Timeline Hub

I'm interested in watching The Matrix franchise. Anyone do a timeline? I want to watch it all in chronological order please.

Bumping, because I just found out that the V/H/S/85 segment "Dreamkill" is a spin-off sequel to The Black Phone (which is set in 1978) and follows the cousin of one of the main characters from TBP.

If anyone fancies taking a look at this franchise, feel free to. However, keep in mind that there's also the spin-off movie SiREN (which focuses on Lily/Lilith from the V/H/S segment "Amateur Night") and the movie Kids vs. Aliens (which is a full-length adaptation of the V/H/S/2 segment "Slumber Party Alien Abduction"), not to mention the Snapchat exclusive miniseries V/H/S: Video Horror Shorts.
Yet another bump. Guess no-one's interested in doing the V/H/S movie but me, and yet I'm too afraid to even touch them (yes, ironically I can stomach your standard Slasher movies, but a wee few jump scares shown from a first person perspective is too much for me) :(

I'm interested in watching The Matrix franchise. Anyone do a timeline? I want to watch it all in chronological order please.
Closest I could find.

Closest I could find.
I was hoping someone here did an in-depth breakdown of the franchise already.

Taking this over from @Jozaca

@iceman109 oh yeah, almost forgot, but the Batman/Judge Dredd: Die Laughing comic (which is the fourth and final crossover between Batman and Judge Dredd) gives an actual date for us to go off of (atleast in terms of the Judge Dredd universe, nothing on the DC universe end AFAIK).
Batman_Judge Dredd Collection - TPB (Part 2) - 55.jpg

Are the IDW and DC Judge Dredd comics even canon to the main universe outside the crossovers?

Are the IDW and DC Judge Dredd comics even canon to the main universe outside the crossovers?
DC comics are it's own continuity, outside of the Batman/Judge Dredd comics (not sure about the Lobo crossover though). Presumably is the same deal with IDW comics AFAIK.

That said, there's also crossovers with the Aliens series (which is definitely in canon) and also Judge Dredd vs. Predator, which is likely set in an alternate future of the AvP universe, seeing as it not only references the events of the first Predator movie and Predator: Concrete Jungle (the comic, not the game), but also features a descendant of "Dutch" Schaefer as a Psi-Judge assisting Dredd in his fight against the Predator.

Could Judge Dredd Lawman of the Future technically be in the same universe as the 1995 film even though those comics are supposed to be more kid friendly, also what about the Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens comics

With the Snowpiercer timeline are the comics and movie canon to each other because Yona and Tim from the movie appear in the book 3 even though they have different backstories with how the world froze

With the Snowpiercer timeline are the comics and movie canon to each other because Yona and Tim from the movie appear in the book 3 even though they have different backstories with how the world froze
Apparently so. From my research, they actually put all Snowpiercer media (including the TV show?) on the same timeline for the comics. There's actually 10 trains so no contradictions there. Is it possible that all backstories are true and contributed to the frozen Earth?

The show shares the same backstory on how the world froze with the movie but the train length is the same as the comics (1001 cars) and I read that it's reboot of the movie considering how in the film Wilford is American while in the show he's British and in the show the train departed in 2019 while in the movie and probably the comics also they departed in 2014

The show shares the same backstory on how the world froze with the movie but the train length is the same as the comics (1001 cars) and I read that it's reboot of the movie considering how in the film Wilford is American while in the show he's British
I think the Wilfords are different characters and they are different trains.

That means two different Wilford Corps with the same logo and they also departed from the same city (Chicago)

Latest posts

Back