freed so, no more Baroness
and in the second movie
they killed all of the main cast for the first movie, so, no Duke and the rest to crossover with the Transformers.
Snake Eyes was a failure, and the planned fourth G.I. Joe film is a sequel to Retaliation. I assume the next Transformers film would be a G.I. Joe crossover story set between 1994 and 2007, so probably a prequel.

Last edited:
- There are no Decepticons in the film. The scene of Optimus vs a Decepticon in Brooklyn was removed from the final film. So for all those who doubted how they could fit all those factions in.

- The film is officially said to not be a reboot. While it can be said to be a sequel to Bumblebee or a prequel to the Bay films, or even a stand alone film, the panel wanted to make it clear that this is not a reboot.

- Lorenzo di Bonaventura gives a really reductive take on Ironhide. Not a spoiler, but something I wanted to highlight because it really stirred me the wrong way.

- The end credit scene is a hint to a future crossover between Transformers and GI Joe.

- There was a planned scene for Charlie, from the Bumblebee movie, to appear but it did not happen. She could be back for a future installment.

- There are no Decepticons in the film. The scene of Optimus vs a Decepticon in Brooklyn was removed from the final film. So for all those who doubted how they could fit all those factions in.

- The film is officially said to not be a reboot. While it can be said to be a sequel to Bumblebee or a prequel to the Bay films, or even a stand alone film, the panel wanted to make it clear that this is not a reboot.

- Lorenzo di Bonaventura gives a really reductive take on Ironhide. Not a spoiler, but something I wanted to highlight because it really stirred me the wrong way.

- The end credit scene is a hint to a future crossover between Transformers and GI Joe.

- There was a planned scene for Charlie, from the Bumblebee movie, to appear but it did not happen. She could be back for a future installment.
We know how Ironhide's design Will be in the movie?

G.I. Joe 1-2 are set in the "not too distant future". That could be 20 minutes into the future up to 10 years. I'd say the longer option. It gives some time for them to repair the pyramid of giza and reverse-engineer cybertronian technology into the futuristic technology we see in the film.
jeremy-hollingsworth-comp-1-0-02-18-03.png
They didn't repair it in Transformers: The Last Knight, so that supports it being after that movie.

1987 - Bumblebee
1994 - Transformers: Rise of the Beasts** (June 9, 2023)
2000 - 28 Days
2007 - Transformers
20?? - G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
20?? - G.I. Joe: Retaliation
20?? - G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant** (????, 2024)

Maybe Snake Eyes is an in-universe film, lol.

Snake Eyes was a better film than the two dogsh*t GI Joe films from 2009/2013.
Doesn't matter if it bombed, it's still more relevant/recent than two movies from over a decade ago.

And Duke isn't gonna be dead in the reboot. (Also keep in mind, he just joined GI Joe in the first one, and the 2nd one takes place months after the previous one. Don't even try to squeeze Transformers between that because they already have a Rise of Cobra video game sequel, several tie-in comics and books, and a web toon called "Operation HISS" that do that already...)

Also regarding Snake Eyes...clean slate. Most of the Joes and Cobra are dead in the two other movies, and they can't go back to London because that's obliterated.

Also, stop mashing the first 5 Transformers films into the Bumblebee timeline.

If you can't fit all the Donnerverse/Returns Superman films into the same universe, then objectively you shouldn't squeeze this hexagonal peg into a circular hole.

Snake Eyes was a better film than the two dogsh*t GI Joe films from 2009/2013.
Doesn't matter if it bombed, it's still more relevant/recent than two movies from over a decade ago.

And Duke isn't gonna be dead in the reboot. (Also keep in mind, he just joined GI Joe in the first one, and the 2nd one takes place months after the previous one. Don't even try to squeeze Transformers between that because they already have a Rise of Cobra video game sequel, several tie-in comics and books, and a web toon called "Operation HISS" that do that already...)

Also regarding Snake Eyes...clean slate. Most of the Joes and Cobra are dead in the two other movies, and they can't go back to London because that's obliterated.
Fair enough. They're making a sequel to Retaliation called Ever Vigilant though, so that's why I suggest that continuity.

I think we'll find out soon enough. That Lady Jaye series they're working on, for instance.

Also, stop mashing the first 5 Transformers films into the Bumblebee timeline.

If you can't fit all the Donnerverse/Returns Superman films into the same universe, then objectively you shouldn't squeeze this hexagonal peg into a circular hole.
Both the director and producers say it's the same timeline. It's the absolute official word I'm going off of. I could find all the sources if you'd like and make a thread.

Fair enough. They're making a sequel to Retaliation called Ever Vigilant though, so that's why I suggest that continuity.

I think we'll find out soon enough. That Lady Jaye series they're working on, for instance.

Read the article before assuming "lol it's just CBR, fake news".
Both the director and producers say it's the same timeline. It's the absolute official word I'm going off of. I could find all the sources if you'd like and make a thread.
The director said it was a different timeline.

The producer has flip flopped on many things before. I don't take his word as anything but further promotion.

The director said it was a different timeline.

The producer has flip flopped on many things before. I don't take his word as anything but further promotion.
He talks about how Bumblebee is a connection between all the films. He means a Soft-Reboot.

Latest posts

Back